Tell Me About Baylor

Al_4_ISU

14 hours ago, LTbear said:

Good place to go to school if you’re a smart kid from a dirt poor family. Waco is stupid cheap.

The annual list price to attend Baylor University on a full time basis for 2016/2017 is$59,174 for all students regardless of their residency. This fee is comprised of$37,996 for tuition, $11,754 room and board, $1,444 for books and supplies and$4,010 for other fees.

Almost $240,000 for a mediocre degree?  That tells me the kid aint too smart.  Waco being "cheap" aint gonna cut down on that bill.  Fuck Baylor.  

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Wait, wait, wait.

Art is reviled in Canada, too? Glory be. I didn't think those puckheads followed college football from down South.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/20496809/hamilton-tiger-cats-ceo-cites-tsunami-negativity-cfl-team-reversal-art-briles-hiring

Hamilton Tiger-Cats CEO Scott Mitchell cited a "tsunami of negativity" from fans and media in the United States as one of the main reasons why the Canadian Football League team reversed its decision to hire former Baylorcoach Art Briles.

On 5/26/2018 at 6:47 PM, texifornia said:

DeKgttmU8AE0qN-.jpg

Somehow I doubt that's proud Pitt alum and guy that is no longer alive Gust Avrakotos

Aw, you guys got to feel almost relevant for a few, glorious moments, and you loved it so much that you are cool with your school's pervasive rape culture and a clear fucking scumbag redneck; and you want him back because it feels so good to high-five the other insecure bitch-ass poser alumni of your shitty, overpriced, corrupt institution after the rapists dressed in gaudy, classless chrome gold score touchdowns between assaulting other students.  

Fuck you Baylor, fuck you straight to fucking hell. 

• Like 4

On 5/27/2018 at 2:31 PM, tonedeaf said:

The annual list price to attend Baylor University on a full time basis for 2016/2017 is$59,174 for all students regardless of their residency. This fee is comprised of$37,996 for tuition, $11,754 room and board, $1,444 for books and supplies and$4,010 for other fees.

Almost $240,000 for a mediocre degree?  That tells me the kid aint too smart.  Waco being "cheap" aint gonna cut down on that bill.  Fuck Baylor.  

You didn’t catch the real meaning of the post. The list price ain’t getting paid by the smart kids- we go for free. And then Waco is great, if you’re one of us who had to work full time to support yourself through school. My apartment cost $450 per month. I actually saved up a little money while there.

10 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Buckshot Calvert is my hero! lol I still can't believe that's his REAL name.

The funniest point of the video is when Baylor pulls ahead 24-17ish. You know all the Baylor fans thought, "okay, here comes our trademark, scoring avalancheTM." Then, weirdly, Liberty keeps scoring and it must have slowly dawned on the fans that, "actually, we suck!!!!!"  

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

60% chance to beat Kansas State?  Huh?

I know part of BillC's rubric takes recruiting bluechip-ness into account (he laughs every year about how well it correlates success with everyone but UT), which always underrates K-State.

Bill's rubric takes recruiting, and a 5 year history into account when it generates the data. Baylor's still riding high from the wins of 2013 and 2014 in his data, and he points it out a couple of times. 

That OOC schedule is a cakewalk though. With any developmental leaps they can start 5-1, and they played Oklahoma close last year too. 

On 5/29/2018 at 9:51 AM, LTbear said:

You didn’t catch the real meaning of the post. The list price ain’t getting paid by the smart kids- we go for free. And then Waco is great, if you’re one of us who had to work full time to support yourself through school. My apartment cost $450 per month. I actually saved up a little money while there.

yes the cost of living is usually cheap in hellholes

On 5/27/2018 at 2:50 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

Wait, wait, wait.

Art is reviled in Canada, too? Glory be. I didn't think those puckheads followed college football from down South.

He tried to get on as an assistant coach in the CFL and the public outrage caused the team to rethink their decision.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23716997/grand-jury-declines-indict-2-suspended-baylor-players-alleged-sexual-assault

A Texas grand jury decided Wednesday that there was not enough evidence to indict two suspended Baylor football players who had been investigated on allegations of sexual assault.

