2-25 Debate Thread of Transience

bad_teammate

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Bloomberg was so bad last week I thought he could never recover, but he’s done okay tonight so far. With all his money, he has a chance to beat Bernie.

Bloomberg is too experienced and salty to let one bad debate torpedo him.  

Just now, F250 said:

She misreads the tea leaves a lot.

That's my biggest critique of her campaign. Her political instincts, or at least those of her senior staff/advisers, are really bad. And if it's the latter, hers aren't good enough to see the problem. I think she'd be the most effective president in this bunch by a wide margin but it is going to (or, realistically, has already) cost her the nomination.

• Like 2

Biden is going to win SC. If he wasn't visibly in the midst of significant cognitive decline he would probably have generated a significant amount of energy out of this debate and that victory, because his core points were generally pretty good.

That said, the field hasn't done much to inspire and certainly doesn't seem to have done anything to knock Sanders out of his commanding lead. Steyer has had a strong performance and the polls do say he could get some delegates in SC but it is probably too little, too late for him. Bloomberg was better but he is just kind of a twat.

Sanders is going to be the nominee.