Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

2 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Anyone hit a G yet?

Trying to get me some Laga before the weekend, or at least an Ardbeg 

Im @ almost 10g on BYND and UAVS

got lucky...but I will not do this shit after the quarantine...repeat....I will not do this shit after quarantine

34 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

lol DIS

Yeah, I've been long that one.  I think that all of your reasoning makes sense, shit doesn't make sense right now.  I don't really have a thesis on DIS other than it was cheap and I stashed it away in an IRA and would be fine sitting on it for as long as it takes. 

17 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

got lucky...but I will not do this shit after the quarantine...repeat....I will not do this shit after quarantine

I'm at $20g on XOM.

I'm down $5g on SOXS and closed out for a $1.5g loss on an ill-advised BKR short.

Overall can't complain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

This man knows how to #stonk.

Well done, good man.  Well done.

15 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

I'm an addict to the highest degree on this shit. I may have to have the wife change the login info, but I definitely wont tell her about my secret WeBull account.

Can you spare a bottle of Lagavulin for your poor non-profit employed friend RCRanger03? 

$RCRanger03 (cash app) or @RCRanger03 (venmo) if anyone is feeling generous with their earnings

More picks coming tomorrow morning regardless I've got some doozies loaded up when all my remaining capital frees up from my lol

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'm an addict to the highest degree on this shit. I may have to have the wife change the login info, but I definitely wont tell her about my secret WeBull account.

Can you spare a bottle of Lagavulin for your poor non-profit employed friend RCRanger03? 

$RCRanger03 (cash app) or @RCRanger03 (venmo) if anyone is feeling generous with their earnings

More picks coming tomorrow morning regardless I've got some doozies loaded up when all my remaining capital frees up from my lol

Just sent you some love as this board is what inspired me to play during quarantine.

Hook 'em and best of luck in your trading.

1 minute ago, Tailgate said:

Just sent you some love as this board is what inspired me to play during quarantine.

Hook 'em and best of luck in your trading.

What a guy! Drunk RC has loose lips, watch your feed tonight. Sober picks in the morning. We will see if they match up haha 

• Like 1

If I can get the timing down, this would go from fun to...well even more fun I guess.   Probably shouldn’t do this but I figured out what I left on the table today.  Still learning those lessons, expensive as they may be. Right now it’s timing.  I got out of both of this weeks pure gambles at  >30%. Pigs fat, hogs slaughtered isn’t making me feel any better.   Congrats to you guys that are slamming it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

If I can get the timing down, this would go from fun to...well even more fun I guess.   Probably shouldn’t do this but I figured out what I left on the table today.  Still learning those lessons, expensive as they may be. Right now it’s timing.  I got out of both of this weeks pure gambles at  >30%. Pigs fat, hogs slaughtered isn’t making me feel any better.   Congrats to you guys that are slamming it. 

Here are some guidelines that help with this type of gambling.
It is gambling, as much as it is investing, if you are looking for a quick profit.
Remember the bolded part, never go in trying to maximize - go in looking to make a profit.
Nobody ever went broke taking their gains. 
Never forget your losses; wins are exciting and memorable - but the long game is about batting average just home runs

What helps, at least in my playbook, is to set some selling points (limit orders) that take interim gains and reduces money left on the table. 
Limiting your losses helps in the long run, both by not riding things down, but also because you don't hold long term and tie up investable cash.
If you are looking a flip (pump and dumps, whatever you want to call them) opportunities, set an initial time limit - like earnings report dates, or pressers.

I welcome others to give any of their rules, guidelines, #stonk tips

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I'm a fan of the stairstep, pull the investment then lock in gains, and buy/sell on the dips and peaks.

There is a reason I play pennies haha, I'm not swinging a big account. I do have a few longs in GOOGL, MSFT, DIS, and MCD that I've accumlated over the years which I don't touch. EVER

Thanks for the support, see yall tomorrow

Also for those who are using robinhood, might I suggest moving to WeBull and start trading premarket with me. Thats how im getting in early enough to cover my ass AND turn profits with my little buy ins

Plus we both get free stocks when you use my link. https://act.webull.com/i/RVUoKzFITJLh/2wd/

I hold my longs in TDA, but for pennies WeBull is choice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@Wally FairwayI understand most of that, I’m guessing it has more to do with just tying to lock something in when I can.  I did the same with DECN last week. Made plenty, but left plenty too.    The one I played myself, RIG, I felt fine where I got out, and it just went a bit longer, which is fine. Trying to figure this market out over the last few months has been mind numbing (and I have a f’n finance degree). 

