Tell Me About Baylor

Al_4_ISU

9 minutes ago, nnm said:

So it looks like Pepper Hamilton is not complying with the Court orders to turn over their internal documents and are facing discovery sanctions. Also looks like Baylor continues its strategy of delay and document dumps. Including only now turning over police tapes that they’ve had since 2014.

Why any father would allow his daughter to go there is beyond me.  It’s also an abomination that they continue to have the stage of a P5 conference.  They need to be jettisoned and go play with like minded schools like Liberty, A&M Qatar, U. of Tehran, Mecca CC.

https://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Pepper-Hamilton-hearing-moved-from-Waco-to-Austin-13999440.php

Fify

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Nothing like good wholesome advice from child rape enabler Joe Paterno!

"Matt Rhule said the interest in him from NFL teams is flattering but Baylor "is the right place for us. Coach Paterno once told David Cutcliffe to find a place where he fit, and Baylor fits me.*"

*Fit so well he has tried to get a job elsewhere at the conclusion of both seasons of being at that cesspool.

23 minutes ago, 'stache said:

JFC, can he really be that tone deaf? How can he even think of raising Paterno's name to begin with, but of all places, at Baylor? I can't imagine what is going through his head. Fucking moron.

Paterno was his mentor - played under him and Penn State and always turned to him for advice, etc. Won't hear and doesn't believe a bad thing about him. Part of the package with Rhule.

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Paterno was his mentor - played under him and Penn State and always turned to him for advice, etc. Won't hear and doesn't believe a bad thing about him. Part of the package with Rhule.

I don't think he's kidding when he calls Baylor a perfect fit.

53 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I had no idea.  I have been thinking of him as a decent coach working at a craptastic university.  Now, I say f him and I hope he rots in Waco.

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Pro QB??  But Charlie only received one P5 Offer??  Dallas Morning News Quote:

No Power five offers

Despite his illustrious career in high school, Brewer received one offer from a Power five school. Matt Rhule was able to pluck Brewer away from SMU in December of 2016. 

Edit:  Btw... Kurt Bowels is SUCH a DICK!!!

Edited by LTtxfan

Funny one would ask about Baylor. Trying to watch last year’s game, currently airing on LHN ... but, there’s a burst of Longhorn commercials after every third play punctuated by Galindo saying, “due to time constraints, we move along to further action.”

Time constraints?  LHN is good only for live events. Otherwise, it’s unwatchable ... unless you’re interested in Longhorn Legend playwrights, actors, or former athletic directors. Ricky the Poet, Roger the Dunking Booth Hog, and the Skeet Brothers have lost their luster.  

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, huge said:

So this is how it goes now?  You don't beat out the returning starter and you transfer?

Pretty much everyone was actually recruiting him as a WR/DB. Rhule probably broke the news to him that his future wasn't at QB and he got pissy.

I wonder if he goes home to Tech, or drops a level to play QB.

59 minutes ago, huge said:

So this is how it goes now?  You don't beat out the returning starter and you transfer?

He didn't go there to play WR.  If he's got to play WR or DB, he might as well do it somewhere else like tOSU.  They may have Matthew Baldwin's scholly available.

Edited by angelos's frog

• 5 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, maninblack said:

"The new amendment to Rhule's original seven-year contract results in an extension through March 31, 2028. The amended contract includes various performance and retention incentives in addition to an enhancement to his base salary. As a private institution, Baylor does not disclose specific contract terms."

This damn non-disclosure crap should be changed and made available under "freedom of information". 

33 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Dude is straight milking the shit out of Baylor. He may be a good coach but he's already had raises when he leaked his discussions with NFL teams, so now he beats ISU and gets an extension. Nothing wrong with getting paid but he's won a total of 12 games. 

My guess is someone floated Rutgers being open

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Wait, wasn't it leaked that despite all the horse shit that went down with Briles, that needle-dick still walked away with $40+ M?  Now this?  JFC, this is weapons-grade, aggy-esq stupidity

Depending on who you talk to, the Briles settlement was between 8 and 15mm. I think the 15mm is probably closer to what he was paid but I have no way of knowing that, just a hunch based on who I've heard that from. His full contract was worth ~40mm iirc but he didn't get that.

7 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Depending on who you talk to, the Briles settlement was between 8 and 15mm. I think the 15mm is probably closer to what he was paid but I have no way of knowing that, just a hunch based on who I've heard that from. His full contract was worth ~40mm iirc but he didn't get that.

Gotcha - not sure where I'd heard that.  Hope he gets dick cancer with a $15M medical bill.....

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Baylor football player charged with manslaughter

Some careless and reckless driving this summer.  Appears that it also ended his career because of his injuries

Read about that.   Terrible situation.  I doubt it’ll bring a conviction, especially since the TXDoT is already investigating that area for its terrible construction.   Horrible for both parties.  

• 2 weeks later...