Tell Me About Baylor

Al_4_ISU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I don't remember the Texas hit and didn't see the Georgia hit, but I remember the Oklahoma game where the ref had to tell Brewer he had to leave the field because he wasn't all there, that's after Baylor sent him back into the game. The ref had to protect this young man because Baylor's win at all costs fucksticks didnt' care his brain was mush. 
I (obviously) never click on this thread, but is there any video supporting this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Lymanward said:

Baylor hijinks.

2 lawyers are arrested in alleged plot to kill another attorney

https://www.abajournal.com/news/article/two-lawyers-are-arrested-in-alleged-plot-to-kill-another-attorney

Killing a lawyer's a misdemeanor, right?

Edited by The Marsellus Wallace

This should get interesting:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Judge-orders-Baylor-to-turn-over-Pepper-Hamilton-15311670.php

Judge orders Baylor to turn over Pepper Hamilton documents

David Barron , Houston Chronicle   June 2, 2020 Updated: June 2, 2020 5:52 p.m.

Texas Sports Nation  // College 

A federal magistrate judge Tuesday issued a sharply worded order that requires Baylor University to provide documents prepared by the Philadelphia law firm Pepper Hamilton to attorneys for 15 women who are suing Baylor for alleged Title IX violations.

Magistrate Judge Andrew W. Austin, who is overseeing the case filed in an Austin federal court, gave Baylor until July 15 to turn over documents to attorneys for the women and to designate documents it believes are not subject to evidence discovery in the long-running lawsuit.

Austin warned Baylor that he will take a dim view of an overbroad effort by the school to withhold Pepper Hamilton documents from discovery.

“The court will not tolerate any more misreadings of a court order,” Austin wrote. “Baylor has made a habit of avoiding discovery compliance by interpreting orders in its favor even when the order directs otherwise.”

He added, “The court warns Baylor that it will impose sanctions if Baylor fails to comply in good faith with this order.”

Austin also had a sharp response for Baylor’s suggestion that it will attempt to prevent at trial any mention of Pepper Hamilton, which was hired in 2015 to investigate allegations of sexual assault of female students on and off campus and of Baylor’s shortcomings in enforcing Title IX protections.

Prohibiting mention of Pepper Hamilton’s work, he said, “would require witnesses to testify in half-truths in order to pretend that Baylor conducted its own investigation and originated its own policy reforms.”

“Baylor is effectively asking its witnesses to lie,” he added.

Pepper Hamilton’s investigation resulted in the submission of more than 100 proposed Title IX enforcement reforms to the school, which in May 2016 adopted the firm’s suggestions and also fired football coach Art Briles and demoted university president Kenneth Starr, who subsequently resigned.

Attorneys Chad Dunn and Jim Dunnam, who represent the 15 women, have repeatedly sought copies of what was referred to as the “Pepper Hamilton report” but were told by Baylor there was no written report of that description that could be handed over.

In Tuesday’s order, however, Austin ruled that through its defense in the case, Baylor has waived attorney-client privilege of Pepper Hamilton’s work product. He said those documents should be handed over to the women’s attorneys unless Baylor can meet strict standards for declaring certain documents as privileged information.

“This is not a situation where a university conducted its own investigation and implemented its own reforms while consulting with a law firm for guidance,” Austin wrote.

“Pepper Hamilton, not Baylor, conducted the investigation, designed the reforms and implemented many if not most of the changes, and Baylor’s policymakers depended heavily on Pepper Hamilton for knowledge of the relevant facts and for advice in how to respond to those facts.

“Given this, it is impossible for the court, the parties or a jury to separate Baylor’s efforts from Pepper Hamilton’s, much less to do as Baylor proposes and pretend that Pepper Hamilton’s efforts were Baylor’s. … The court thus far has seen no evidence in the record that Baylor originated any findings or reforms without Pepper Hamilton’s assistance.”

Baylor had no immediate comment on Austin’s ruling.

Dunn in an email said, “Baylor has spent four long years and millions of dollars to conceal the truth, even going so far as to deny the existence of a Pepper Hamilton Report that plainly exists.

“This ruling is an important step forward to bring badly needed transparency to this university and therefore bring some justice to the 15 courageous women who we are proud to represent.”

