2-25 Debate Thread of Transience

bad_teammate

I know the progressives hate her, but Klobuchar can constantly reference legislation she wrote or was involved with. She’s pretty good at debating, except for that one moment last debate where she lost her cool. She has no shot but I could see Bloomberg picking her for VP

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

There is a greater level of regulatory scrutiny, but it is not out right illegal.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public-health-focus/fda-and-cannabis-research-and-drug-approval-process

oh right there's that one guy in florida who gets weed delivered to him daily from mississippi state because it's the only thing keeping him alive. 

anyway, close enough there's no difference.

Edited by elfenix

I felt this way when I watched the NV debate and tonight has only reinforced - if Joe Biden weren't 108 years old he'd be a much more compelling candidate. Should have run in 2016 (I'm honestly not sure if he was noticeably sharper four years ago) - would have cleaned up.

Just now, elfenix said:

oh right there's that one guy in florida who gets weed delivered to him daily from mississippi because it's the only thing keeping him alive. 

anyway, close enough there's no difference.

Shedule 1 controlled substances can be used in research settings, but I think that we would both agree that more research should be conducted and the regulatory barriers should be reduced. 

10 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I know the progressives hate her, but Klobuchar can constantly reference legislation she wrote or was involved with. She’s pretty good at debating, except for that one moment last debate where she lost her cool. She has no shot but I could see Bloomberg picking her for VP

Good observation.  She'd help him with the female vote and the Midwest vote.

I'm a Warren guy but the constant focus on Bloomberg on her is really starting to wear on me. I know she's capable of putting together a good answer on that China question but she decided to take a shot at Bloomberg that was only tangentially related to the question. 

Never really been exposed to Steyer before tonight but I have to say I'm somewhat impressed. He has zero chance but he seems like he'd be a decent President.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I'm a Warren guy but the constant focus on Bloomberg on her is really starting to wear on me. I know she's capable of putting together a good answer on that China question but she decided to take a shot at Bloomberg that was only tangentially related to the question. 

Never really been exposed to Steyer before tonight but I have to say I'm somewhat impressed. He has zero chance but he seems like he'd be a decent President.

I like Warren, too, but she's misread the tea leaves, i.e., tonight isn't a continuation of last week.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s going to be either:

Sanders/Warren
Bloomberg/Klobuchar
Biden/Klobuchar

I'm feeling like Sanders can't stand prosperity and has talked too much the last week.

Klobs with a good point about people in the middle tired of drama.  So, #2 -- Bloomberg/Klobs