The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

I think the Tesla fanboys probably expected it. But Porsche had always been conservative with their performance figures. No surprise they outperformed again.
I love Tesla - absolutely love it - but I never would expect Tesla to out perform Porsche in an apples to apples comparison (i.e. electric vs electric). I do enjoy some of the Silicon Valley configurations Tesla brings but as soon as I can afford a Taycan I’m on it - and for me that means waiting for a used one. But getting one when it’s obtainable for me is not even a question.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 11:31 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

Taycan, I’m drooling   Sorry for all my shit talking on electric cars, so...This is a long shot but if anyone can hop me in line for the Taycan happy to pay 5k+.  Wife finally wants a car I actually love.  I am putting out an APB.  TIA

Did you see the picture of the green one in the November 2019 issue of Panorama? It was stunning.

https://www.pca.org/panorama/edition/panorama-november-2019

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Wife’s failed experiment with the Range Rover (as expected) is over. Just put her in a GLS63. Have to say, I enjoy driving the hell out of that mommy wagon. It sounds mean as hell. 

It’s almost always going to fail in that and a G Wagon. And, love the 63 motor.  

• Like 1

Went to the car show in town yesterday. The new Corvette was there. I think it looks better in person than in pictures. I still don't like the rising button ridge on the center console.

The Lincoln Continental with the suicide doors was there. It's cool.

I am still amazed at how expensive trucks have become. Also, I looked at the new Ranger and the dimensions of that are pretty close to those of my 1994 F-150. Some of the trucks were so damn big. I've had three F-150s and I'm pretty solid as far as they go but the Rams sure looked nice, especially the interiors.

The Genesis G90 is really nice.