• Like 2

8 hours ago, smokebomb said:

Why is the judge giving Baylor 6 more weeks to hand over said documents when three days would be plenty of time to get the files out of Pepper’s Philly safe, box them up and send it all to Austin?

In fact the DOJ should send a SWAT team of federal marshals to raid Pepper’s office to seize the files.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I used to work with one of the lawyers representing Baylor, she was truly a terrible person who was hated by pretty much everyone in the office. Glad to see she finally found a perfect match for a client. 

The aggy one, I hope.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I used to work with one of the lawyers representing Baylor, she was truly a terrible person who was hated by pretty much everyone in the office. Glad to see she finally found a perfect match for a client. 

Is there any Baylor Law grad that is not a piece of crap?

30 minutes ago, W0244 Jester said:

Well, there’s more than one way to skin a cat. 

But enough about Baylor baseball. 

¡Que viva Queso!

Shot, Beaten, Beheaded and Skinned -- The Horrific Case of Queso the Cat

ANIMAL PEOPLE
May 2002

Hangin' judge Roy Bean "justice" prevails in Texas for feral cats

WACO, Texas--Circa 1883, Val Verde County justice of the peace Roy Bean, "The Law West of the Pecos," ruled at one of the most infamous trials in U.S. history that "There ain't no law in the state of Texas against killing a Chinaman."

That verdict was recalled on March 19 in Waco when a McLennan County jury decided that there is no law in the state of Texas against killing a feral cat, no matter how it is done.

The three-man, three-woman jury deliberated for just 55 minutes before finding former Baylor University pitcher Derek Brehm, 21, innocent of misdemeanor cruelty for admittedly shooting a cat named Queso with a pellet gun on the patio of a Taco Cabana restaurant in March 2001, battering the cat with a golf club, and then decapitating him, skinning his head.

Defense attorney Ross Hunt convinced the jury that the Texas anti-cruelty statute does not apply to feral cats because it defines "animal" as a domesticated or captured creature, to avoid application to hunters and trappers.

Hunt argued that Taco Cabana night manager Teresa Jones had not domesticated or captured Queso, although she did feed and name him.

Hunt also asserted that Queso was not tortured because, Hunt claimed, Queso must have been dead after he was shot, even though Jones said Queso was still alive when Brehm and former Baylor outfielder Clint Bowers, 22, drove him away to hit him with the golf club--to make sure he was dead, again by their own admission.

After Brehm was acquitted, prosecutor Crawford Long dropped cruelty charges against Bowers, since the evidence against him was the same.

Brehm and Bowers were both suspended from the Baylor baseball team for eight games. Brehm was dropped from the baseball team after a September 2001 arrest for drunk driving. He lost his scholarship to attend Baylor as result of that offense, did 50 hours of community service at the Waco animal shelter for the drunk driving charge, and then transferred to the University of Texas at Arlington. Bowers is still attending Baylor, but is no longer playing baseball.

Dallas attorney and Animal Legal Defense Fund president Robert "Skip" Trimble told reporters that the Queso case exemplifies the need to update and improve the Texas cruelty statute.

Merritt Clifton
Editor, ANIMAL PEOPLE
P.O. Box 960
Clinton, WA 98236

Telephone: 360-579-2505
Fax: 360-579-2575
E-mail: anmlpepl@whidbey.com
Web: www.animalpeoplenews.org

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Baylor grads tell me about how they’re a better team and program overall this decade because they have 2 Big 12 titles and appeared in 3 BCS/NY6 games.  I always respond with, “oh yeah, we have a Rose and Peach. Where are your BCS/NY6 trophies? Also, TCU was invited to the Big 12 because they were good enough to compete. Our kids, Gary Patterson and the coaching staff worked hard over the years to build a program that was good enough to compete at the BCS AQ/P5 level. Unlike Baylor, our kids earned their spot in the Big 12 and weren’t just put in because the governor at the time was a Baylor alum who wouldn’t approve a conference merger unless the Bears were included.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Netanyahu for TCU said:

Baylor grads tell me about how they’re a better team and program overall this decade because they have 2 Big 12 titles and appeared in 3 BCS/NY6 games.  I always respond with, “oh yeah, we have a Rose and Peach. Where are your BCS/NY6 trophies? Also, TCU was invited to the Big 12 because they were good enough to compete. Our kids, Gary Patterson and the coaching staff worked hard over the years to build a program that was good enough to compete at the BCS AQ/P5 level. Unlike Baylor, our kids earned their spot in the Big 12 and weren’t just put in because the governor at the time was a Baylor alum who wouldn’t approve a conference merger unless the Bears were included.”

