Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

Don’t think about selling ALT until the company receives BARDA funding.  That’s when to re-examine the lay of the land.  Until then, enjoy the ride with the knowledge there will be some profit taking.  

I’m riding it. What do you think it’ll dip to for another buying opportunity?

The way ALT is running, look for it to drop at the open tomorrow - like it did today, some people will want to realize profits so that will be your chance to pick some stock or options up again.
This advice is void if there is new/press release/etc before the market opens; past performance does not guarantee future results, trades in financial instruments may result in incurring taxes, no representation in this thread is made that you are likely to achieve profits, in all likelihood you will incur losses, objects in the mirror may be close than they appear.

5 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I started at 10% of that initial investment, but I'm around that now... if one of my shell plays pops I'll get there.

Work has been killing my stonklife lately. Turns out when you're training new hires flipping over to ToS is frowned upon 

You went from $3,500 to almost $1,000,000?  How long did that take?

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I’m riding it. What do you think it’ll dip to for another buying opportunity?

If it pulls back to 16 -17, take half of the money you plan to invest and buy here.  Breakout support is 11-13.  IF ALT pulls back in that range, invest the other half here.  I think 16-17 is probable.  So far, this breakout has managed to avoid any gaps and the chart looks exceptional.  ALT's largest investor, Venrock Healthcare Capital, is a buy and hold fund.  On June 26th, Venrock added 1.5 million to its existing 3 million shares.  Looking at the big picture, it wouldn't shock me if ALT was 50 by the year's end.  With all the shit 2020 has dumped on us. that would be a fine way to apologize as we close out the year.

I think I have found the ultimate deranged trading vehicle.  An /NQ futures contract is for "20 NASDAQS" and each contract's margin requirement is ~$16,500.  NASDAQ is at 10,700 so you can get 10,700 X 20 = $214K of awesomeness for $16.5K (~13x leverage).  But wait, there's more.  Not only is each contract leveraged as fuck, but they offer options on these little shits.  Without looking into the details I guess you can get leveraged ~130x with them.

addict-preparing-drugs-185245989-5b34002

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I started at 10% of that initial investment, but I'm around that now... if one of my shell plays pops I'll get there.
Work has been killing my stonklife lately. Turns out when you're training new hires flipping over to ToS is frowned upon 

So you turned $3.5k to just shy of $1MM?

Insert scene from Wolf of Wall Street when Jonah meets Leo. I’m pretty pro-crack, strippers, whores, booze and ludes too.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

You went from $3,500 to almost $1,000,000?  How long did that take?

14 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

So you turned $3.5k to just shy of $1MM?

Insert scene from Wolf of Wall Street when Jonah meets Leo. I’m pretty pro-crack, strippers, whores, booze and ludes too.

LOL I must have mistyped, no I took my $3.5K initial investment up to his $35K initial investment in those 4 months (without pulling any of my ALPP)

No whales here 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

LOL I must have mistyped, no I took my $3.5K initial investment up to his $35K initial investment in those 4 months (without pulling any of my ALPP)

No whales here 

Speaking of pulling , this was posted by @ROFL BOX  ,

fyi -- Probably NSFW.      (No nudity)

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/n7w3gm/automoblow-self-driving-tesla-autopilot

A #Stonx Tale

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/technology/robinhood-risky-trading.html

After funding his account with $15,000 in credit card advances, he began spending more time on the app.

As he repeatedly lost money, Mr. Dobatse took out two $30,000 home equity loans so he could buy and sell more speculative stocks and options, hoping to pay off his debts. His account value shot above $1 million this year — but almost all of that recently disappeared. This week, his balance was $6,956.

Wally's rules:
#1 - there are no rules
#2 - don't get emotionally attached to winners or losers, take some small loses before you lose the entire investment
#246 - when something is running up, take out at least your initial investment, case-in-point about 12% of my holdings in ALT and covered all of my initial investment

3 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

A #Stonx Tale

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/technology/robinhood-risky-trading.html

Wally's rules:
#1 - there are no rules
#2 - don't get emotionally attached to winners or losers, take some small loses before you lose the entire investment
#246 - when something is running up, take out at least your initial investment, case-in-point about 12% of my holdings in ALT and covered all of my initial investment

I hope he at least paid of the CC and HELOC on the ride up.

I can imagine making that sort of run and not pulling huge chunks of cash off the table.  But I can also imagine the adrenaline rush involved cloud decision making.

Can I tell you more about the SPY puts that I am riding into the side of the mountain right now because I am too stubborn to take the loss. 

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Can I tell you more about the SPY puts that I am riding into the side of the mountain right now because I am too stubborn to take the loss. 

Don't tell me what I already know!!!! (although I am still holding my 6/18/21 SPY calls that were made in a moment of anger at the Brrrrrrr machine, and to teach my puts that they can easily be replaced if they don't start to act right....it is much like carrying a second putter in my bag to scare my regular putter....yes I can be a head case on the course as well)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Don't tell me what I already know!!!! (although I am still holding my 6/18/21 SPY calls that were made in a moment of anger at the Brrrrrrr machine, and to teach my puts that they can easily be replaced if they don't start to act right....it is much like carrying a second putter in my bag to scare my regular putter....yes I can be a head case on the course as well)

Username checks out....

Drives for show, but putts...

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I hope he at least paid of the CC and HELOC on the ride up.

I can imagine making that sort of run and not pulling huge chunks of cash off the table.  But I can also imagine the adrenaline rush involved cloud decision making.

I've got IWM and SPY puts. 

Hold strong brotha, we going broke together.

• Like 2

On 7/10/2020 at 3:07 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Hold ‘til $35 at least.  Otherwise, you won’t be able to respect yourself in the morning. 

Almost there

On 7/11/2020 at 10:11 PM, UTexasFight said:

Not sure but wish I had listened to them ...or my buddy who got in on LVGO at $27 near the end of March.

Yea I’m in at 54.  Position is way too small though 

49 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

UAVS moving. Rumored partnership with Amazon. Drones will be big soon

Wasn't that the rumor last time there was a run-up, only to find out the announcement was the CEO stepping down.
I'm not really sure what the Amazon application of fixed wing drones is going to be, but then I remember once thinking Amazon was an online bookstore - so what do I know???

ALT showing that my $135 comment might be the target once it blows past @Harrison Stafford $35 price reference - next stop....bang, zoom to the Moon

On a lighter note....."Bang....Zoom...." - Thee RANT

Buckle up mofos...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/altimmune-university-alabama-birmingham-uab-110010132.html

Altimmune, Inc. (Nasdaq: ALT), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, today announced positive results from the preclinical studies of its intranasal COVID-19 vaccine candidate, AdCOVID. The studies, which were conducted in collaboration with the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), showed strong serum neutralizing activity and potent mucosal immunity in the respiratory tract. The induction of IgA antibody in the respiratory tract may be necessary to block both infection and transmission of the virus to prevent further spread of COVID-19. Based on these findings the Company plans to begin manufacturing of AdCOVID and advance the vaccine candidate to a Phase 1 safety and immunogenicity study in Q4 of this year...

• Like 1