Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

At least I am back on the right side of this one after taking the loss on buying back the call.    

Obviously I'm a big fan of defined reward with undefined risk as a strategy most of the time, but I am not a big fan of naked calls. When I was trading a lot, (primarily selling) I've just never seen a situation where the premium was worth it for me. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Obviously I'm a big fan of defined reward with undefined risk as a strategy most of the time, but I am not a big fan of naked calls. I've just never seen a situation where the premium was worth it for me. 

Yeah, I don't fuck with selling shit naked. Too much risk involved for my liking, and the numbers can get pretty big in a blink. My call was covered, It just made more sense to me to eat the loss and buy back the call. 

And it just broke through 140. LOL. 

• Like 1

DECN news advancing the home kits, but not FDA approval yet

https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/covid-19-15-second-home-131000300.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw&__twitter_impression=true

Covid-19:15 Second Home Testing GenViro! Swift Kit Identified By Largest CBS Affiliate In The Country As Potential Testing Solution To Help Get Country Back To Work

ACCESSWIRE
May 12, 2020, 8:10 am

WCBS-TV REPORT BY CHIEF HEALTH AND MEDICAL REPORTER DR. MAX GOMEZ, ALSO PICKED UP ON YAHOO NEWS, THEREBY REACHING A TOTAL AUDIENCE OF OVER 13 MILLION

LOS ANGELES, CA / ACCESSWIRE / May 12, 2020 / Decision Diagnostics Corp. (OTC PINK:DECN) through its subsidiary Pharma Tech Solutions, Inc. the manufacturers and design specifiers for the GenViro! Covid-19 :15 test professional Swift Kit, today announced that it received detailed media coverage for its individual home testing version of the Swift Kit. Decision Diagnostics is an 18-year old, diabetes and now infectious disease testing bio-technology development firm, high-level manufacturer, quality plan administrator, FDA registered medical device customer support organization, and exclusive worldwide sales and regulatory process agent for its own proprietary regulated medical devices. The story can be viewed in full at https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/05/05/coronavirus-covid-19-decision-diagnostics-testing/

"Recognition from leading health and medical media is exactly what we want to more quickly build momentum toward testing that will be critical in helping the country get back to work," said CEO Keith Berman. "While we continue to wait for the FDA to APPROVE last issue in our testing protocol, even as we have begun the testing, it is important the public know through respected, independent third-parties in the media that true assistance in combatting the virus that has virtually paralyzed our country is being sought as quickly as possible TO answer the needs of individuals and businesses alike."

Our GenViro! Covid-19 professional test kit is currently in the FDA EUA review process and we have received the Pre-EUA Acknowledgement letter from the U.S. FDA for device (serial number) PEUA200232, GenViro Covid-19 Screening Kit. We have since submitted a similar, but more complicated application for our individual home testing kit. This new kit has also received an FDA Acknowledgement letter, for device (serial number) PEUA200947. With receipt of the PEUA letters, the FDA discloses that review staff is assigned to the application. We are especially hopeful of obtaining regulatory approval that will allow Emergency Use for our at-home GenViro! product, which we believe to have the greatest market appeal.

Health care officials and politicians recognize that large-scale, efficient and cost-effective testing is a critical component to allowing America's work force to return to the work place. The key will be to test people, as best as possible and on the spot, employees returning to work while at the same time providing individuals with a way they can accurately test themselves for the virus at home. Employees and individual home testing is an essential remedy for controlling future outbreaks of the virus. Despite numerous claims and the fact that large players are positioning themselves as the "go-to" testing resource, today's testing sources simply do not meet the requirements that are necessary for employees to keep themselves safe while also allowing employers safely to keep their businesses up and running or, in many situations, to resume operations with procedures in place that will entice employees to return to work. Immediate and accurate test results must be available.

PharmaTech Solutions "Swift Kit" testing kit is designed to provide the answers individuals and employers need. It is engineered to provide accurate results on the spot with no delay. While the FDA continues its assessment of how to move forward with this technology, the company is working with a health care products distributor who has already received numerous requests pending approval for the GenViro! Swift kits. This distributor, experts in disaster relief projects has received interest or verbal commitment from entities ranging from Fortune 50 corporations, to professional sports leagues, to large retailers interested in selling the GenViro! product, to offering the rodut in thousands of its pharmacies, to testing their own employees. The company at present estimates that if FDA approval is secured it will be asked to produce 1 million "Swift Kits" per month through the end of the year just for the "back to work" markets. Simply stated, the company and GenViro! have been introduced to major businesses in both the U.S. and Canada, who are ready to place orders as soon as the company is authorized by the FDA to proceed. When available, the "Swift Kit" is expected to provide an immediate, affordable highly precise way to identify those that are infected with the Covid-19 virus, thereby allowing Americans to get back to work.

