Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

On 8/31/2020 at 12:29 PM, Spoosner said:

BBRW up 89% today. I've been holding this bag for a bit. I still need a tad more climb to break even unfortunately.

On 8/31/2020 at 6:16 PM, Blotto said:

I've been in and out of BBRW several times (most recently buying in at .004 and selling at .0052 last week). Sadly I was waiting for it to drop below .004 again so I missed out on this huge spike. I'm fairly confident it will drop again. It always does

Touched .01 in after-hours Monday, already back down below .005. Great f'n stonk to trade. I either own it and am looking to sell, or I have a buy order in for .004 and patiently waiting (usually 150K shares, nothing too crazy).When it falls below .004, just wait a few weeks for the inevitable spike.....sell....repeat. Look at the swings just in the YTD chart for 2020.

image.png.43c9812be429d5d9a5254b64be13acb6.png

Selling at a 25% gain last week caused me to miss the big spike Monday, but you always get another shot with BBRW. Its a true shit stonk, but I love it. 

image.png.bd921ba6f0bafdbea3686633c97394d9.png

Edited by Blotto

On 9/1/2020 at 2:49 PM, Blotto said:

Here's my latest ill advised stonkin play, EWLL 

image.png.d638b6c083208ff2c1e14432410bfea4.png

Buy at .0003 and sell at .0004. The brilliance of my strategy, is matched only by the difficulty in getting orders through, at least large enough orders to bother with. I had no luck until I lowered my order size to 1,000,000 shares but since that time I was able to buy/sell once on Thursday, once on Friday, and just got another buy order filled yesterday afternoon. So assuming I can dump those shares sometime this week, that will be 3 round trips at approx 33% profit. Then I'll try to buy back in one time and essentially I'm free riding (not accounting for taxes).

There are pump and dump stories about an acquisition pending by ATI Physical Therapy who uses their video telehealth platform, resulting in a spike to .015 a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps I should be concerned that they don't even have a website, but look at that chart, lulz. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing, thats what. 

At this point i can't even get rid of this shit at .0003, it's like fidelity is punishing me for trying to play stupid games.

NKLA up over 20% today, with the announcement that GM agreed to help NKLA engineer & build the pickup truck & GM gets 11% of NKLA

https://www.wsj.com/articles/general-motors-takes-stake-in-electric-vehicle-company-nikola-11599568421?mod=hp_lead_pos2

Spoiler

General Motors Co. GM +4.37% agreed to help Nikola Corp. NKLA +20.70% engineer and build its electric pickup truck in exchange for an 11% stake, the latest tie-up between a traditional auto maker and a vehicle upstart.

Shares of both stocks surged on the news in premarket trading. Nikola jumped 29%, while GM added 6%.

Under the deal, General Motors will engineer, validate and manufacture the electric battery and fuel cells for Nikola’s Badger passenger truck. In exchange for the services, Nikola will give GM $2 billion in new stock and the right to nominate one director.

Nikola had said it planned to partner with an established auto maker to build the Badger, which will be powered by both an electric battery and hydrogen fuel-cell technology. As part of the deal, the electric-truck startup will use GM’s Ultium battery system and Hydrotec fuel-cell technology.

Founded in 2014, Nikola went public in June via a reverse merger. Investors quickly drove up its value amid broader enthusiasm about electric vehicles, helped by Tesla Inc.’s recent string of profits and success expanding production. Nikola even briefly passed Ford Motor Co. in market value.

More recently, Nikola’s share price has retreated, losing more than half its value over the past three months. Before Tuesday, the company’s market value was $13.5 billion. In comparison, GM was at $42.9 billion, Ford at $27 billion and Tesla at $390 billion.

Nikola will be responsible for the sales and marketing for the Badger and will retain the Nikola Badger brand. The Badger will be unveiled in December, and production is expected to start in late 2022.

Last month, Nikola said it secured an order for 2,500 electric garbage trucks from refuse giant Republic Services Inc.

Last year, Ford Motor Co. took a $500 million stake in electric-truck startup Rivian Automotive.

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

NKLA up over 20% today, with the announcement that GM agreed to help NKLA engineer & build the pickup truck & GM gets 11% of NKLA

https://www.wsj.com/articles/general-motors-takes-stake-in-electric-vehicle-company-nikola-11599568421?mod=hp_lead_pos2

Reveal hidden contents

General Motors Co. GM +4.37% agreed to help Nikola Corp. NKLA +20.70% engineer and build its electric pickup truck in exchange for an 11% stake, the latest tie-up between a traditional auto maker and a vehicle upstart.

Shares of both stocks surged on the news in premarket trading. Nikola jumped 29%, while GM added 6%.

