Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

On 5/12/2020 at 1:16 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Sold my PTON for a four day 4% gain.  I'll take it, pays the grocery bill this week.

That's the way I'm trading the markets until I see which way the tug o' war between Fed stimulus props vs unemployment shakes out one way or another in 4th qtr.

2 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Getting high on ACB.🔥

spacer.png

But seriously, I'll be buying puts on this mofo it it doesn't  crash first thing in the morning.

They beat the top line ($78 million vs consensus of $66.7 million) but missed badly on the bottom line (loss of $137 million vs estimated loss of $77 million). So basically, their losses were almost twice their sales. Their revenue was up 18% from the previous quarter, but there were some interesting comments from management on the earnings call:

1.) the company observed some consumer stockpiling in March as the coronavirus pandemic spread across the world — but the company also experienced a surge in sales of the brand of cheap pot called “Daily Special” it recently launched. The March gains, however tapered off in April and provincial buyers returned to pre-pandemic levels.

2.) The company said that the COVID-19 pandemic did not have a significant impact in the third quarter, as cannabis production has been recognized as an essential service in Canada and Europe. Interim Chief Executive Michael Singer said in the conference call Thursday that it’s likely that the coronavirus will have a greater effect on the company’s results in the fiscal fourth quarter.

3.) Aurora also announced that it planned to sell small batches of stock at market prices in order to raise money.

So far through 9 months, they have lost $1.43 billion dollars  on $207 million dollars of revenue and enacted a 12-1 reverse stock split. They have made some progress in curtailing expenses, but I'm not sure that justifies an after hours price approx 30% higher than yesterdays closing price. 

Not gonna go crazy on this one, but hope to cover my weed bill for the next couple of years. 

Edited by Blotto

18 minutes ago, Blotto said:

spacer.png

But seriously, I'll be buying puts on this mofo it it doesn't  crash first thing in the morning.

They beat the top line ($78 million vs consensus of $66.7 million) but missed badly on the bottom line (loss of $137 million vs estimated loss of $77 million). So basically, their losses were almost twice their sales. Their revenue was up 18% from the previous quarter, but there were some interesting comments from management on the earnings call:

1.) the company observed some consumer stockpiling in March as the coronavirus pandemic spread across the world — but the company also experienced a surge in sales of the brand of cheap pot called “Daily Special” it recently launched. The March gains, however tapered off in April and provincial buyers returned to pre-pandemic levels.

2.) The company said that the COVID-19 pandemic did not have a significant impact in the third quarter, as cannabis production has been recognized as an essential service in Canada and Europe. Interim Chief Executive Michael Singer said in the conference call Thursday that it’s likely that the coronavirus will have a greater effect on the company’s results in the fiscal fourth quarter.

3.) Aurora also announced that it planned to sell small batches of stock at market prices in order to raise money.

So far through 9 months, they have lost $1.43 billion dollars  on $207 million dollars of revenue and enacted a 12-1 reverse stock split. They have made some progress in curtailing expenses, but I'm not sure that justifies a after hours price approx 30% higher than yesterdays closing price. 

Not gonna go crazy on this one, but hope to cover my weed bill for the next couple of years. 

Ha! Ya....I didnt go too hard...so it was fun to hold through earnings...I’ll be watching in the morning...Vegas is still closed...wth

13 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

No kidding. I sold expecting the ER AH sell off, and though I ended up with ~38% return, I definitely may have left some money on the table. Case and point: I made  a hair over $4,200 today, but left almost that much on the table (ie the day’s highs).   I can never tell when it’s gonna selloff and when it’s not, and I need more efficient exit strategies. 

Trump back after China, so AMAT now down in pre-market... probably good that yah sold

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn Autocorrect
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

In for $9 ACB puts expiring today at a price of .30. Longer dated options are still a bit premium rich, so I'll settle for a small wager today. 

