Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

21 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I know some of yall are in SNVP.

Their case result haven't been posted which at least means it probably got a judgement this time instead of another delay

Could be a dip on open though for people who held for after hours news but don't want to chance it especially if news doesn't come out early. I'm pretty confident so I'm buying if that happens

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Down to .0007 out of the gate.

3 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

I can’t even get my 0007 order to fill and it’s touched that like 4x today

How big are you going? There were more than a few people who got spooked and sold AON in million share blocks this morning. Now I bet they are smaller or getting gobbled up in partials... I just now saw a 500k order go through at .0007 though

3 hours ago, nycHorn said:

I can’t place 1M+ orders through Schwabs app. Says the quantity is invalid.
Currently I’m trying to get 650k at 7 through. It’s back down. Hopefully this time.

Continued again to 10/7. The defendant continues to show up unrepresented and judge has asked a second time for him to acquire some (why ask twice just drop the hammer?).  Which is strange, because the whole reason I originally got into this one was because the owner (who apparently keeps showing up in court) was supposedly dead...

Absolutely jump ship if your share price allows you to do so with profit, you'll be able to jump back in closer to the new date if you want at a lower pps. Otherwise just wait until 10/7, you could even grab some of the dump once it bottoms. I'd say if you see .0003s grab them, enough people are too deep at this point in the .0007s - .001s that eventually it will get back into that range come the next go around.

SNVP2.JPG

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Maybe not true stocks but I'm watching $SUMO and $AMWL as they both started trading today. Maybe Sumo can cash in on the SNOW wave.

I was thinking that SNOW would create an irrational and emotional groundswell for technology/cloud/digital-native organizations to pop and so I'm hoping to see SUMO do well.

Wanted to let you know about an anti-stonk (the opposite of /WSB) investment

Write up today about a mutual fund that mimic the Buffet investment strategy, has even front run Buffet himself on Kraft

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-mutual-fund-may-have-cracked-the-buffett-code-berkshire-hathaways-secret-sauce-2020-09-21?mod=home-page

For the 55 calendar years from 1965 through 2019, Berkshire Hathaway’s stock rose at an 18.6% annualized pace, versus 11.8% for the S&P 500 SPX, -1.11%  . (Both returns reflect reinvested dividends.) Warren Buffett can take credit for this, and he appears to be very much in charge of Berkshire. But, given that he just celebrated his 90th birthday, it’s clear that Buffett won’t be at the helm forever.

But if you invest in Berkshire B, +0.13%   BRK.B, +0.07%  or by following Buffett’s well-known investing principles, your portfolio returns likely won’t suffer after Buffett stops analyzing the markets and offering his insights.

How can I be so certain? Because some years ago a group of researchers broke the Buffett Code. They devised a mechanical investing strategy that would have done every bit as well as Buffett over the long term. It is testament to Buffett’s accomplishments that it took many researchers many attempts over many years before they figured out the Oracle of Omaha’s secrets.

The researchers who succeeded were three principals at AQR Capital Management, each of whom has strong academic credentials: Andrea Frazzini; David Kabiller, and Lasse Pedersen. The study, entitled “Buffett’s Alpha”, began circulating in academic circles in early 2012. (Berkshire Hathaway did not respond to an email seeking comment about this study.)

The exact specifics of the formula the researchers derived are beyond the scope of this column. In general it focuses on what might be called “cheap, safe stocks.” The formula favors issues that have low price-to-book-value ratios, have exhibited below-average volatility, and are from companies whose profits have been growing at an above-average pace and pay out a significant portion of their earnings as dividends.

One mutual fund that perhaps comes closest to employing the formula the researchers derived is offered, not surprisingly, by AQR: The AQR Large Cap Defensive Style Fund AUEIX, -1.00%  . The fund’s inception was in July 2012, soon after the research was completed.

So I go to look at this fund AUEIX, and I have a small problem with buying some shares.....that would be the $5 million minimum investment.
Hey how about we all chip in - what do you say, 10 of us at $500,000 each, or maybe 1,000 of us at $5,000 each

Not interested, okay I'll go back to hoping DECN, ALPP and FreeSex (FRSX) make that big move today

On 9/16/2020 at 11:08 AM, ChiTownDoc said:

Bought some NKLA options and also 20k to buy and hold.  Name has too much buzz not to pop really big at some point.  True STONKS fashion to go with an all hype brand.  So what that the semi truck they showed was a cardboard cutout.  I bet the thing has zero carbon emissions.  