Under the deal, General Motors will engineer, validate and manufacture the electric battery and fuel cells for Nikola’s Badger passenger truck. In exchange for the services, Nikola will give GM $2 billion in new stock and the right to nominate one director.

Nikola had said it planned to partner with an established auto maker to build the Badger, which will be powered by both an electric battery and hydrogen fuel-cell technology. As part of the deal, the electric-truck startup will use GM’s Ultium battery system and Hydrotec fuel-cell technology.

Founded in 2014, Nikola went public in June via a reverse merger. Investors quickly drove up its value amid broader enthusiasm about electric vehicles, helped by Tesla Inc.’s recent string of profits and success expanding production. Nikola even briefly passed Ford Motor Co. in market value.

More recently, Nikola’s share price has retreated, losing more than half its value over the past three months. Before Tuesday, the company’s market value was $13.5 billion. In comparison, GM was at $42.9 billion, Ford at $27 billion and Tesla at $390 billion.

Nikola will be responsible for the sales and marketing for the Badger and will retain the Nikola Badger brand. The Badger will be unveiled in December, and production is expected to start in late 2022.

Last month, Nikola said it secured an order for 2,500 electric garbage trucks from refuse giant Republic Services Inc.

Last year, Ford Motor Co. took a $500 million stake in electric-truck startup Rivian Automotive.

Time for me to cool something off.

Everything I read about the NKLA deal with GM confuses me.  GM engineers the truck, GM builds the truck for a guaranteed margin (cost plus contracts), GM gets 80% of the regulatory credits , and GM owns the IP. Hey NKLA....

giphy.gif

What exactly justifies the $20 billion dollar market cap on NKLA? Their core competency appears to generating hype and additional stock shares, I'm not sure what else they bring to the party. The dotcom era is starting to look rational compared to this shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Everything I read about the NKLA deal with GM confuses me.  GM engineers the truck, GM builds the truck for a guaranteed margin (cost plus contracts), GM gets 80% of the regulatory credits , and GM owns the IP. Hey NKLA....

giphy.gif

What exactly justifies the $20 billion dollar market cap on NKLA? Their core competency appears to generating hype and additional stock shares, I'm not sure what else they bring to the party. The dotcom era is starting to look rational compared to this shit.

It will be funny when TSLA ends up at Ford’s valuation and NKLA ends up at TSLA market cap with this dumbass set up.  Because that’s how this shit works.  

5 hours ago, Blotto said:

giphy.gif

Elec vehicle mfg is this generations dot.com bubble. I'm amazed when I do a search and see how many companies are in that space, some for 5+ years but nobody has really heard of them. 

Other than Tesla, it's a dartboard that you are throwing your investment dollars at...good luck

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

What happened with NOVN?  

Novan Commences Phase 3 Study of Antiviral Skin Gel

09:34 AM EDT, 09/03/2020 (MT Newswires) -- Novan (NOVN) said Thursday it has commenced a phase 3 study of SB206, the company's topical antiviral gel for the treatment of molluscum contagiosum, a common viral infection of the skin.

Completion of patient enrollment is expected in Q1 of 2021 while readout of topline data is anticipated in Q2, the company said.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, Blotto said:

Touched .01 in after-hours Monday, already back down below .005. Great f'n stonk to trade. I either own it and am looking to sell, or I have a buy order in for .004 and patiently waiting (usually 150K shares, nothing too crazy).When it falls below .004, just wait a few weeks for the inevitable spike.....sell....repeat. Look at the swings just in the YTD chart for 2020.

image.png.43c9812be429d5d9a5254b64be13acb6.png

Selling at a 25% gain last week caused me to miss the big spike Monday, but you always get another shot with BBRW. Its a true shit stonk, but I love it. 

image.png.bd921ba6f0bafdbea3686633c97394d9.png

I wouldn't claim to be an expert or extremely versed in penny stock financial statements, but the 10k they filed in Aug is unreal, as in shitty.  holy cow

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I wouldn't claim to be an expert or extremely versed in penny stock financial statements, but the 10k they filed in Aug is unreal, as in shitty.  holy cow

No doubt....all of these stocks trading at .004 cents are  "unreal" shitty (they have 1.4 billion shares outstanding, ffs). I just keep my buys at around $600 each time, try to sell at 20-30% profit, and then just wait for it to come back down. This company may very well cease to exist....but until that happens, I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing, its a brainless activity.  Buy order at .004, once bought, sell order at .005. Sometimes the price spikes overnight and the order executes at .0055, etc... They have announced a stock buyback, lulz so I'm expecting even more swingy behavior on this one. I've done it enough times, I'm playing with house money. 