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

In for $9 ACB puts expiring today at a price of .30. Longer dated options are still a bit premium rich, so I'll settle for a small wager today. 

Well that was a disaster, was able to close out earlier for a 40% loss, but will definately take another bite at some longer dated puts in the near future. Vegas indeed.

FLIR getting spicy over the weekend with the TSA expanding temperature checks across 12 airports, and that means little penny bro FRXS gets to come along for the ride (MARK will probably bounce from their dip as well). Earnings Monday aftermarket could make it a runner, and you'd be getting in lower than my average if you buy in first thing. Price mark $1.20, with upwards of $1.50 if the earnings are as good as I'm expecting along with all the good news they've been generating (partnership with FLIR, Euro autonomous contracts, $1M AWARD Consortium prize)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

FLIR getting spicy over the weekend with the TSA expanding temperature checks across 12 airports, and that means little penny bro FRXS gets to come along for the ride (MARK will probably bounce from their dip as well). Earnings Monday aftermarket could make it a runner, and you'd be getting in lower than my average if you buy in first thing. Price mark $1.20, with upwards of $1.50 if the earnings are as good as I'm expecting along with all the good news they've been generating (partnership with FLIR, Euro autonomous contracts, $1M AWARD Consortium prize)

FRSX right??

7 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

What are people looking at for this week? And where do y’all mostly pick up reliable info on stocks?

My previous experiment was playing with options, using personal conviction of fundamentals.  Was fun and relatively successful at first, but soured a bit over the last week.

My next experiment is trading still options, using technical indicators.  Basically trying to ride momentum/swings, and carving off small profits. 

So trying to remove emotions (and some personal conviction) from the trades.... while not strongly opposing my macro views, which is still overall bearish. 

These are small calls so I'm limiting my downside in case the bear drop comes.  My real investment is still in a mutual fund, and combination of etfs that blend equities+treasuries, which has risk parity so it dampens effects of whether market goes up or down 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

What are people looking at for this week? And where do y’all mostly pick up reliable info on stocks?

Anyone here follow precious metals? I wanted to post about USLV Thursday, but I don't want anyone to lose money because of something I post. The last time gold was over 1700 per ounce, silver was $32/ oz. Historically in bull markets for PM's, silver moves quite a bit faster than gold. With all the money being printed, PM's should continue to rise. There was a lot of resistance for silver at $16, but once it broke through 16 it flew through resistance at 16.53. As silver broke through $16 and is trying to break through 17, USLV went from $50 to $59 on Friday. USLV is a 3x silver ETF, and please don't trade it without your own due diligence. I would love to hear contrarian thoughts from other traders.

Earnings moved to Thursday?

Seems like news isn't coming out tonight. They're involved in this exhibition tomorrow. Volvo CEO is one of the keynotes... (would be sweet if they got a major collab), but it was also strange that they halted so late into AH, so I'm wary... Tomorrow should be interesting that's for sure, somebody keep @Fudge Nuggets  away from this premarket. 

https://www.ecomotionweek.com/

Edited by RCRanger03

Made 21% on PEMTF and jumped out. Actually hit the peak. Now if I can just hit the trough as well...

I’ve decided I will not be able to retire from this, but if I can buy @RCRanger03 a few dozen bottles a year, I’d be happy.  Its only taken me a week to realize he knows more than all of r/penny combined, though reading through that page is fantastically entertaining. 

Holding small bag of DECN bumming me out when I see it tho. The $$ is not significant, but ugh. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Made 21% on PEMTF and jumped out. Actually hit the peak. Not if I can just hit the trough as well...

I’ve decided I will not be able to retire from this, but if I can buy @RCRanger03 a few dozen bottles a year, I’d be happy.  Its only taken me a week to realize he knows more than all of r/penny combined, though reading through that page is fantastically entertaining. 

Holding small bag of DECN bumming me out when I see it tho. The $$ is not significant, but ugh. 