Would you like a cookie?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

So Judge baylor:

Owned 20 slaves valued at $18,000

Punished a white man for refusing to return a borrowed slave and punished an abolitionist for harboring an escaped slave

Believed slavery wad God ordained reality

Hanged a slave for arson

Levied a heavy fine on a white person that bought bacon from a slave

Ordered the execution of a slave for "intent" to rape a white woman

Lead the Texas "Know Nothing Party" dedicated to making Texas pure by keeping out catholics and foreigners

And the university:

baylors first 15 trustees were slave holders

Disabled soldiers and children of the fallen were given free tuition to show support for the confederacy

And yet, things are relatively quiet at baylor while our athletes have their panties all in a wad over a song.  I wish someone would explain this to me.  

All you baylor lovers neg away.  :) 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

So Judge baylor:

Punished a white man for refusing to return a borrowed slave and punished an abolitionist for harboring an escaped slave

Hanged a slave for arson

Lead the Texas "Know Nothing Party" dedicated to making Texas pure by keeping out catholics and foreigners

And the university:

Disabled soldiers and children of the fallen were given free tuition to show support for the confederacy

And yet, things are relatively quiet at baylor while our athletes have their panties all in a wad over a song.  I wish someone would explain this to me.  

All you baylor lovers neg away.  :) 

Most of us and the players are living in the 21st century. I don't think most of us want to dig up all the names of people that owned or mistreated slaves.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

Most of us and the players are living in the 21st century. I don't think most of us want to dig up all the names of people that owned or mistreated slaves.

Hmmmm.....seems to me that is EXACTLY what is happening today in this country.  

On 7/10/2020 at 1:32 PM, Netanyahu for TCU said:

Dude, you need to get laid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
So Judge baylor:
Hanged a slave for arson
And the university:
All you baylor lovers neg away.   

New Baylor president addressed all this, owned the past, condemned it, etc. Said it wasnt Christian. Formed a commission to study and address racism and correct it.

I'm one of Baylors biggest critics but Linda Livingstone doesnt seem to be tone deaf. Progress.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

New Baylor president addressed all this, owned the past, condemned it, etc. Said it wasnt Christian. Formed a commission to study and address racism and correct it.

I'm one of Baylors biggest critics but Linda Livingstone doesnt seem to be tone deaf. Progress.

First of all, there is nothing christian about baylor.  The art briles tenure will testify to that.  Ant statues coming down?  Renaming buildings?  Renaming the school?  How about burning the piece of shit to the ground.  We'll all be better off.  Fuck baylor.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

I'll tell you about Baylor:

Love to play the "we are just a small private school" card, when in fact they are the world's largest Baptist university with tons of money. However, nobody knows who they are affiliated with or if they are even affiliated with anyone. Hell, most Baylor fans don't know.
To be the world's largest Baptist school, not much fan base outside McLennan county                                                                                                                      

Biggest hypocrites on the planet:

Quick to pull out the bible when it benefits them, quick to put it up when it doesn't.
They win a few games and they are the mouthiest fans you will ever encounter, especially after they came back to beat TCU in 2014
You kick their ass and they are just a small private school
Pulled out the bible and were ready to burn PSU to the ground and kick them out of the NCAA
Put the bible back in the drawer and claimed "nothing to see here, happens everywhere" when their little scandal broke out
To them, Art Briles is innocent because he was winning
"He is a good Christian man. He has 3 books he wrote saying so....and he was winning"
Everyone was "jealous of their success"....or so they say
Couldn't get a decent team to play them for their OOC schedule because "everyone was afraid"
Desperately want to be UT's rival
Will do anything, anything to be a "big time" program.
And of course, in their eyes, everything is UT's fault. LHN, breakup of the conference, greed, you name it, "point the finger at Texas, they're the one to blame." However, I have never heard one fan say they would have turned down $300 million for their own network. They certainly don't complain about anybody else's network or money, but you don't see them wanting to separate from UT either.
Did I mention they are the biggest hypocrites on the planet?

That's just a few things. Fuck them.

Edited by Netanyahu for TCU
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4