2020 Stl Cardinals thread of....who knows?

pops

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

There's no way a team can catch up from that game deficit.  It's just too much work in too short a time frame.  I don't blame MLB, but this year is fucked.

Pretty sure they are doing percentages this year, but won't matter. 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I thought they were stacking double-headers to catch up?

They are but they are never going to get to 60. Manfred said 50-55 was enough to see if the cards belonged in the post season. I'd find a link but I'm drunk. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cards (0.489) are 0.001 behind Cincinnati (0.490) for 2nd place in the NL Central.  With 13 games remaining to the Reds' 9, an 11-2 record would cement a playoff spot.  Obviously, that's not going to happen, but it's at least as unlikely the Reds go 9-0.  The two teams currently slotted for wild card spots (Philadelphia and San Francisco) have a little more cushion at 0.500 each.  Milwaukee can top out at the same record as the Reds (0.567), assuming no rainouts.  Pittsburgh is out of it.

Cardinals have 5 games against the Brewers and 5 against Pittsburgh, along with 3 against the Royals.  They couldn't ask for a much better path.  The Brewers have 3 games against the Reds and the Royals, so there is plenty of opportunity there.  In addition to those 3 against Milwaukee, the Reds have 3 each against the White Sox and the Twins, both of which are among the top 5 teams in the league.

Could get interesting.

7 hours ago, You don't know me said:

Stuck with him for another year too.  One more year guaranteed and then the club options kick in.

The farm system has actuality been decent for hitters and fielders,  but we need more home grown talent at the mound. 

Well, it's come down to this.  A Giants loss seems to cement both wildcards coming out of the Central (Cardinals/Reds/Brewers).  A Giants win could send the Cardinals back to Detroit for a makeup doubleheader, depending on how the 3 Central contenders games shake out.  What a fucking year.

It’s real simple, win & you’re in. 

The Brewers can clinch a postseason berth with a victory over the Cardinals. The Cardinals can clinch a postseason berth with a win over the Brewers. The Giants can clinch the No. 8 seed in the NL with a win over the Padres and a loss by the Brewers. The Phillies can claim the No. 8 seed with a win over the Rays and losses by the Giants and Brewers.