I am taking the same approach with EWLL as mentioned earlier (.0003/.0004) and that one is starting to drift into the .0002/.0003 range, so I may have to cost average lower. This is basically how I amuse myself until we get past November. This is the stonk thread, not the how to prudently invest large sums of money thread.

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

No doubt....all of these stocks trading at .004 cents are  "unreal" shitty (they have 1.4 billion shares outstanding, ffs). I just keep my buys at around $600 each time, try to sell at 20-30% profit, and then just wait for it to come back down. This company may very well cease to exist....but until that happens, I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing, its a brainless activity.  Buy order at .004, once bought, sell order at .005. Sometimes the price spikes overnight and the order executes at .0055, etc... They have announced a stock buyback, lulz so I'm expecting even more swingy behavior on this one. I've done it enough times, I'm playing with house money. 

I am taking the same approach with EWLL as mentioned earlier (.0003/.0004) and that one is starting to drift into the .0002/.0003 range, so I may have to cost average lower. This is basically how I amuse myself until we get past November. This is the stonk thread, not the how to prudently invest large sums of money thread.

Totally understand and I wasn't trying to talk you out of it or anything.   Pure curiosity got me to google BBRW, as I had no idea what the company was.  I have actually seen some of their equipment/ tanks before at breweries.  Looks like they have some crazy shit going on was all I was saying.

7 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Totally understand and I wasn't trying to talk you out of it or anything.   Pure curiosity got me to google BBRW, as I had no idea what the company was.  I have actually seen some of their equipment/ tanks before at breweries.  Looks like they have some crazy shit going on was all I was saying.

Thats the one thing about them that lends a remote semblance of legitimacy. They have actual revenues selling an actual product, and theoretically that can continue as long as 1.) people keep drinking beer, and 2.) BBRW doesn't implode financially. I'm pretty comfortable with the first requirement, the second......ehhhhhh. 

Short seller of NKLA writes an attack piece calling founder Trevor Milton a fraud and a liar

• Today, we reveal why we believe Nikola is an intricate fraud built on dozens of lies over the course of its Founder and Executive Chairman Trevor Milton’s career.
  • We have gathered extensive evidence—including recorded phone calls, text messages, private emails and behind-the-scenes photographs—detailing dozens of false statements by Nikola Founder Trevor Milton. We have never seen this level of deception at a public company, especially of this size.
  • Trevor has managed to parlay these false statements made over the course of a decade into a ~$20 billion public company. He has inked partnerships with some of the top auto companies in the world, all desperate to catch up to Tesla and to harness the EV wave.

https://hindenburgresearch.com/nikola/

plenty of lulz in that Hindenberg takedown, for instance

• Inexpensive hydrogen is fundamental to the success of Nikola’s business model. Trevor has claimed in a presentation to hundreds of people and in multiple interviews to have succeeded at cutting the cost of hydrogen by ~81% compared to peers and to already be producing hydrogen. Nikola has not produced hydrogen at this price or at any price as he later admitted when pressed by media.
  • Trevor has appointed his brother, Travis, as “Director of Hydrogen Production/Infrastructure” to oversee this critical part of the business. Travis’s prior experience looks to have largely consisted of pouring concrete driveways and doing subcontractor work on home renovations in Hawaii.

And this piece of shit company still has a market cap of around $15 billion. Can you imagine the CEO of Ford announcing that he is proud to announce his brother as director of powertrain engineering. Prior to this important role at Ford, his brother managed the shoe return desk at the local Bowl-o-Rama. 

As an added note, how happy do you think the folks at Hindenburg were when NKLA popped up 50% earlier in the week. I imagine they made a pretty penny knowing they had this bomb ready to drop. 

Edited by Blotto

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Hindenburg and Hydrogen....stop me if you have heard this before...

Why “Hindenburg”?

We view the Hindenburg as the epitome of a totally man-made, totally avoidable disaster. Almost 100 people were loaded onto a balloon filled with the most flammable element in the universe. This was despite dozens of earlier hydrogen-based aircraft meeting with similar fates. Nonetheless, the operators of the Hindenburg forged ahead, adopting the oft-cited Wall Street maxim of “this time is different”.

We look for similar man-made disasters floating around in the market and aim to shed light on them before they lure in more unsuspecting victims.

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Brother?   Please don’t tell me you lost your ass in ALPP as well.  I did both.  At least there’s always the taxes. 

Nope only holding the shitbags AIM and IBIO. Made a nice profit on IBIO and then bought back lower and of course its only gone lower. Based on the hooker thread I was better off getting me one of them scholarly girls for an evening of chatting and fucking. 

• Haha 1