ABOUT DECISION DIAGNOSTICS CORP

Decision Diagnostics Corp. is the leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of diabetic test strips engineered to operate on legacy glucose meters. DECN's products are designed to operate efficiently and less expensively on certain glucose meters already in use by almost 7.5 million diabetics worldwide. With new inspired technology diabetic test strips already in the final stages of development, DECN products compete on a worldwide scale with legacy manufacturers currently selling to 71+ percent of a $15+ billion at-home testing market. The company's new GenViro!TM product designed to test for the Coronavirus Covid-19, is not yet available in the United States or Puerto Rico but Emergency Waivers are in process, and the product concept has been presented to officials in Washington, DC.

Forward-Looking Statements:

This release contains the company's forward-looking statements which are based on management's current expectations and assumptions as of May 11, 2020, regarding the company's business and performance, its prospects, current factors, the economy, and other future conditions and forecasts of future events, circumstances, and results.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Decision Diagnostics Corp.
Keith Berman (805) 446-2973
info@decisiondiagnostics.co
www.genultimate.com
www.genultimatetbg.com
www.pharmatechdirect.com

SOURCE: Decision Diagnostics Corp.

27 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, I don't fuck with selling shit naked. Too much risk involved for my liking, and the numbers can get pretty big in a blink. My call was covered, It just made more sense to me to eat the loss and buy back the call. 

And it just broke through 140. LOL. 

I’m doing same as u guys with BYND. Currently short 130, 150, and 160 covered calls for this Friday.  Surely it won’t bust through them all, but I guess that would be a good thing. I was short a 115, which I covered then rewrote at 130.  Shits going parabolic  

35 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Interesting that the yahoo report dated today (5/12) is really a link to a story from last week on 5/5 on a NYC TV station medical minute report. 
Digging into this a little more - LinkedIn show 3 employees, 2 of which are IT positions, and the 3rd is the CFO/CEO/President Berman. my spidey senses are tingling...like this could be a mini-Theranos. Also of note, I only see on member of the Board of Directors...guess who? (that's right Berman)

Hopefully not, but how did a NYC station find this needle in the haystack, while the stock trading was suspended? 
Who got them this prime promotional airtime? Not Berman, he comes across as somewhat of a schlub in that 15 second clip with him - not at all like Elizabeth Holmes, who was always dolled up for the media.

Edited by Wally Fairway
BOD info

1 hour ago, 4thgenhorn said:

I’m doing same as u guys with BYND. Currently short 130, 150, and 160 covered calls for this Friday.  Surely it won’t bust through them all, but I guess that would be a good thing. I was short a 115, which I covered then rewrote at 130.  Shits going parabolic  

There goes 145.

9 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

(ISWYDT)

Cannabis stonks have consistently been hammered dogshit for over a year now..what's the play here?

I’m not seeing a ton of downside. At a 52-week low....I’ll take a chance on a growing industry. ;)

• Like 1

Dropped my MVIS bags off at $1.08 and just in time since the Microsoft rep flat out squashed the acquisition rumors on that call lol 

I'm fairly red on the day, going to lay low the rest of the week for ALPP to move and free up some capital. 

orrrrrrr I may buy more FRSX on the dip because I'm a degenerate gambler

Anyone else in on RTTR? I sold off everything to get my initial investment out and now just kinda watching and waiting with my remaining shares. Merger vote with Qualigen Thursday but I’ll probably take what I can get before that.

So right now its just my longs, my bags, and my ALPP

Still optimistic about ALPP? It’s dropped a little lower today and thought I might swing some profits over into it. Reporting is coming sometime this week but they just say between the 11th and 15th.

35 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Now I don’t feel so dumb about my puts at $137. 

Kinda fucking pissed that schwab is taking so long to process my transfer request. They're stealing food out the mouths of hungry children at this point. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Sold my PTON for a four day 4% gain.  I'll take it, pays the grocery bill this week.

I took over your spot this afternoon... bought a few starter positions in IBB and XBI in my Roth and market immediately went...

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Kinda fucking pissed that schwab is taking so long to process my transfer request. They're stealing food out the mouths of hungry children at this point. 

FWIW - they all take a while to process; in the last 2+ years my Dad has moved his account at least 4 times. Which sucks from a timing and gain/loss realization (when he moves to/from a managed account) and from having to get all the paper works in and correct.