@RCRanger03 I have my longs, div accounts, and my real retirement stuff.  I’m speaking specifically to the in and out quick bang bang stuff.  Part of my psyche is definitely driven by my account size. I doubt I’d care nearly as much if I was playing with ChiDocs bankroll.  I’m just trying to get myself enough to enter the watch thread without wife bitching, and add some cool shit to the boat.  Common clay type things 

19 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Also for those who are using robinhood, might I suggest moving to WeBull and start trading premarket with me. Thats how im getting in early enough to cover my ass AND turn profits with my little buy ins

Plus we both get free stocks when you use my link. https://act.webull.com/i/RVUoKzFITJLh/2wd/

I’m using RH for medium- and long-term securities and Thinkorswim for swing and options.

What’s the advantage of WeBull over Thinkorswim? 

9 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I’m using RH for medium- and long-term securities and Thinkorswim for swing and options.

What’s the advantage of WeBull over Thinkorswim? 

WeBull is better UI on the phone. I work 80 hours a week, so I trade mostly on the go

I have Thinkorswim for desktop for all my research, but their charting is greatly hampered by mobile experience

If you're going for OTCs though ToS is the way to go

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Better UI is definitely important to me. I’ll give WB a look and, if I register, will use your link. Thanks, man. 

6 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I have heard good things about it, I just don’t trust anything PRC owned.  

On 4/25/2020 at 6:30 PM, Anastasis said:

My take away from this is that the chances of UAVS having their trading suspended by the end of next week has gone up exponentially. 

LOL.  Bingo.

So let me get this right.

The CEO's daughter made a video, put an amazon logo on it, and posted it to their website.

The stock goes fucking bonkers.

Conference call announces their CEO is retiring. 

LOL

On 4/25/2020 at 6:30 PM, Anastasis said:

My take away from this is that the chances of UAVS having their trading suspended by the end of next week has gone up exponentially. 

LOL.  Bingo.

The CEO's daughter made a video, put an amazon logo on it, and posted it to their website.

LOL

Just now, Anastasis said:

LOL.  Bingo.

LOL

the CEO announced he was retiring awhile back. this wasn't news. i was wondering why a guy that started the company 10 years ago, has $300k in revenues, would retire if something huge was coming for the company.

but damn, this was a great play for a couple days for those who did it. i am just glad i didn't get my ordered filled at .75 when it was .80 a couple days ago. i would have sold at $1.20 and been pissed off at myself as it raced to $5.

I’ve learned the hard way to take gains as well. I prefer to sell half at a nice gain and let the rest ride.

I also had the learning experience a couple weeks ago of holding a runner through an “analyst day” that was hyped and got burned on it. $Xair

So I sold my other half at 4.00 this morning. Thanks @RCRanger03

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’ve learned the hard way to take gains as well. I prefer to sell half at a nice gain and let the rest ride.

I also had the learning experience a couple weeks ago of holding a runner through an “analyst day” that was hyped and got burned on it. $Xair

So I sold my other half at 4.00 this morning. Thanks @RCRanger03

Yeah - I cleared almost 30%, still holding more than I hoped to because my last sell never executed - but I'm going to hold, at least some, and see where this heads.

Although, looking at their investor relations page - this is kind of a red flag for me, why is a company in bumfuck Kansas audited by a West Palm Beach, FL CPA firm? (other than the obvious tie in with a Florida broker)

Auditor:

D. Brooks and Associates CPAs P.A.

319 Clematis Street, #318

West Palm Beach, Florida 33401

Phone: 561-429-6225

20 minutes ago, po elvis said:

i am just glad i didn't get my ordered filled at .75 when it was .80 a couple days ago. i would have sold at $1.20 and been pissed off at myself as it raced to $5.

Yes you would have. 

signed, someone who sold at 31% instead of 550%.  And was very happy to get that 31 lol. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Yeah - I cleared almost 30%, still holding more than I hoped to because my last sell never executed - but I'm going to hold, at least some, and see where this heads.

Although, looking at their investor relations page - this is kind of a red flag for me, why is a company in bumfuck Kansas audited by a West Palm Beach, FL CPA firm? (other than the obvious tie in with a Florida broker)

They did $300K in revenue last year. Spent $38K in R&D. This is their corporate headquarters

image.thumb.png.92a1e2e7711190b38bcfda22425f461e.png

Earlier today they hit a market cap of $70 Million. Their CEO is quitting and the President is retiring. The stock will be under $1 by tomorrow if not today. I'd GTFO and be happy with the 30% gain. Pump n Dump life!

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

Yeah....I’m happy with my 50% gain on UAVS.

Exactly why I won’t be doing this after quarantine and likely much more during. Been really lucky and even though its my “play” account. It’s still money.

If y’all haven’t downloaded Stocktwits...it’s serious entertainment in every stock chat room. It can also be sad. Someone posted they lost half their account to UAVS and they were literally on the bathroom floor crying. 

