7 dead in mass shooting at Coors in Milwaukee

Gil Bang

Seven people including the gunman have reportedly been killed in a shooting at the MillerCoors campus in Milwaukee. 

Police responded to the business, which is now owned by the Molson Coors Brewing Company, on Wednesday afternoon following reports of an active shooter. 

Law enforcement sources have told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that at least seven people are dead.

The gunman was an employee who had been fired earlier in the day but returned with a silencer gun and opened fire, police sources told CBS2. The disgruntled employee is believed to have stolen another worker's pass to regain access.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8048619/Police-respond-active-shooting-MillerCoors-Milwaukee.html

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Wait..... there's a Coors brewery in Milwaukee?

37 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It’s MillerCoors, they’re dating now 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well miller and coors are MillerCoors now so...

shit must not have refreshed 

It's MolsonCoors. Miller is just a division now. 

• Like 1

I've hated some motherfuckers at work, but it's never been 7 motherfuckers...

I guess when you feel like you have nothing to live for, it doesn't matter who you shoot.  It's one of the things I think of a lot with my wife's job in the schools.  All it takes is one unhinged fuckstick thinking nobody is on their side and they change my life forever.

Fuck all that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Apparently was a guy that got fired earlier today.   

This is the essence of why this shouldn't go CR- because everybody everywhere, particularly on the electronic mass media, immediately goes to the same tired analyses of gun laws and the usual suspects.

The issue, to me, is why do these Americans feel the need to commit suicide and include other people?

W.T.F? Explain the anticipated satisfaction of blasting a co-worker or even a dickhead boss as prelude to your own death. What is the seed for this?

Guns are an issue, but I mainly worry about how this virus of mass killing followed by suicide (either self-inflicted or by cop) got unleashed. It seems to be particularly American although not exclusively American. How does mass murder become an individual statement? Where does this come from? I'm truly baffled. 

Until we explore beyond the facile, we'll never have a clue. We are a particularly violent society. Let's maybe take a look at that without the same-same platitudes and stances. 

I doubt anybody on the political spectrum is comfortable with this seemingly very American phenomenon.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

A silencer gun huh? Fuck the media 

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

No shit.  Wtf

6 hours ago, Lat22 said:

Better to be first than correct.

Who gives a shit if the gun nomenclature is wrong or there was a typo (silencer instead of silenced)?

OMG, they don't know guns! They don't know anything! There's a kind of sickness in that, too, frankly.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I doubt anybody on the political spectrum is comfortable with this seemingly very American phenomenon.

Not sure about "this seemingly very American phenomenon."  Didn't independently research this Wikipedia page, but it looks to me like somewhat of a worldwide phenomenon.  YMMV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers_(workplace_killings)

you know what i don't get? all of the people in these threads who "don't get" what's going on in the head of these deranged mass murderers. "why does he have to take out seven more people? what's going through his head? doesn't he realize what a pathetic cliche he is?" what, exactly, about someone being fucked in the head is hard for you to understand? anyone who gets fired and then goes on a killing spree is clearly and totally fucked between the ears. what's not to understand? 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

you know what i don't get? all of the people in these threads who "don't get" why this deranged mass murderer did what he did. "why does he have to take out seven more people? what's going through his head? doesn't he realize what a pathetic cliche he is?" what, exactly, about someone being fucked in the head is hard for you to understand? anyone who gets fired and then goes on a killing spree is clearly and totally fucked between the ears. what's not to understand?

This. Never got that response at all.

Most fascinating episode of season 1 of “I am a killer” on Netflix is the episode where they interviewed the guy that killed 3 people in Laredo with an axe. He says he felt happy after the murders, because by killing he appeased the devil, and now the devil would protect him and he would never die. He says, “whether or not that makes sense to anyone else, it didn’t matter. It made sense to me”. 

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This. Never got that response at all.

Most fascinating episode of season 1 of “I am a killer” on Netflix is the episode where they interviewed the guy that killed 3 people in Laredo with an axe. He says he felt happy after the murders, because by killing he appeased the devil, and now the devil would protect him and he would never die. He says, “whether or not that makes sense to anyone else, it didn’t matter. It made sense to me”. 

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

you know what i don't get? all of the people in these threads who "don't get" what's going on in the head of these deranged mass murderers. "why does he have to take out seven more people? what's going through his head? doesn't he realize what a pathetic cliche he is?" what, exactly, about someone being fucked in the head is hard for you to understand? anyone who gets fired and then goes on a killing spree is clearly and totally fucked between the ears. what's not to understand? 

Were they born fucked in the head?  If so, why is their number increasing?  If they weren’t born fucked in the head, what made them so?

There is a bad trend going on and to hope to reverse it you have to understand it.

Focusing on guns pro or con inhibits that understanding.

• Like 1