So I thought I was taking a break from the #stonk-life, all my options are now 6/30/2020 expiration or later, and I've got a chuck (about 50%) back into long positions. And when I looked at where things closed my net change for the day was basically from my DECN holdings...and it's the stonkiest of stonk holdings.
Just when you think you are out they pull you right back in

Al Pacino GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Still optimistic about ALPP? It’s dropped a little lower today and thought I might swing some profits over into it. Reporting is coming sometime this week but they just say between the 11th and 15th.

Yup ALPP is a medium to long for me, I just keeping buying dips with my profits and building my hoard. My intention if the ER runs is to get out my original investment and then forget about the profits until the end of the year when the real boom boom happens. 

Feel free to neg me if isn't .10 - .14 by mid next week. My ideal is it begins a run on off ER Friday 5/15, people get FOMO, and it hypes over the weekend since it's financials are so sterling anyone doing DD will be salivating. More realistically it will come out and rise, swing people will profit and move on and the Longs will go back to buying on the dips, but IMO about as safe of a bet as you can make on an OTC

• Like 1

DECN - what does the market know, or what doesn't it know?

There is some information about a COVID antibody test, that DECN says it has been submitted for approval. If the market thought there was real potential, then you'd think there would be interest from speculators and that some pharma or medical device company would be interested in taking a stake. 
Then again the SEC suspension could scare some people off until there is more clearity.
Great example of the market prices it all in, or the market is not a perfect pricing mechanism.

100% toss up 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

DECN - what does the market know, or what doesn't it know?

There is some information about a COVID antibody test, that DECN says it has been submitted for approval. If the market thought there was real potential, then you'd think there would be interest from speculators and that some pharma or medical device company would be interested in taking a stake. 
Then again the SEC suspension could scare some people off until there is more clearity.
Great example of the market prices it all in, or the market is not a perfect pricing mechanism.

100% toss up 

Totally hinges on the FDA if that comes through, it's pushing towards dollarland instantly (was doing this before the suspension).

If it comes out they are unapproved, it might go subpenny.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

CLIS up 387% on the day.  Stonky af. 

eta: additionally 20% during typing that. 

I was within a hair trigger of grabbing CLIS at the .08 dip and remembered that I promised to not get into any new positions until after ALPP does it's thing, and I already had been getting around that buy avg down on FRXS. Sticking to your rules saves a lot of losses, but damn if it doesn't hurt to miss out.

Speaking of ALPP they've just filed a NT-10k https://sec.report/Document/0001445866-20-000610/ , so looking like we're probably getting pushed to next week for that one.

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

I was within a hair trigger of grabbing CLIS at the .08 dip and remembered that I promised to not get into any new positions until after ALPP does it's thing, and I already had been getting around that buy avg down on FRXS. Sticking to your rules saves a lot of losses, but damn if it doesn't hurt to miss out.

Speaking of ALPP they've just filed a NT-10k https://sec.report/Document/0001445866-20-000610/ , so looking like we're probably getting pushed to next week for that one.

high quality days GIF 

ALPP following that up with dual 8Ks, meaning that it could be 5 - 15 days (12b-25 timeframe). So definitely next week maybe 2 weeks. That means that tomorrow is probably going to be an ALPP bloodbath. If you were hoping to turn a quick dollar you might want to jump out premarket to free up yo monies. I'll be buying on the dip, it's an excellent long if you can stomach the wait

From one of the 8ks:

Item 8.01Other Events

Dear Shareholders,

The constraints businesses are experiencing right now are vast and varying. The Company and its independent auditors, Malone & Bailey, have been directly impacted resource wise by current market conditions. The lack of travel and face-to-face interaction, in conjunction with staffing limitations, have created inefficiencies leading to delays. Therefore, the Company will be filing a 12b-25 with the SEC regarding our 10K.  The Company will file its 10K as soon as our auditors have released the 10K to be processed.   The Company expects to have the 10K filed within the allowed time frame the 12b-25 provides.  

Best regards,

Kent B. Wilson

CEO / President

Alpine 4 Technologies, Ltd.

Edited by RCRanger03

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

high quality days GIF 

ALPP following that up with dual 8Ks, meaning that it could be 5 - 15 days (12b-25 timeframe). So definitely next week maybe 2 weeks. That means that tomorrow is probably going to be an ALPP bloodbath. If you were hoping to turn a quick dollar you might want to jump out premarket to free up yo monies. I'll be buying on the dip, it's an excellent long if you can stomach the wait

From one of the 8ks:

As bloody as my "real stock" portfolio was today, I'm happy to report my stonks were in the green.