I believe I’m doing STONKS properly fellas...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I'm jealous of your tax saving abilities.

NKLA has already made back half of the drop. He may be green by weeks end. I should be surprised, but nothing in this market surprises me. 

1.) Short seller levies fraud allegations

2.) Milton denies allegations and promises to refute them in their entirety. 

3.) Decides to resign instead. 

4.) Market.....nothing to see here, move along. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Blotto said:

NKLA has already made back half of the drop. He may be green by weeks end. I should be surprised, but nothing in this market surprises me. 

1.) Short seller levies fraud allegations

2.) Milton denies allegations and promises to refute them in their entirety. 

3.) Decides to resign instead. 

4.) Market.....nothing to see here, move along. 

Of course the shorts covered first.  It’s all a joke at this point.  

• Hook 'Em 1

anybody here playing SPI?

closed yesterday just over $1, currently trading at $26
a #stonk missed

Shares of SPI Energy on Wednesday were soaring an astonishing 3,100% on the session, following an announcement by the company that it was starting an electric-vehicle subsidiary. SPI Energy SPI, 2,643.20%, which is described as offering photovoltaic solutions for business, residential, government and utility customers and investors, saw its shares trade at $33.53 a share after closing on Tuesday at $1.05, according to FactSet data. The surge in the company's shares, has pushed its market value from roughly $15 million to around $460 million, the data show. The company on Wednesday said it launched its wholly owned subsidiary, EdisonFuture, which is intended to design and develop electric-vehicles and EV charging solutions. That would pit the company against the likes of Tesla Inc. TSLA, -10.31%, which is one of the most popular EV makers on the planet and a manufacturer of its own EV batteries. Xiaofeng Peng, CEO of SPI Energy, in a statement said: "As Tesla has demonstrated, an end-to-end business model in the renewable energy space can generate significant value. With the addition of EV and EV charging segments to our diverse solar business, we are positioning SPI Energy for the future of renewable energy."

So apparently just saying you are an EV subsidiary is worth about a half a billion in enterprise value, must be the NKLA investors looking for somewhere to put their funds

Edited by Wally Fairway

Haven't been bird-dogging my stonks lately but I had a GTC sell for the last of my $FTK at $3.00.  It got to $2.98 yesterday and is now down to $2.65.  I know better than to put in a sell order at an even dollar amount, but I keep doing it and keep missing out by a penny or two.  Oh well, these are house money shares so I'll hold them and might even add some more if it drops down closer to $2.25 or so.

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Virgin Galactic.  Because I’m always fashionably late to the party.  That’s expensive but nobody ever said being cool was cheap.  

Meh. I pared a good portion of my losses today, but think that the 4Q tests and 1Q2021 shooting Branson to space will provide a nice lift. 

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Meh. I pared a good portion of my losses today, but think that the 4Q tests and 1Q2021 shooting Branson to space will provide a nice lift. 

I have some options but will just hold the majority of what I have.  It would be nice if we get this serious pullback I keep hearing about.  Or I can keep wasting dry powder doing this type of stupid shit.  

28 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Is DraftKing a stonk?  Fucker is hot.

Indeed it is.  Am waiting for a pullback to 56 before getting in. Sports betting is in it's infancy and you best get on board.  Still holding IBIO, AIM, and took a position in NK at 7.35.   I think it’s entirely possible all current vaccines be delayed and alternative drug companies get some play.  By Christmas, there will be a frenzy for Covid stocks again. Trade them and make 100% gains inside hours.  Will also reenter ALT at 11.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Indeed it is.  Am waiting for a pullback to 56 before getting in. Sports betting is in it's infancy and you best get on board.  Still holding IBIO, AIM, and took a position in NK at 7.35.   I think it’s entirely possible all current vaccines be delayed and alternative drug companies get some play.  By Christmas, there will be a frenzy for Covid stocks again. Trade them and make 100% gains inside hours.  Will also reenter ALT at 11.  

Yea, I was gonna dump DFKG at around 40.  Thank God I didn't.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:56 PM, nycHorn said:

I can’t even get my 0007 order to fill and it’s touched that like 4x today

In my (recent) experience, if it's this hard to buy the shit, consider how hard it will be to sell. Take this as a sign to stay out...