Tell Me About Baylor

Al_4_ISU

• 1 month later...

I know a young man from Waco who, when he was 20, was caught having sex with his seventeen-year old girlfriend (by her mother).  Moments before Mom made her entrance, girlfriend's bff (aged 16) jumped in to the fray and young lad grabbed her by her ample bosom, through her clothes.  Mom freaked out, call Bff's mom, and summoned the police. He was convicted of indecency with a child and spent ten long  years in prison.  He is now labeled a sex offender, and has to register everywhere he goes.  He is white, raised poor, and is now un-hirable.  He should have just enrolled in Baylor.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/maryanngeorgantopoulos/former-baylor-fraternity-sexual-assault-plea-deal-no-jail?bfsource=cleanhpvariant

A Former Baylor University Fraternity President Accused Of Sexual Assault Will Serve No Jail Time After A Judge Approved His Plea Deal

A former Baylor University fraternity president originally indicted for sexually assaulting a woman in 2016 will avoid jail time and being placed on the sex offender registry after pleading no contest to a lesser charge.

State District Judge Ralph Strother on Monday accepted the deal presented by prosecutors nearly two months ago in Waco, Texas, and sentenced Anderson to three years of deferred probation.

Anderson was accused of raping a 19-year-old female student at a Phi Delta Theta party in 2016. According to an arrest affidavit, the unnamed woman said she felt dizzy and disoriented after drinking a cup of punch. The affidavit said Anderson took her outside for her to get some air before he sexually assaulted her.

• 5 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

Why is Ruhle so well thought of?

He's worked small miracles at schools like Temple and Baylor.  Is that NFL worthy?  I'm not sure.  But what he did at Baylor last season -- after most of us thought that program was headed right back to the conference cellar it occupied for so long -- is pretty remarkable.  If he stays at Baylor, he could make that team respectable, and possibly even less rapey. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

He's worked small miracles at schools like Temple and Baylor.  Is that NFL worthy?  I'm not sure.  But what he did at Baylor last season -- after most of us thought that program was headed right back to the conference cellar it occupied for so long -- is pretty remarkable.  If he stays at Baylor, he could make that team respectable, and possibly even less rapey. 

I'm impressed by him and Matt Campbell too. I don't know what makes someone an NFL type but by all accounts both Rhule and Campbell check the boxes. As we have seen before, winning at the college level is not one of the boxes. I hope Campbell and Rhule both stay in the Big12 because they make the Big12 better, well except that Alamo Bowl.

31 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

I'm impressed by him and Matt Campbell too. I don't know what makes someone an NFL type but by all accounts both Rhule and Campbell check the boxes. As we have seen before, winning at the college level is not one of the boxes. I hope Campbell and Rhule both stay in the Big12 because they make the Big12 better, well except that Alamo Bowl.

Young Jedi ran into Air Raid Obi Wan and nearly beat him.

I actually applaud the nfl for reaching and looking outside their ranks instead of hiring another has been. I believe there is a higher upside to kk or ruhle then hiring Jeff fisher for the 8,9, or 10th time. How many retreads have there been? And shockingly almost all produce the same results

Edited by Eugene11

15 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Lettrel won’t take Baylor without the same type of deal Rhule got because of the NCAA NOI that they received in late Oct.

That may also have a lot to do why Rhule was connected to a ton of openings 

Rhule was connected to openings because he did CPR on Temple and got them back and is doing the same thing at Baylor. 

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

Didn't he have a 7 year Baptist deal?

I would think it’s not in anyway in Baylor’s favor. I know he came from Temple, but most still were a little surprised he took that job. The contract was probably life changing. 

I am sure he has an NFL clause. 

On 11/1/2018 at 3:48 PM, lemonandaturd said:

Baylor will be lucky if their next stop isn't the Southland Conference.  

I would kinda like Baylor at least in the P5/P5 fringe/purgatory area, as in the MWC, so at least we can still enjoy watching the team in a relevant league sometimes...