Edited by Sabalo
spelling
  • Like 1

RCRanger: I’m curious about your overall strategy and success rate trading  penny stocks and where you are getting your names. 

I’ve done it in the past with mixed results. What I learned was you have to take a shotgun approach. If you cherry pick, inevitably  the ones you pass on are the biggest winners. . The vast majority of the trades will for losses, often total.  The spreads alone make it an uphill battle. So when you have winners, let them run. You need some big winners. I’m talking 50-100X or more. 

Edited by TonyTexas

15 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

high quality days GIF 

From one of the 8ks:

Nice Call. I was able to get out at .0719 before the bloodletting began.

3 hours ago, Sabalo said:

Nice Call. I was able to get out at .0719 before the bloodletting began.

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yeah, delaying your report is never a good sign, reaks if the auditors finding some shenanigans. 

I scooped up 5k in the basement before things started going back up so I'm green on the day for now (it's the only thing I'm green on, but I'll take it). Lots of companies delaying in these times, not ideal and if it were a riskier investment I'd probably have bailed this morning, but ALPP is rock solid under the hood. Unless outside circumstances screw things up (which is possible with any stock) I'm with it through the end of the year.

FRSX also moved their earnings to Monday, so I'm locked into weekend holds. Probably good to take Friday off once in a while (unless that dime piece DECN decides to get frisky).

17 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

RCRanger: I’m curious about your overall strategy and success rate trading  penny stocks and where you are getting your names. 

I’ve done it in the past with mixed results. What I learned was you have to take a shotgun approach. If you cherry pick, inevitably  the ones you pass on are the biggest winners. . The vast majority of the trades will for losses, often total.  The spreads alone make it an uphill battle. So when you have winners, let them run. You need some big winners. I’m talking 50-100X or more. 

Finding them mostly scanners looking for parameters, and bouncing ideas off other penny traders. You're right that most of them are shithouse money pits, so find ones that have decent financials, and find catalyzing events (earnings, PRs, mergers etc). I have a 30ish on a watchlist in ToS with alerts for news, volume increases and such. Then I have elevated watchlists once alarm bells start ringing. Then I chart the shit out of them looking at the RSI, MACD, and Bollinger lines. 

I also don't chase anything over a dollar, unless I'm playing PURE profit and even then I lock profits all the way up to very end (like how I cashed in on UAVS from .87 with exits at 1.10, 1.33, 2, 4, and 5). Even then I'II catch stinkers, get in and out at the wrong times, or end up in stalled stocks. It's all gambling in the end.

2 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

My BYND and WIX calls came in handy this AM. Fucking risky holding WIX through ER, but there was such little movement leading up to it, I was counting on the bump. Glad it went in my favor this time. 

Holding DKNG calls until this afternoon.

Strike price on your WIX calls??

SEC response to the DECN 550 https://www.sec.gov/litigation/opinions/2020/34-88861.pdf

basically just laying out a timeline for getting back into the pinks, looks like they're getting stretched into July. Everything still hinges on FDA approval or not. 

