What is this?

PokerFace

Recently I’ve noticed some of these in the parking garage entrance to a hospital— basically they appear to be tubes attached to plastic ceiling tiles. The tubes flow down and are coiled into the bucket, but they are not connected to anything, and I don’t see anything accumulating in the buckets.

Never seen this before, and I’m just curious. What the hell is going on? A drainage system for moisture in the ceiling? That’s the only guess I have. Help plz.

ffa1320fcad8b46daba827781945f97a.jpg

1 hour ago, PokerFace said:

Never seen this before, and I’m just curious. What the hell is going on? A drainage system for moisture in the ceiling? That’s the only guess I have. Help plz.

ffa1320fcad8b46daba827781945f97a.jpg

That's correct.  Scenes like this are ubiquitous at Parkland.

Edited by TriStone
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was tightening the pulley on my Whirlpool top loading washer drum and this coil fell out when I tipped the washer on it's back.  Anyone have any idea what it's from?  The only thing I've ever replaced on it was the actuator and the lid switch and it doesn't seem to be from them.  Everything seems to be working fine FWIW.

Model WTW4800XQ1

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by retsevlys

On 3/23/2020 at 1:51 PM, retsevlys said:

I was tightening the pulley on my Whirlpool top loading washer drum and this coil fell out when I tipped the washer on it's back.  Anyone have any idea what it's from?  The only thing I've ever replaced on it was the actuator and the lid switch and it doesn't seem to be from them.  Everything seems to be working fine FWIW.

Model WTW4800XQ1

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

WAG:

almost looks like a part of the stator motor that broke off somehow :

https://www.amazon.com/Whirlpool-W10754158-Washer-Motor-Stator/dp/B01BRMEFY6

part of stator motor?

edit: black version:

https://partsdr.com/part/w10915700-stator?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgrH4-Ji26AIVF4iGCh0Kiw_LEAQYDCABEgLF3vD_BwE

Edited by zork