Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

The MLB angle is a bluff. He’s already given back his bonus and stated his intentions are the NFL. He’s not going to hop on a bus in the Cape Cod league to play out his bluff.

If a team not of his liking drafts him and he tries to play the MLB card, what rights does the NFL team have?

59 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

They would just have his NFL rights.  They wouldn't have any recourse against him.  Agree that it's a bluff.  It's not even a bluff as it's just manufactured on message boards.  He's already stated he's focusing on football and isn't reporting to the As and is giving back the signing bonus.  He's not going to crawl back to the As because he doesn't like the team that drafted him months down the line.  Playing for a shitty NFL team is still better than grinding it out in the Cape Cod league, and Murray is far from a ready MLB player.

Not that it really matters but professional baseball players do not play in the Cape Cod League.

• Like 3

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a scenario to consider:

KM, either college or pro, playing in the championship game.  Ball is snapped from the opponents 10 yard line with 2 seconds left on the clock.  With no one to throw to, he scrambles towards the goal line.  Just as he gets to the 6 yard line he realizes that he has 2 LB's and a DB waiting on him.  So does he take the massive hit and try to get into the end zone?  Or does he slide?

Edited by SHOOTER12

39 minutes ago, Eggo said:

This throw on the run vs Alabama was a thing of beauty. I immediately texted my friends and said "Wow." I can't think of many QBs at any level who get the distance, placement, and touch while evading pressure like that. 

Rambo "has got that long stride for a freshman"...

What in the fuck is Herbie talking about?

Do players strides usually get longer and longer with each year that they play college football?

PS- Yes, it was a nice throw with pinpoint accuracy. Horrible defending by the Alabama DBs to just let the guy run a seam route untouched, but a nice throw.

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

They keep his rights for a year, correct? I was thinking that’s what was reported when Eli pulled his stunt.

I think you're correct that NFL teams retain the rights to an unsigned drafted player for only a year..... then the player can re-enter the NFL Draft the following year. Not sure how long MLB (Oakland) gets to keep rights to Kyler.

The NBA in the past has allowed their teams to retain rights longer than a year...... it allowed younger players to start in Europe, then transition into the NBA.  Not sure how NBA handles draft rights now.

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

KM, either college or pro, playing in the championship game.  Ball is snapped from the opponents 10 yard line with 2 seconds left on the clock.  With no one to throw to, he scrambles towards the goal line.  Just as he gets to the 6 yard line he realizes that he has 2 LB's and a DB waiting on him.  So does he take the massive hit and try to get into the end zone?  Or does he slide?

can he run out of bounds, is that an option?

Yeah, no. You got in an argument because you said Murray has an elite ++ arm and will immediately be one of the 5 strongest arms in the NFL. Nothing in that scouting report supports that assertion.
Again, arm strength is the most overrated aspect of a quarterback's ability, but that's what was being discussed. Pure throwing velocity.
Dan Pastorini had the strongest arm evah in the NFL. Unfortunately all his passes were thrown at the same velocity. 60 yarder zinged, 2 yard screen pass zinged at same velocity as 60 yarder.

His wife, June Wilkinson, did have amazing bazooms though.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If he’s getting hit, he’s not getting into the end zone.  

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

If he's already getting hit at the six yard line, he's not scoring.

Yeah, probably was a little unclear on that, shouldn't have used an exact yard line as a reference.

Let's just say they're between him and the winning touchdown, but he will get blasted trying, does he slide to avoid the hit, thus blowing the game for his team?

*My thought is yes he would slide, he's selfish and the pussy would rather take the loss than get blasted.*

Yeah, probably was a little unclear on that, shouldn't have used an exact yard line as a reference.

Let's just say they're between him and the winning touchdown, but he will get blasted trying, does he slide to avoid the hit, thus blowing the game for his team?

*My thought is yes he would slide, he's selfish and the pussy would rather take the loss than get blasted.*

OU sucks and so does Kyler Murray, but the whole chatter about his sliding is sort of dumb. Sam Ehlinger is a beast and I love the way he plays, but it would be nice not to lose our best player to injury for once. (Colt, Ash, Sam..even Shane)

9 minutes ago, Eggo said:

OU sucks and so does Kyler Murray, but the whole chatter about his sliding is sort of dumb. Sam Ehlinger is a beast and I love the way he plays, but it would be nice not to lose our best player to injury for once. (Colt, Ash, Sam..even Shane)

I agree, except I know Sam, or any of those guys would bust ass to score, KM goes into a slide when a shadow crosses the field.