The grand jury reviewed information from Baylor University's Title IX investigation, police reports, witness statements and victim interviews before deciding there wasn't enough evidence against John Arthur and Tre'von Lewis to proceed to trial, according to a statement released Wednesday by McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna.

Lewis and Arthur, both redshirt freshmen last season, were among the Baylor football players suspended from the team in March.

On Nov. 17, 2017, two female Baylor students told police that they were sexually assaulted at University Parks Apartments in Waco, Texas, during the early-morning hours of Nov. 12, according to a Baylor police report. The report listed four suspects, whose names - along with the names of the female victims, who were member of Baylor's equestrian team -- were blacked out.

The case was submitted to the McLennan County district attorney's office, and as a result of further investigation, cases against only Arthur and Lewis were presented to the grand jury for review, according to sources close to the investigation. In Reyna's statement, he commended the grand jury members for their work and stated that, "we agree with and respect their decision."

Baylor University also opened a Title IX sexual violence investigation into the allegations.

During a March 14 news conference, Baylor coach Matt Rhule announced the suspensions and named four players -- Arthur, Lewis and another redshirt freshman Justin Harris, as well as sophomore Eric Ogor. A Baylor spokesman told Outside the Lines at the time that one of the suspensions was unrelated to the sexual assault allegations. But neither the spokesperson nor Rhule, who talked in general about his limited role in the Title IX process, would identify which were involved in the sexual assault investigation.

Ogor had been suspended in October for the remainder of the 2017 season, and at that time, Baylor officials said his discipline was unrelated to Title IX issues. About a week after the March 14 news conference, Rhule dismissed Ogor from the team for "repeat violations of the athletic department policies" but did not go into detail.

A Baylor spokesperson said in March that the three players tied to the sexual assault investigation had been completely separated from the team since the allegations were first made in November. Although their separation was related to the ongoing sexual assault investigation, the school did not indicate what their alleged role might have been in the reported assault.

When asked Wednesday about the results of the Title IX investigation, a Baylor spokesperson said there was no change in the status of the football players and "no new or additional information to report at this time."

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

All I know is I made a profile on sicem365 last year for shits and giggles and got banned after our game against them for simply stating "good to see Rapelor back in the basement of the conference where they belong. Hopefully they'll be out of the conference for good."

That isn't inflammatory at all, definitely a solid take.    

On 6/9/2018 at 10:59 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

One thing I won't shit on Baylor for.

This is where live sports are headed.

Let's see how the games are rated by streaming, would the game be free or you need to pay a fee or simply click the like button to view the contest..? 

• 2 weeks later...

Oops

Liberty University Athletic Director Ian McCaw in a deposition said Baylor University undertook “an elaborate plan that essentially scapegoated black football players and the football program for being responsible for what was a decades-long, university-wide sexual assault scandal,” according to a motion filed in Waco’s U.S. District Court on Wednesday.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/higher_education/mccaw-baylor-regents-displayed-racism-preferred-misleading-report-on-rape/article_d6017176-142e-582d-a3bd-98c4a8e46e02.html

10 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Also, the stuff about the Pepper Hamilton report being totally fabricated is gold

That was one of my reactions.  I thought the Pepper Hamilton report was bade enough that it was the impetus for Art Briles' firing, but now we learn the firm's actual findings were even worse???

Holy shit:

McCaw said former Baylor Police Chief Jim Doak had discouraged reporting of sexual assaults and ignored rape reports, according to the motion. He said former high-level administrator Reagan Ramsower, who also took heavy criticism during the scandal, once said that “if Chief Doak was still here, we wouldn’t fire him. We’d have to execute him.”

Doak resigned in 2013 and was thrown a retirement party.

McCaw said he learned of rape allegations involving Baylor athletes through media reports, and also testified that a Baylor police dispatcher once put a woman reporting that she had been raped on hold to order himself a meal.

That's it, burn it all down.

54 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

Ian is trying to cover his butt.