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA before the SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION SECURITIES EXCHANGE ACT OF 1934 Release No. 88861 / May 13, 2020 Admin. Proc. File No. 3-19788 In the Matter of DECISION DIAGNOSTICS CORP. ORDER REQUESTING ADDITIONAL WRITTEN SUBMISSIONS On April 23, 2020, the Commission issued an order pursuant to Section 12(k) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 suspending trading in the securities of Decision Diagnostics Corp. (“DECN” or “the Company”) (CIK No. 0001144225) for the period from 9:30 a.m. EDT on April 24, 2020, through 11:59 p.m. EDT on May 7, 2020 (the “Trading Suspension Order”).1 The Trading Suspension Order stated that it appeared to the Commission that a suspension of trading was required due to “questions regarding the accuracy and adequacy of information in the marketplace” about DECN. 2 The Trading Suspension Order further stated that the “questions relate to DECN’s press releases, among other things, (i) claiming to have ‘technology perfected’ to allow it to manufacture and sell a COVID-19 test kit that would provide results ‘in 15 seconds, based on a small finger prick blood sample,’ and (ii) issuing sales forecasts that up to 525 million COVID 19 test kits would be sold in the first year of production.” 3 The Commission was therefore “of the opinion that the public interest and the protection of investors require a suspension of trading.” 4 On May 7, 2020, DECN filed a petition to terminate the trading suspension. In accordance with Rule of Practice 550(b), additional written submissions are requested. 5 1 Decision Diagnostics Corp., Exchange Act Release No. 88735, 2020 WL 2110487 (Apr. 23, 2020). 2 Id. at *1. 3 Id. 4 Id. 5 17 C.F.R. § 201.550(b). 2 Accordingly, IT IS ORDERED that the parties file submissions as follows:  By May 20, 2020, the Division of Enforcement shall file all the information that was before the Commission at the time of the Trading Suspension Order’s issuance. 6  By June 3, 2020, DECN shall file an opening brief, which is not to exceed 8,000 words.  By June 17, 2020, the Division shall file an answering brief, which is not to exceed 8,000 words.  By July 1, 2020, DECN may file an optional reply brief, which is not to exceed 3,000 words. Any evidentiary materials, such as supporting affidavits or declarations, shall be attached to the briefs, which must contain specific citations to the evidence relied upon. Although appropriately the subject of official notice,7 the Commission also requests that the parties provide a copy of any guidance document, policy statement, or other government record relied upon to establish the requirements of any applicable legal regime. No briefs in addition to those specified in this order may be filed without leave of the Commission.8 Pursuant to Rule of Practice 180(c), a party’s failure to file a brief or to comply with this order may result in the Commission’s determination of the matter at issue against that party, a finding of waiver, dismissal of the proceeding, or such other sanction as the Commission finds appropriate.9 6 See 15 U.S.C. § 78l(k)(5). The Division need not disclose privileged legal analysis or sensitive information about the staff’s investigative methods. 7 See Rule of Practice 323, 17 C.F.R. § 201.323. 8 The briefs shall conform to Rule of Practice 450(b)-(d), with respect to content and length limitations, 17 C.F.R. § 201.450(b)-(d), except as modified in this order. Attention is also called to Rules of Practice 150-153, 17 C.F.R. §§ 201.150-153, and the Commission’s March 18, 2020 order regarding the filing and service of papers in administrative proceedings. Pending Administrative Proceedings, Exchange Act Release No. 88415, 2020 WL 1322001 (Mar. 18, 2020), https://www.sec.gov/litigation/opinions/2020/33-10767.pdf. We note that, in its petition, DECN agreed to waive paper service of all opinions and orders and accept service electronically. 9 17 C.F.R. § 201.180(c). 3 For the Commission, by the Office of the General Counsel, pursuant to delegated authority. Vanessa A. Countryman Secretary

2 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

SEC response to the DECN 550 https://www.sec.gov/litigation/opinions/2020/34-88861.pdf

basically just laying out a timeline for getting back into the pinks, looks like they're getting stretched into July. Everything still hinges on FDA approval or not. 

I sold 2/3 at a small loss to free up some cash.  Guess I’m bagholding until July on the remaining 1/3. 

55 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I sold 2/3 at a small loss to free up some cash.  Guess I’m bagholding until July on the remaining 1/3. 

It'll go up a bunch or down into oblivion no matter where it is in the SEC process purely on the FDA response to their application. There is an argument that it's actually better situated in the Greys, because if approved it will go WAY higher than otherwise as it's effectively impossible to short without bid/ask information. That's why I'm keeping my stake in and just continuing to assume it's lost money. It's essentially one of those triple zero lotto stocks that you can a million of shares for $1000

Edited by RCRanger03

59 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

AMAT is Up in afterhours too...

41hrdi.gif

No kidding. I sold expecting the ER AH sell off, and though I ended up with ~38% return, I definitely may have left some money on the table. Case and point: I made  a hair over $4,200 today, but left almost that much on the table (ie the day’s highs). 

I can never tell when it’s gonna selloff and when it’s not, and I need more efficient exit strategies. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

No kidding. I sold expecting the ER AH sell off, and though I ended up with ~38% return, I definitely may have left some money on the table. Case and point: I made  a hair over $4,200 today, but left almost that much on the table (ie the day’s highs). 

I can never tell when it’s gonna selloff and when it’s not, and I need more efficient exit strategies. 

Afterhours is a crapshoot... +38% is Great!!

28 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

I'm sure we would all like the ability to know the future with 100% accuracy. Sure would make this stock picking game a lot easier. 

Edited by Blotto

23 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'm sure we would all like the ability to know the future with 100% accuracy. Sure would make this stock picking game a lot easier. 

Of course. That wasn’t so much my point as the fact that I’m not experienced enough to properly min/max. 

Edited by The People’s Elbow