Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I don't buy that he doesn't think he can play in the NFL.  I think he has the hubris to think he can, and that's why he probably stays, irrespective of any sense being talked into him by his uncle.

Seriously....if you could play at that level why choose football over baseball?  In one you retire with a sore arm or torn rotator in the other you retire a drooling, jibbering mess.

MLB is a no brainer in his case.  He's never going to sniff the NFL because of his height and he actually has a shot to be a good baseball player.  A regular job or the chance for guaranteed MLB contracts is an easy choice even for someone so stupid they willingly attended both atm and ou.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, gecko said:

Seriously....if you could play at that level why choose football over baseball?  In one you retire with a sore arm or torn rotator in the other you retire a drooling, jibbering mess.

Maybe if you're Earl Campbell and get used as a battering ram 40 times a game. QBs retire from the NFL to go work in broadcast or become inspirational speakers.

Doesn't matter for him because he's 5'7" and will never sniff the NFL.

10 minutes ago, Buster said:

Watched him play in HS. He was a good QB on a very, very good team.

Come on...  He was a fucking great HS QB. 

Allen still has as much talent as they did at the other positions when he played, but less success.  He was the difference-maker.  If you had them down and you gave him a chance, he would win the game. 

15 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I saw the kid at a 7-11 in Allen 5 years ago and i was too slow on the draw with the phone as he was standing at the door on the way out next to the colored ruler used by the staff to guess the height of robbers.   With a close fro and thick hightops he scraped 5'10".  Scraped.  Barely.  I think he's 5'9".

He might even be 5'8 1/2".  The dude is small.  Boykin measured 6' even at the combine and TCU listed him as 6'2" on the roster.  I think Murray is a good 3 inches shorter than Boykin.

15 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I saw the kid at a 7-11 in Allen 5 years ago and i was too slow on the draw with the phone as he was standing at the door on the way out next to the colored ruler used by the staff to guess the height of robbers.   With a close fro and thick hightops he scraped 5'10".  Scraped.  Barely.  I think he's 5'9".

You think they bring ASTM in to place that ruler tape precisely?

3 hours ago, gecko said:

Honestly? Because baseball is the most boring sport on the planet. He obviously doesn't love baseball or he'd already be working through the minors now instead of sitting the football bench at 2 different schools. 

If you don't love playing it you'll absolutely be miserable in the minors. 

• Fuck You 1

Keith Law had him graded as a potential top 10 pick coming out of high school.

This thread makes me think I'm alone in this, but I actually think he's going to be a good college QB, and he's kind of fun to watch.

OU sucks and all, but short QBs have done quite well at this level before.

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Whoever drafts him is not gonna let him play QB at OU.  That's just nuts.

Correct. Football teams are "okay" with players moonlighting as baseball players from time to time but that is a one-way street. The minute he signs a MLB contract they ain't lettin' him put on the pads to play big-boy football no fucking chance in hell.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Correct. Football teams are "okay" with players moonlighting as baseball players from time to time but that is a one-way street. The minute he signs a MLB contract they ain't lettin' him put on the pads to play big-boy football no fucking chance in hell.

Didn't Ricky have a contract?

3 hours ago, Clearlakehorn said:

Honestly? Because baseball is the most boring sport on the planet. He obviously doesn't love baseball or he'd already be working through the minors now instead of sitting the football bench at 2 different schools. 

If you don't love playing it you'll absolutely be miserable in the minors. 

What an idiotic take. Boring to watch? Sure, i'll judge you, but sure. Boring to play at a high level? Get fucked with that non sense. 

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Didn't Ricky have a contract?

Yes.  Ricky Williams was technically a walk-in when he played at Texas.  He signed with the Phillies and that made him ineligible for a scholarship. If memory serves me correctly, the Phillies picked up his college tuition.

if the argument is that it hasn’t happened recently, then that is probably correct.  But it has happened in the past.

On a side note, Ricky (not Baker) was the first walk on to win the Heisman. 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 4:24 PM, maninblack said:

He fucked by not choosing Texas the first time and Charlie fucked up by not taking him from aggy. That said I'd much rather have him putzing around in the minors than at OU regardless of the bravado anyone displays here.

Kyler’s dad made him a non-starter for us, because he makes Brad McCoy look like a free-range parent.