Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local sports radio here in Phoenix-metro is refreshingly not terrible.
The consensus seems to be that, while acknowledging the Kingsbury/Murray deal is a huge experiment and could blow up spectacularly, Murray is gonna put a jolt in the fan base and will likely succeed in the NFL.  
Personally, I'm hoping Kingsbury wrecks shop and changes the way the game is played throughout the league.  As long as I've been watching football, innovation tends to happen at the collegiate level and then eventually makes its way up to the pro's.  I swear, the NFL makes Ronald Reagan look like a utopia-hyping progressive, they're so damned paralyzed by conservative mindset.
Whether he can accomplish that with Murray is intriguing.  He's supremely talented, but he's significantly shorter than 5-10 and he doesn't have leadership/alpha personality that a guy like Mayfield has.
Whatever, it'll be fun to watch.

He’s significantly shorter than 5-10 but measured at the combine at 5-10?

8 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

He’s significantly shorter than 5-10 but measured at the combine at 5-10?

Nine cans of hairspray on three inches of hair - Hulk couldn't have pushed the bar all the way down to the head. Yep, looks like 5'10" to me, maybe a hair over.

13 hours ago, Augustus said:

Local sports radio here in Phoenix-metro is refreshingly not terrible.

The consensus seems to be that, while acknowledging the Kingsbury/Murray deal is a huge experiment and could blow up spectacularly, Murray is gonna put a jolt in the fan base and will likely succeed in the NFL.  

Personally, I'm hoping Kingsbury wrecks shop and changes the way the game is played throughout the league.  As long as I've been watching football, innovation tends to happen at the collegiate level and then eventually makes its way up to the pro's.  I swear, the NFL makes Ronald Reagan look like a utopia-hyping progressive, they're so damned paralyzed by conservative mindset.

Whether he can accomplish that with Murray is intriguing.  He's supremely talented, but he's significantly shorter than 5-10 and he doesn't have leadership/alpha personality that a guy like Mayfield has.

Whatever, it'll be fun to watch.

Little bitches come in all manor of stripes and colors.

People talk about KK and KM "changing the NFL" and I scratch my head.  I think it's one of those things that sounds good to say but when you think about it what exactly is going to change big picture?  The NFL already has offenses that light up the scoreboard like a pinball machine, use lots of the same concepts that exist in college, rely on the QB to pass them to wins, etc etc.  Now i am sure there may little wrinkles here and there that KK and KM might bring to the game but can somebody tell me from a results standpoint the seismic shift they expect?  

This ain't a Don Coryell arrives on the scene moment....

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Domedriver said:

Didn’t know they made cleats that small!

Well... technically, they aren't "cleats" at all. If you enhance enhance enhance a photo showing the bottom, you'll see the words "With Thousands of Tiny Pleasure Dots",  right under "Made in China".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

True story: I know a guy named Cox who married a gal named Dicks. She thought about hyphenating, but finally went with just Cox because she was tired of Dicks.

True story: when I was in high school I met a girl whose last name was Cox. Her parents named her Dreama. She showed me her driver's license. I don't know what they were thinking. 

She was hot, too. Unfortunately, I wasn't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Damn, my corns be killin' me...

". . . and somethin' or other looked like little Lebanese tennis shoes on his feet, you know, with one toe and the rest of the other toes encased, and then two places cut out where his corns hurt his feet. Weird, strange lookin' little dude. Then he say, "Hey," he said, "Is you gonna' be here when John gets here?" 

Exactly. He stood as close to the camera as he possibly could to look as tall as he possibly could. What a coincidence he's the only guy who had his helmet and therefore needed to put it in the bleacher seat so he had to stand closer to the camera. He should have just worn 3" heels.

Everyone with a brain knows he's not 5'10". 5'8" has always been the most reasonable estimate. He should just own it.

Edited by Huckleberry

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

First throw was off the back foot and largely luck that he got it out in front of the LB to his man; If I'm an AZ fan I'm worried about that throwing mentality, but gunslingers gonna gunsling I guess. The last throw was really damn nice, dime down the sideline. Props for that one. In balance, in rhythm, on target and on time.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:35 PM, capnamerca said:

First throw was off the back foot and largely luck that he got it out in front of the LB to his man; If I'm an AZ fan I'm worried about that throwing mentality, but gunslingers gonna gunsling I guess. The last throw was really damn nice, dime down the sideline. Props for that one. In balance, in rhythm, on target and on time.

WE probably said the same about a bunch of Mahomes throws early last year too.

Let's face it, the dude can play. He throws and runs his ass off.  I'm still concerned(or not really) about his size, and when he finally takes a big hit he could be done.  But until he does, he'll probably be pretty good...provided he can see over the DL.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Drew said:

WE probably said the same about a bunch of Mahomes throws early last year too.

Let's face it, the dude can play. He throws and runs his ass off.  I'm still concerned(or not really) about his size, and when he finally takes a big hit he could be done.  But until he does, he'll probably be pretty good...provided he can see over the DL.

Totally agree with this entire post. He and Mayfield seem to be jackass peas in a pod, but I can't deny the talent.

• Like 2

On 7/28/2019 at 12:35 PM, capnamerca said:

He also would have been blown up by the DL. They can't protect him but it'll be interesting to see how a DL can hit him without a flag being thrown, he is a small target and you can't hit a qb low or high.

He also would have been blown up by the DL. They can't protect him but it'll be interesting to see how a DL can hit him without a flag being thrown, he is a small target and you can't hit a qb low or high.

I don’t know if he would have been blown up by the dL because he’s got a knack for getting out of that, but he wasn’t going to get to stand there for that pass.

Now analyze him if he played for texas.
  • Like 1

Colt McCoy and Robert Griffin both nearly had their careers ended by huge hits. Both are pretty elusive and much bigger than Kyler Murray. 
Good point. I can't recall KM getting rocked a bunch of times though. He seems to pass and miss the big hits, ducks down and take the L, or runs out of bounds.