Options and speculative trading are not for me...nor for most retail investors who don’t understand it very well and who aren’t the brightest kids on the block.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Options and speculative trading are not for me...nor for most retail investors who don’t understand it very well and who aren’t the brightest kids on the block.

If you need some entertainment for a bit, do a search on twitter for UAVS. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

When it busted through $5 I was cheering for all of you that were in it and at the same time praying for your to get out right then and there.  Sounds like most were already out before it got to $5 which is plenty fine.

Here is my LOL story of the day - when I check back after lunch, I had one unfilled order my last holdings on UAVS which I'd put a limit on at $5.25 as it was approaching $5, I changed it just in the last 10 minutes to sell my remaining stock at $1.25. Still made decent return, but hold too long and you can kill yourself wondering what could have been.

11 Shark Tank "I'm Out" Memes That'll Make You Chuckle

• Like 2

Hope people made lots of good money, and if you make a G Thang on a pick think about your ol' buddy RC's scotch habit ($RCRanger03 or @RCRanger03)

I was laughing my ass off the whole time during the phone call (it was obvious from the jump there was nothing). I offloaded my last little bit at $5 (got in originally at $0.69 giggity but had averaged up well over $1.75 on the run)

I tried to post this morning to remind everyone to sell before the call, but Surly was acting up.

Right now I'm holding:

- TTI $0.48 at close (through Monday, if you get on board do NOT hold through Tuesday Earnings call. Rising through the afterhours. Think we could hit .75 or .8 by Monday, or it could catch real fire, but I repeat DO NOT HOLD, take those profits Monday before the end of the day)

- MARK $0.57 at close (although I'm might get out tomorrow as it couldn't break through .6 even with decent news, and it's not looking great aftermarket. People not excited about screening tech I guess, but it seems promising https://finance.yahoo.com/news/remark-holdings-family-ai-thermal-130000061.html . Earnings call on May 14th if you want to ride it til then and see if more contract news builds up momentum.)

- SHIP $0.1472 at close (really thought this would take off more today, had good contract news... probably will hold)

- ALPP $0.072 at close (medium term swing play, but think it's going to make a run in the next week or two. 0.7 now could easily double and if enough volume builds up could hit .20s) 

- DECN (.......I guess we'll see May 8th? In the PR that caused the collapse just before the SEC suspension, they said they would submit another FDA application May 1st for the home kits, and then followed the suspesnion with a PR that said things would move forward as planned... Not a lot of hope here, most likely gets sent to the gray markets after the suspension, but there's a glimmer that they'll get FDA approval before and who the hell knows then?) 

I'll be drinking my first Surly Stonk Scotch tonight,  and will see if there are any other weekend holders to report tomorrow

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

What platform do you trade these on?? I have some play money I’d like to gamble.

Mostly TDAmeritrade + I use WeBull on the go

I've heard good things about Fidelity, anyone here use it? I may have to switch since they don't charge for OTC

5 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Hope people made lots of good money, and if you make a G Thang on a pick think about your ol' buddy RC's scotch habit ($RCRanger03 or @RCRanger03)

I was laughing my ass off the whole time during the phone call (it was obvious from the jump there was nothing). I offloaded my last little bit at $5 (got in originally at $0.69 giggity but had averaged up well over $1.75 on the run)

I tried to post this morning to remind everyone to sell before the call, but Surly was acting up.

Right now I'm holding:

- TTI $0.48 at close (through Monday, if you get on board do NOT hold through Tuesday Earnings call. Rising through the afterhours. Think we could hit .75 or .8 by Monday, or it could catch real fire, but I repeat DO NOT HOLD, take those profits Monday before the end of the day)

- MARK $0.57 at close (although I'm might get out tomorrow as it couldn't break through .6 even with decent news, and it's not looking great aftermarket. People not excited about screening tech I guess, but it seems promising https://finance.yahoo.com/news/remark-holdings-family-ai-thermal-130000061.html . Earnings call on May 14th if you want to ride it til then and see if more contract news builds up momentum.)

- SHIP $0.1472 at close (really thought this would take off more today, had good contract news... probably will hold)

- ALPP $0.072 at close (medium term swing play, but think it's going to make a run in the next week or two. 0.7 now could easily double and if enough volume builds up could hit .20s) 

- DECN (.......I guess we'll see May 8th? In the PR that caused the collapse just before the SEC suspension, they said they would submit another FDA application May 1st for the home kits, and then followed the suspesnion with a PR that said things would move forward as planned... Not a lot of hope here, most likely gets sent to the gray markets after the suspension, but there's a glimmer that they'll get FDA approval before and who the hell knows then?) 

I'll be drinking my first Surly Stonk Scotch tonight,  and will see if there are any other weekend holders to report tomorrow

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 2