The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

9 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Saw a Bentley SUV headed E on 290 in Oak Hill yesterday - had a hitch rack with 2 YETI coolers out back.

Seems to me kinda "I have a Bentley & you don't" sorta thing, but to each their own desires. If you've got it, spend it I guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The Bentley and Lambo SUVs are really head scratchers. Just making an SUV to say you did. The Rolls is a pretty good performer apparently and the DBX is going to be a hyper rally car, but some of these things are just straight status symbols.

Saw a Bentley SUV headed E on 290 in Oak Hill yesterday - had a hitch rack with 2 YETI coolers out back.

Seems to me kinda "I have a Bentley & you don't" sorta thing, but to each their own desires. If you've got it, spend it I guess.

Did they have a Yeti sticker though?

11 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Saw one the other day and I was full on WTF?   It looks terrible.  I *think* the guy had factory rims but man oh man did it look a bit like a Donk.  So many cool beautiful Bentleys... I can't imagine walking in and picking that shameful shit.

8f8b626a79590a64980096a83eb6fdf4.jpg

lulz the wheels were stock.......

Was having coffee this am at a  cafe with the wife....   cleanish, but not pristine Battleship Grey Defender rolls up...  slight lift (shocks), slightly larger rubber, and topless.  Damned!

Kinda like this one, but with the whole top off and with a definite used but not abused vibe

land-rover-defender-90-nardo-grey-by-coo

Edited by Loco
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

Some? All Bentley's are just status symbols. And they make SUV versions because they sell. 

27 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Some?

Yes they are all status symbols, but not all purely status symbols. The Continental GT is a wicked drive.

26 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

That’s true. But they are also ridiculous.

I mean, I hate the Cayenne as much as the next guy, but they aren't ridiculous. It's one of basically 4 current (soon to be 5) options for someone that wants performance off and on road.

• Like 1

I mean, I hate the Cayenne as much as the next guy, but they aren't ridiculous. It's one of basically 4 current (soon to be 5) options for someone that wants performance off and on road.

Fair point, but the percentage of Cayennes ever taken off road is akin to the percentage of King Ranch edition F-250s that will ever see an actual ranch.
  • Like 1

I'm not denying it's an edge case, I've said several times I'm probably one of maybe 6 X5M owners that actually use their vehicle for what it was designed for, but these SUVs do have a function.

The Bentley however I see no use for whatsoever. And don't get me started on King Ranch Fords. Jfc.

Related, I am 100% sure if I ever get a Rolls I will never sit in the front seat, because it's a fucking Rolls man.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2019 at 10:06 AM, Loco said:

Was having coffee this am at a  cafe with the wife....   cleanish, but not pristine Battleship Grey Defender rolls up...  slight lift (shocks), slightly larger rubber, and topless.  Damned!

Kinda like this one, but with the whole top off and with a definite used but not abused vibe

land-rover-defender-90-nardo-grey-by-coo

Posted in the truck thread, but I’m kinda liking the new 90 that is coming out. The 110 looks like the LR4, but the 90 actually pays some justice to the original namesake especially when looking at the other reboots lately.

As far as the high end SUV run right now, why wouldn’t they try it? They are all chasing Porsche’s success although doing it at a higher price point and lower volume. Guys with a Lamborghini in the garage typically have multiple vehicles, so they may as well pick up a Urus now for those days when they need to seat 3-4. None of them are looking for an off road vehicle, they just may need something more “practical”.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Why not pick up the Q8? Isn’t it basically the Urus?

Ummm, because it doesn’t say Lamborghini on it. My wife really wanted the Q8 when she looked at them this summer. With 2 kids, a dog, and several 2000 mile road trips a year an Expedition won out for practicality. However, when the oldest turns 16 in two years, I’m sure she will look again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brew said:

Posted in the truck thread, but I’m kinda liking the new 90 that is coming out. The 110 looks like the LR4, but the 90 actually pays some justice to the original namesake especially when looking at the other reboots lately.

As far as the high end SUV run right now, why wouldn’t they try it? They are all chasing Porsche’s success although doing it at a higher price point and lower volume. Guys with a Lamborghini in the garage typically have multiple vehicles, so they may as well pick up a Urus now for those days when they need to seat 3-4. None of them are looking for an off road vehicle, they just may need something more “practical”.

Unless the top comes off it's just another luxury mid size suv. Looks a lot like a ford Edge to me.  Hard pass

2020-Land-Rover-Defender-Reveal-2019-Fra

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 12:38 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

Wife can’t decide AMG GTR vs this now.  Wants to haul her parents around when they visit the states.  

Nothing says elderly transport quite like Red tire lettering.  How fast do they need to get to bingo anyways?

9 minutes ago, G650 said:

I have to confess I don't even know what the Galleria is.

Yeah, that's part of the joke the OP didn't intend but was funny to me.  The Va Beach Galleria  ... lulz

Anyway none of the pics you posted strike me as particularly "off road" but it's better than an oyster shell parking lot outside of some bbq place in OBX

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 11/29/2019 at 10:38 PM, ChiTownDoc said:
Wife can’t decide AMG GTR vs this now.  Wants to haul her parents around when they visit the states.  

You're not sharing the Maybach when they visit?

I’m out all day at work / meetings.  Sadly no sharing whatever I’m being driven around in.  

I’m trying to convince her GTR still...

3 hours ago, G650 said:

Lol. Uh, ok. Feel free to drive your 911 here.

20190313-095447.jpg

BRO!... Bro...  bro

wjam7l3kg2s01.jpg

Actually any model AWD including Foresters & CRVs would do fine (although I know the pics flatten things).   But I'm too redneck for that, I put 33's on the FJ40 and 35's on the tundra ... that shit would be my playground!  Don't need a Bentley to cross a mud puddle.   I have been on record as a x5m fan...  but lets not pretend it's a design built off-road machine.

As for the Galleria comment...  my dad is still pissed VB doesn't have a PF Chang's.

3 hours ago, G650 said:

Yeah, that's the way back machine man. An 80s VB icon.

When I watched Stranger things I flashed back to the Lynnhaven mall.  To be fair haven't seen that place in 20+yrs.   Last time I was there I sneaked into Ghostbusters.

5 minutes ago, G650 said:

We've had one for 15 years man

Holy shit just googled....  It's over by greasy greeks!   He's going to lose his shit! Have no idea how he missed this...  it's the first thing he wants when he flies down.   +reps to you

• Like 1