I certainly think this is true, but I also think that he's telling the truth to a degree. I wouldn't trust the BOR anymore than I would trust Briles. The whole lot are crooked and should have lost power a long time ago. It's sad because I enjoyed my time at BU and led a normal college existence that didn't include any rapes or bible studies. Now I'm ashamed of the way the olds in charge want her to be a bible college and they are getting their way. We should have moved in SMU and TCU's direction years ago, but here we are with Howard Payne and ETBU. My kids won't be looking at Baylor unless they find it on their own and I'll certainly be pushing for out of state.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Like 1

Mac Engel/FWST weighs in: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article213931159.html

WACO -- Former Baylor athletic director Ian McCaw swore under oath that BU had an "elaborate plan that essentially scapegoated the black football players and the football program for being responsible for what was a decades-long, university-wide sexual assault scandal."

He also said administrators used "racially charged labels like, '300 pound black football player.'"

Might want to keep that one out of the recruiting brochure.

This is the reason why Baylor wants this testimony sealed, and other evidence suppressed.

The motion came about 10 minutes after I called the federal court in Waco looking for the deposition. Draw your own conclusions.

On Wednesday morning, however, the lawyers representing several clients against Baylor filed a new motion against the school to reveal McCaw related materials, among them a long statement he personally wrote and his entire deposition.

In this filing are portions of McCaw's deposition, which reveal an administration that simply had no shame, nor any problem easily violating the very ethos on which the Baptist university is founded. Do unto others is apparently not an across-the-board Christian edict; Save Thy Hide is.

In the portions of the deposition made available in the court filing, McCaw delivered damning accounts of how Baylor officials, including the Baylor police department, deliberately mishandled many allegations by young women who claimed they were raped.

This is everything Baylor officials did not want out, and paints many members of Baylor's board as racist, paranoid and brain dead.

McCaw served as Baylor's AD from 2003 to 2016 when he "resigned." In the deposition, he said he was urged to remain at BU, but that he left because he was "disgusted at that point with the regents, the racism, the phony finding of fact." He also said he did not want to be a part of "Enron coverup."

'Finding of fact' is the term used at Baylor for the investigation completed by the Philadelphia law firm of Pepper Hamilton. Tales of the investigation include Hamilton lawyers asking Baylor employees, "Why are there so many black players?"

In the deposition, McCaw asserts that Baylor Regent Chair Richard Willis "directed" the investigation to accomplish the goal he was seeking. The goal was to blame the football program.

After McCaw left Baylor, per the deposition, he met with Baylor attorneys who told him they were looking at three different outcomes: A detailed document, a summary report, or "to whitewash the whole thing."

McCaw testified that he visited the law firm in Philadelphia, which "resulted in the strategy of Baylor Regent Cary Gray writing 'false' and 'misleading finding of fact skewed to make the football program look bad to cover up the campus-wide failings.'"

In this filing, McCaw also said that now retired Baylor police Chief Jim Doak "systematically buried rape reports, concealed them from McCaw when they involved sports, causing McCaw to learn from them through ESPN."

McCaw also referenced one incident of a Baylor police officer putting a sexual assault complaint on hold while he ordered food.

Despite McCaw's obvious motivations in the deposition, which is to spread the wealth of blame to his ex fellow Baylor officials, at least in the deposition he had rhetorical awareness to admit there were failures and shortcomings within the Baylor athletic department, too.

According to multiple sources, one of the reasons current school officials are confident there will be no significant penalties from the NCAA when its investigation is complete is the problems within the BU athletic department were throughout the entire university.

What McCaw's testimony reveals is there was dramatic differences on how this ordeal should have been handled between the Baylor board and two high ranking officials: McCaw, and former Baylor president Ken Starr.

Wonder what former football coach Art Briles thinks?

Baylor's mission as it relates to this scandal is to upgrade and update its Title IX procedures. It has spent tens of millions to do so.

Baylor's other mission as it relates to this scandal has been to move on, which because both its language and its behaviors are both embarrassing and unbecoming of the largest Baptist university in the world.

All of this should be miles beneath a place like Baylor, but instead makes it appear such behaviors are not just the actions of a misguided few but part of the culture that exists.

So don't bother asking, "Have you no shame?"

They clearly did not.

Edited by C-Man

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

It’s adorable that you think any of that will happen.

50% of realistically could.  It wouldn’t be a good look to keep them around the conference considering not only are they hiding rape, but doing it in the most racist way possible, while claiming to be a Christian school. But hey, what the fuck do I know?  I haven’t slept in 3 days thanks to having a newborn and I’m sleeep deprived enough to find future man funny.