I'll just jump in to... Murray which I just about never do. The guy was fabulous... despite being uniquely small. Hell, his... coming from that tiny frame... was...fun... That may make him fun to watch...
He seems to be quite the dick, and I'm delighted... Even so, if he's a success in the NFL, he'll become a legendary player.

Wow

Peter King, for what it's worth

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/17/kyler-murray-nfl-draft-lincoln-riley-peter-king-fmia/

If I’m Arizona, I’m strongly considering Murray—Josh Rosen and all. If you hire Kliff Kingsbury as coach, and he loves Murray more than Rosen, flip Rosen to a team for a mid to low-first-rounder. I hear the Raiders are fascinated with Murray. If so, could Oakland flip Derek Carr to Jacksonville or Miami or Washington or the Giants and pick Murray—and how bizarre would it be to see Murray playing his home games on the field of the Oakland A’s for one season? If I’m New England, I’m looking long and hard at Murray, for three reasons: Tom Brady will be 42 the next time he takes a snap, the Patriots have enough currency (six picks in the top 101 of this draft, plus next year’s first-rounder) to move into the top 10 if he slips a bit, and Murray could sit and learn while getting physically prepped to be a long-term quarterback.

6 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/17/kyler-murray-nfl-draft-lincoln-riley-peter-king-fmia/

If I’m Arizona, I’m strongly considering Murray—Josh Rosen and all. If you hire Kliff Kingsbury as coach, and he loves Murray more than Rosen, flip Rosen to a team for a mid to low-first-rounder. I hear the Raiders are fascinated with Murray. If so, could Oakland flip Derek Carr to Jacksonville or Miami or Washington or the Giants and pick Murray—and how bizarre would it be to see Murray playing his home games on the field of the Oakland A’s for one season? If I’m New England, I’m looking long and hard at Murray, for three reasons: Tom Brady will be 42 the next time he takes a snap, the Patriots have enough currency (six picks in the top 101 of this draft, plus next year’s first-rounder) to move into the top 10 if he slips a bit, and Murray could sit and learn while getting physically prepped to be a long-term quarterback.

rack_explanation.jpg

• Like 1

Will be fun to watch.
What I find interesting on this thread is that if he'd transferred to UT instead of OU (or come here originally) we'd be talking about how great he is and what a good pro QB he will be.  Much like Mayfield last year -- if he'd been OUR douchebag QB we'd all have loved him....

I haven’t loved every player that has played at UT, douchebags who act like Mayfield and Murray would embarrass me. I never liked Clemons because he is an asshole. I wanted him to win but never loved the guy. Some of the things Hagar did made me cringe but he doesn’t approach the Doug bag level of Mayfield and Murray

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/oklahoma-sooners/article226461900.html

“If you’ve watched football, we kind of run similar offenses,” Murray said. “I don’t think it would be a big adjustment. He’s going to play fast. He’s going to play in shotgun. He’ll throw the ball around. He’s going to put you in space. Me and him have a good relationship so I think he’d let me be me and allow me to do what I do. I think it would be a great thing.”

On 2/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, Message Board User said:

yup still hate Peter King

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, Message Board User said:

I'm ready for the camp photos of Brady and Murray side-by-side. 

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

LOL, everyone should consult Stephen A...then say whatever the fuck the opposite he is saying.  Say what you will, but love him or hate him, Kyler will be entertaining to watch.  I thought Baker would be pretty good...I just don't see it with Kyler but I also didn't see him breaking Baker's records.  Anyways, fuck Stephen A. 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:06 AM, RomaVicta said:

He seems to be quite the dick, and I'm delighted that one of the two losses he has a lifetime starter is to Texas. Even so, if he's a success in the NFL, he'll become a legendary player. 

Point of Order: That bitch was stupid enough to choose to go to Aggie first and had a few losses there.