Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

What's their angle even if it is effective?  It's not like they have a patent on NO.
If it's effective against covid then Nitricil will be big. That's my gamble.

It's frustrating watching it bleed away but I went through the same thing with IBIO. Got in at .40 and it was the same shit, spikes and tanks. Just had to set it aside and stop looking and it'll go when it goes

2 hours ago, Tailgate said:

We need a stonk bet among anyone stonking. See who can make the most of $100-$500 in 30-days. We’d need @huckleberry to help spreadsheet it...or we just grab positions in x stonk and watch for 30 days. $.01 entry fee.

200.gif

I like this, although my stonking game is not strong right now. How about $100 start point, winner takes the pot of whatever is left among all the entries?   

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Im in...someone lead the way!

Some proposed basic ground rules:

No noobs, must be an established surly. Anyone who is already committed can object to a poster buying in. 

30 day run (open to alternative)

$100 buy in (open to alternatives)

Each poster commits to their entry and manages their trades.

Must post screen caps within 24h of any buys/sells. Buys must include time date price stamps. Sells must include a cap that includes cost basis and time stamps that matches the buys to determine gain/loss.

Gains may be re-invested.  Losses are gone, but any remaining amount can be bought back in. 

All trading is on the table, options, shorting, etc.

Final determination is total cash balance at end of tourney.  Must be in cash at end (no stock positions count towards total cash balance).

Whatever your cash balance is at end is put in the pot.  If its $1 your commitment in $1. If its $200, your commitment is $200. 

Any welcher gets an IP ban. You must be able to demonstrate your trading chain in sufficient detail at conclusion. If consensus of participants it that you fuck around you get an IP ban. Just operate in good faith.

Maybe we can get blacklab or immamac to handle the final cash transfers to maintain anonymity. 

There are probably holes in this, but I am in if somebody can scope it out and figure out a way to make it work. 

I am sure I am missing some holes for gaming the system, but if people want to plug the holes and operate in good faith I am in. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No noobs, must be an established surly. Anyone who is already committed can object to a poster buying in. 

Must post screen caps within 24h of any buys/sells. Buys must include time date price stamps. Sells must include a cap that includes cost basis and time stamps that matches the buys to determine gain/loss.

Gains may be re-invested.  Losses are gone, but any remaining amount can be bought back in. 

Final determination is total cash balance at end of tourney.  Must be in cash at end (no stock positions count towards total cash balance).

Whatever your cash balance is at end is put in the pot.  If its $1 your commitment in $1. If its $200, your commitment is $200. 

Any welcher gets an IP ban. You must be able to demonstrate your trading chain in sufficient detail at conclusion. If consensus of participants it that you fuck around you get an IP ban. Just operate in good faith.

Maybe we can get blacklab or immamac to handle the final cash transfers to maintain anonymity. 

There are probably holes in this, but I am in if somebody can scope it out and figure out a way to make it work. 

I am sure I am missing some holes for gaming the system, but if people want to plug the holes and operate in good faith I am in. 

I like it...I was thinking maybe picking x amount of stock(S) and whatever they are after 30 days from start that’s your total. That way ‘everyone’ knows what your picks (team) is and let it ride 30-days...but I’m open to potential screen shots of multiple trading throughout the month...just let’s make it fun and stonk it. Winner should get gains...maybe a second and third place?

32 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Intriguing, but potentially a pain in the ass to track accurately. Perhaps an easier way would be to use a trading contest platform, and make it more of a fantasy football approach. Everyone puts in $100 and winner takes everything after deducting any contest costs. For example:

https://www.howthemarketworks.com/

Whether we use this platform or another, the benefit is that we could see standings at any time, and presumably would be much easier to validate when we are all on the same trading platform. We could also choose larger starting balances than the entry fee which would greatly enhance the available investment opportunities (stocks over $100).

The platform above seems to allow penny stocks, shorting, but I'm not sure if they have options. There may be better platforms, this was just the first one google recommended. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I just registered and got 10k in play money (minimum) on that site...^^^...it’s free...let me know who wants to start the challenge...the simpler the better so we don’t have to have an xl spreadsheet....those give me nightmares.

We could run this Monday until the end of the month....so every trading day in August is the time frame...just a thought.

We might not have football....we need some games to play! 😀🤘🏻

Edited by Tailgate
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Tailgate said:

I just registered and got 10k in play money (minimum) on that site...^^^...it’s free...let me know who wants to start the challenge...the simpler the better so we don’t have to have an xl spreadsheet....those give me nightmares.

I found a few other sites (marketwatch, investopedia) that also offer trading contest platforms. Probably need to figure out if we can get enough interested degenerates, and then based on the consensus opinions of what should be included, choose the platform. For instance investopedia offers options, not sure if the others do. Of course using a platform where its not our actual money at stake changes how people would invest. If its the last couple of days and you are way out of the lead, you can always yolo some ridiculous options play that you might not make in real life. I just think this approach is easiest to manage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Intriguing, but potentially a pain in the ass to track accurately. Perhaps an easier way would be to use a trading contest platform, and make it more of a fantasy football approach. Everyone puts in $100 and winner takes everything after deducting any contest costs. For example:

https://www.howthemarketworks.com/

Whether we use this platform or another, the benefit is that we could see standings at any time, and presumably would be much easier to validate when we are all on the same trading platform. We could also choose larger starting balances than the entry fee which would greatly enhance the available investment opportunities (stocks over $100).

The platform above seems to allow penny stocks, shorting, but I'm not sure if they have options. There may be better platforms, this was just the first one google recommended. 

Yes, a simulated platform with a fixed buy in seems like a much more simple and doable approach.  I always make things more complex than they need to be. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Tailgate said:

I like it...I was thinking maybe picking x amount of stock(S) and whatever they are after 30 days from start that’s your total. That way ‘everyone’ knows what your picks (team) is and let it ride 30-days...but I’m open to potential screen shots of multiple trading throughout the month...just let’s make it fun and stonk it. Winner should get gains...maybe a second and third place?

Who the fuck holds a stonk for 30 days? Wheel and deal, baby!

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

So who all is in on the Surly Stonklympics? I’m in 

I’ll start a thread in the ‘gambling’ section for the stonklympics. Will be easier to track names and rules. You get an orange slice for the name.

EDIT- Started the thread in ‘Gambling.’ Take my money.

Edited by Tailgate
  • Hook 'Em 1