Houston flood thread of dominance 2020

Captainant

Who the fuck drinks Houston tap water anyway.  I busted my ass the last two days helping my son study for his math test today.  I get up today and find out that there's no school because of the boil water notice.  Fuck that, there's not a single person in the whole district that would have been affected by the boil water notice.  This is worse than when they close the schools because of one snowflake.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

Per Turner’s press conference, seems like the boil notice will be lifted tomorrow (Saturday) morning. They took samples this morning but they have to sit on them for 18 hours before submission to TCEQ. The city’s own samples have been coming back clear.

One thing that’s not been made very clear is when exactly it’s safe to use the water after the notice is lifted. Are we supposed to run the faucets for a while and discard the first few batches of ice, etc?

38 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Per Turner’s press conference, seems like the boil notice will be lifted tomorrow (Saturday) morning. They took samples this morning but they have to sit on them for 18 hours before submission to TCEQ. The city’s own samples have been coming back clear.

One thing that’s not been made very clear is when exactly it’s safe to use the water after the notice is lifted. Are we supposed to run the faucets for a while and discard the first few batches of ice, etc?

I've heard between 5 to 15 minutes for each faucet, including the shower...both hot and cold.  Also run the washer a couple times...