Houston flood thread of dominance 2020

Captainant

I didn't see a thread for it yet, but apparently Houston is so good at flooding, we do it even when it isn't raining.1015012855_ScreenShot2020-02-27at1_32_56PM.thumb.png.5c759078d8fe254a905020471e723c8b.png

Apparently a 96" water main broke on the east side of 610 and things are thoroughly fucked. Medical center lost water, UH shut down for the day, Downtown and Midtown lost water. Local news just reported that apparently the main is now sucking in water from the channel and houses are starting to flood, etc. Good times.

Local news stream on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-27VmY6i64

Local news article: https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/flooding-on-east-loop/285-319d995a-47fb-4689-aeca-9f91e9fd1f2c

• Like 2

I'm also in the medical center right now and they are considering closing our building.  Problem for me is I have two candidates for a job I'm interviewing this afternoon, and I'm flying back home tonight.  Trying to figure out an alternate location to have them meet me.

Any suggestions from you Houston locals?

4 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

i'm in medical center right now, they're closing my office down now. not sure if we will be open tomorrow, all dependent on when this shit gets fixed. may be a "work from home" day tomorrow. 

how do you work from home? you have to clean your own bedpans?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Maybe it will drown the coronavirus.

Nothing drowns the coronavirus. I read right here on this board that it is high time for me to stock up on supplies, weaponry, ammo, rations, and penicillin because we are probably all going to die, and no amount of ship channel water can save us. My hope is that you and SydneyCarton are the first among us to go, in any event.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

I'm also in the medical center right now and they are considering closing our building.  Problem for me is I have two candidates for a job I'm interviewing this afternoon, and I'm flying back home tonight.  Trying to figure out an alternate location to have them meet me.

Perry's in the Woodlands?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

Do your interview like Training Day.

Drive around, drink beers and have the interviewees smoke PCP.

Whoever is willing to rob a crack dealer after all that gets the job.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Nothing drowns the coronavirus. I read right here on this board that it is high time for me to stock up on supplies, weaponry, ammo, rations, and penicillin because we are probably all going to die, and no amount of ship channel water can save us. My hope is that you and SydneyCarton are the first among us to go, in any event.

I cannot be destroyed.

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

Somewhere Ed Emmitt is sipping his coffee laughing this morning.  After he boiled the water of course.

Yeah, I read Lina and Turner went out there themselves and wereseen with a jackhammer and a pick axe right before the pipe burst.  The city contractor who fucked up is just a cover up.

The pipe was 35 years old.  It would have happened under Emmitt and Buzbee. 

• Like 2

Somewhere Ed Emmitt is sipping his coffee laughing this morning.  After he boiled the water of course.
Yeah, I read Lina and Turner went out there themselves and wereseen with a jackhammer and a pick axe right before the pipe burst.  The city contractor who fucked up is just a cover up.
The pipe was 35 years old.  It would have happened under Emmitt and Buzbee. 

Idk who Ed Emmitt is, but he's probably not as qualified as Ed Emmett.

Apparently, if you don't have any bottled water for the next 24 hours, and you live/work inside the Beltway, you're screwed.  Media is almost saying if you touch the water from your tap now, you'll die. 

If you ever tasted Houston water before the water main break, we already knew that....