R/Pennystocks is like a toddler version R/WSB

Don't hold out too much hope for DECN (at this point it's just a lotto ticket), but their original timeline put FDA testing finishing up this week. It will be good when it finally goes one way or another though.

Also speaking of bags, the MVIS shareholder meeting is tomorrow at 11am Central (most likely they will authorize a R/S, with a 1% chance it's good news), but based on the juice it was getting late today, it will probably test $1 again.

Edited by RCRanger03

Fuuuuuuuck FRSX direct offering at .6

Never seen a halt for an offeringq, what a bitch move

Edit

Halt comes off at 815. Going to gap down. Im going to try and get out and buy back in low. Still think their earnings will be good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

bastard lol Well the bitch move is at least free of warrants meaning that it will probably recover, but still.... it's a bitch move I had plans for that money damnit

It was invested with the intent to go up, that's all I can offer in defense. Definitely a bitch move though. Hopefully I don't thwart the recovery because I bought more to lower my average. We'll see. I sat on the sidelines for your other picks to see how they did and this was the first one I jumped on. Hopefully it recovers and makes a run for you.

Edited by HoustonHorn
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 7:02 PM, LTtxfan said:

FRSX right??

News on $2.50 target...

"Foresight Autonomous started at buy with $2.50 stock price target at Alliance Global Partners"

MARKETWATCH – 6:17 AM ET 05/19/2020

Stock opened down this morning though...

Foresight Autonomous Holdings Ltd. (FRSX)

0.7498-0.0936 (-11.10%)
As of 10:08AM EDT. Market open.
Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

News on $2.50 target...

"Foresight Autonomous started at buy with $2.50 stock price target at Alliance Global Partners"

MARKETWATCH – 6:17 AM ET 05/19/2020

Stock opened down this morning though...

Foresight Autonomous Holdings Ltd. (FRSX)

0.7498-0.0936 (-11.10%)
As of 10:08AM EDT. Market open.

If you're a long then you'll reach that $2.50 in the next few years for sure. They're a leader in the autonomous field, and that's a $160Billion incoming market. I think it will rebound whenever the earnings come around. It's already back into the mid 70s so I hope some people jumped in on the dip. The problem is I wanted to scalp my investment out to go play something else. Not avg down and wait lol

Which of you crazy mofos bought 500k of DECN at .14 and what do you know!?!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Maybe it’s not possible to have this conversation among the stonk talk, but I’d love to learn more about others’ option exit strategies. Do you you target profit, time, technicals? 

STONKS ALWAYS GO UP! Never exiting means you can NEVER lose money.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

When I'm swinging I take profit, if I like the company I'll leave a little for a longer play

When the company is shit, I scalp in and out little bits 10% - 20%

When the company is REALLY shit, I hold their bags forever cause I like it like that

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Like 3

MVIS Shareholders meeting starting up at 11am, there will be another run up to $1 leading up to it, and thats the last call to drop your bags or be a MSFT buyout stan forever (they're more than likely going to vote in a R/S so if you want to do that sell now and rebuy after the dip)

Also FRXS creeping back up, and volume is nice. I'm already almost back even but only because I put more money in haha. Kenny Rogers would not be proud

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

MVIS Shareholders meeting starting up at 11am, there will be another run up to $1 leading up to it, and thats the last call to drop your bags or be a MSFT buyout stan forever (they're more than likely going to vote in a R/S so if you want to do that sell now and rebuy after the dip)   Also FRXS creeping back up, and volume is nice. I'm already almost back even but only because I put more money in haha. Kenny Rogers would not be proud

FRSX...

(I think of FreshX to remember symbol of FRSX)

Edited by LTtxfan

LOL that MVIS call was lit. Approved the R/S, but then totally made it seem like MSFT is doing something but they couldn't say anything b/c NDA

Now MVIS is flying, but crash is coming so I hope you dropped those bags

Edited by RCRanger03