The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

30 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

Yeah. I have a soft spot for the 993 and natural aspiration.  I realize there are better performing examples available. I am just partial to the “S” version especially with the 993. The fact that they continue to escalate in price also indicates the market values them as well.  

Not your style but I’ve got 770 naturally aspirated hp on the boat over now.  Ha

• Like 1

He certainly wasn't. 

It was taken after a fairly long walk punctuated by minor tantrums. 

Furthermore, it's a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT wagon in Brilliant Silver Metallic. He arrived at the race in a 2007 Subaru Legacy GT wagon in Brilliant Silver Metallic, and didn't see the point in photographing the kissing cousin of my car. 

• Like 1

We moved into a new place about three months ago and are getting to know the neighbors. At a July 4th party I asked one guy what he does for a living and he told me he makes Youtube videos. Turns out my neighbor is the current Cannonball Run world record holder. Super nice guy. 

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

We moved into a new place about three months ago and are getting to know the neighbors. At a July 4th party I asked one guy what he does for a living and he told me he makes Youtube videos. Turns out my neighbor is the current Cannonball Run world record holder. Super nice guy. 

Well ... what does he drive?  

6 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Please provide further details at your leisure. 

I'd really like to have taken a poke at that. I've done some impressive Miami to Chicago drives (and vice versa) but haven't had the opportunity for the full Red Ball Garage to Portofino Inn jaunt. I'm a little too old (and have a kid now) so I doubt I'll ever take a legitimate shot, but I think I could have been in the conversation with just a little more money and free time in my youth... 

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

You live next to Ed?  That's funny.   And your new house must be nice.   I've seen his on his channel. 

You live next to Ed?  That's funny.   And your new house must be nice.   I've seen his on his channel. 

He’s a couple houses away from me. His is unusual, it’s the original house that was back here before the rest of the neighborhood was built so it has a really long gated driveway and about a four acre lot. The rest of the houses don’t have six car garages either.

I need to get to know him better so I can check out the cars.
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 11:41 PM, G650 said:

Dude

we pretty much decided to move to norheim, and import fees and taxes to bring my car in is literally more than twice its value.  whereas they figuratively hand out free teslas at the port of entry. 

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

He’s a couple houses away from me. His is unusual, it’s the original house that was back here before the rest of the neighborhood was built so it has a really long gated driveway and about a four acre lot. The rest of the houses don’t have six car garages either.

I need to get to know him better so I can check out the cars.

You need to get a ride in the Scuderia or the Lambo.

46 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

we pretty much decided to move to norheim, and import fees and taxes to bring my car in is literally more than twice its value.  whereas they figuratively hand out free teslas at the port of entry. 

New job?

17 minutes ago, G650 said:

New job?

*half ...more than half its value.  25% in vat and similar % in fees.  we'll be doing slightly different work.  im reluctant to leave but boss man dangled a small carrot and im greedy at heart

55 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Finally got it.  ALA system is legit.  Color doesn’t show in pics as well.  Perfect for Miami.  Can’t wait to put some miles on it then track it!

How fast do you have to be going to actually feel the effects of the ALA?

13 hours ago, Assman said:

How fast do you have to be going to actually feel the effects of the ALA?

Really depends on the turn too.  But there’s a notorious sharp curve on lake shore drive.  That’s where I noticed a huge difference.  On the old one you did a traditional brake and came out of it back on the gas after you’re pretty much out of the turn.  On this one you feel it stick and allow you to punch the gas almost in the middle of the turn when you enter the right speed.  Hard to explain the feeling but it’s impressive.  

Oh and speed wise maybe 70-100 through the entire S on this part of the drive.  Was 4am and pretty much open for a few good runs.  

Great video Lambo made on ALA:

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, G650 said:

I thought you were getting a Singer?

I’m in line - after I said Olson here in Chicago could build one on a much faster timeline, they moved me up in line miraculously.  Truth is you need to put in LOT of time to build these.  But I’m still on it.  

• Like 3