The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

39 minutes ago, iamthepush said:

What's up everyone? Took me a while to get here. A car we recently had this 86 Vette in the shop.

Guy from gym that has the huracan performante, recently took delivery of a 2018 RR Phantom. He's also ordered a 488 Pista.2d94f572942cb0e8671925ff23f95479.jpgb32a5cb71fd842012307071302ff7cf2.jpg

Shouldn't a guy like that have his own gym?

I'm not surly 1% so I can't hang with the six-figure imports in this thread. But I did scrape together enough to buy this future ticket magnet. It's almost cruel having to drive this in logjam Austin traffic. Now is where you point and laugh because  it has the base 235-width, all-season tires and base suspension. (Rides good though.)

18_mustang.jpg

18_mustang2.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paper_jam said:

I'm not surly 1% so I can't hang with the six-figure imports in this thread. But I did scrape together enough to buy this future ticket magnet. It's almost cruel having to drive this in logjam Austin traffic. Now is where you point and laugh because  it has the base 235-width, all-season tires and base suspension. (Rides good though.)

18_mustang.jpg

18_mustang2.jpg

scraping so hard you have a phone from 2001?  that's dedication.

On 6/22/2018 at 10:54 AM, iamthepush said:

What's up everyone? Took me a while to get here. A car we recently had this 86 Vette in the shop.

Guy from gym that has the huracan performante, recently took delivery of a 2018 RR Phantom. He's also ordered a 488 Pista.2d94f572942cb0e8671925ff23f95479.jpgb32a5cb71fd842012307071302ff7cf2.jpg

What's with the street tires?

I asked the Lotus's owner whether the reputation for high operating costs was exaggerated, and he sighed, like it was the first thing that every car guy asked him. He gave a noncommittal answer about how he does most of the work himself, and that it needed a new clutch when he first got it. 

That car had the tiniest, most cramped cockpit I've seen in a while. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Anyone run a Tacoma 2x cab?  Probably gonna get one for my pops, but have no idea what to look for or spec.  

I can look at the trim sheet online between SR/TRD/LTD but which of these are actually worthwhile in actual use.  16" ? 17" ? 18"?

He's not hauling a boat or trailer so will never exceed the payload.  I'm thinking short bed is adequate for the occasional home depot run.  Automatic for sure.  Probably whatever safety parking sensors and etc since dude is getting old and never owned a big ass truck.  Toyota infotainment don't look too good so maybe not worth to go for premium upgrade.  

Basically it will be an on-road city card with occasional transport duties to work on house projects.

I have a 2011 Base 4x4, so none of the frills, its a truck. Love this thing, its damn near bulletproof, and takes me some awesome places.

3rd gens have had some issues with tranny and how it shifts. Apparently they have released some updates, and folks have seemed happier with it, but the one time I have driven one, I was not the biggest fan. I'd try and find a gently used 2nd gen, with the bulletproof 4.0.

Either way, its a Toyota truck.

Go check on the truck nuts thread for more info I'd imagine.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/sold-to-seoul-hyundai-reportedly-in-talks-to-buy-fiat-chrysler

Hyundai is reportedly seeking to buy all of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles in a potential deal that could see the Italian-American automaker sold before CEO Sergio Marchionne retires next year.

According to unnamed sources speaking to the Asia Times, Hyundai is waiting for FCA shares to drop before “launching a takeover bid” starting this summer. The Asia Times also reports that activist hedge fund Elliott Management, which has more than $1 billion invested in Hyundai Motor Company, Kia Motors, and Hyundai’s parts division Mobis, is spurring the deal. In April, Elliott president Paul Singer pressured Hyundai to merge with Mobis and demanded it pay investors more than $10 billion in “excess cash.” Bloomberg reported in December 2017 that FCA and Hyundai began talks to co-develop hydrogen fuel-cell powertrains and transmissions. However, while Marchionne then said he saw the “potential of a technical partnership with Hyundai,” he dismissed talk of a merger of the two automakers.

Finally got around to a good detailing only to park in the garage while it's expected to rain for the next several days.  

Just about the one year anniversary of taking delivery in Austin last summer with my dad and son for a guys trip.  Same weekend Speith won the British Open - serendipitous timing.

nffhwk.jpg

• Like 7

On 7/3/2018 at 9:27 PM, brown water said:

Finally got around to a good detailing only to park in the garage while it's expected to rain for the next several days.  

Just about the one year anniversary of taking delivery in Austin last summer with my dad and son for a guys trip.  Same weekend Speith won the British Open - serendipitous timing.

nffhwk.jpg

That’s a beauty for sure. Love that model. 

On 6/22/2018 at 11:48 PM, elfenix said:

chevy's new (not actually a) blazer.  looks like an rx350 and a murano had a third trimester abortion.

19CHBL35000a.jpg&client=a1acac3e1b329091

2019-chevrolet-blazer-004-1.jpg

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/06/21/2019-chevy-blazer-official-info-pictures-346423423aewe64w/

I read a very angry motor trend article about the blazer. Gist is Ford is bringing back the bronco, jeep wranglers sell like crazy, Toyota selling 10yr old tech 4runners like hot cakes, so what does chevy do?

a super lame soccer mom mobile crossover.

unbelievable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

I read a very angry motor trend article about the blazer. Gist is Ford is bringing back the bronco, jeep wranglers sell like crazy, Toyota selling 10yr old tech 4runners like hot cakes, so what does chevy do?

unbelievable.

Sums it up well.

unbelievable.

Got a link? I cant find that article.

My 2004 svt cobra torch red.  Major mods are a 2.3 whipple, fuel system, RXT twin disk clutch, runs 93 octane at 17psi or E85 at 22psi.  The motor is factory original.  Rims are polished bare aluminum CCW sp500 18x9.5 up front and 18x11 out rear.  

DSC_2377.JPG

IMG_0227.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

DSC01215.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...