Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

Something seems odd about this entire thing, but thats OTC stocks for you. The acquisition of a company with a handful of employees causes ALPP to increase from $.05 to $2.50 in 6 weeks? There are dozens of drone companies that are much further along, with greater funding and higher revenue (AVAV for instance), and there are hundreds of engineers that have left TSLA to work somewhere else. Yet somehow a combination of those two facts  allowed the acquisition of a company whose investors were willing to sell for a few million to spike  ALPP's valuation by 50X. If IA's inherent value is truly worth $200 million in market cap, why would the investors sell for a few million and let ALPP shareholders profit. What percentage of ALPP did the investors of IA get, because the market has determined that ALPP with IA is 50X more valuable than ALPP without IA. 

1 minute ago, shakahorn said:

Bought ALPP at .062, how cute, had to use that third decimal place.  Sold half at .16, more than double, again, how cute. 

So, sell half again at $3.50?

Depends on how much you have I suppose. Thinking about the tax implications at that level, if you can make it to a year on a big runner with LOTS of profit then you should. Some don't have the stability to support that decision, I personally think ALPP does, but I could be wrong. Some people will try to play that bounce too, sell and then rebuy.

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Something seems odd about this entire thing, but thats OTC stocks for you. The acquisition of a company with a handful of employees causes ALPP to increase from $.05 to $2.50 in 6 weeks? There are dozens of drone companies that are much further along, with greater funding and higher revenue (AVAV for instance), and there are hundreds of engineers that have left TSLA to work somewhere else. Yet somehow a combination of those two facts  allowed the acquisition of a company whose investors were willing to sell for a few million to spike  ALPP's valuation by 50X. If IA's inherent value is truly worth $200 million in market cap, why would the investors sell for a few million and let ALPP shareholders profit. What percentage of ALPP did the investors of IA get, because the market has determined that ALPP with IA is 50X more valuable than ALPP without IA. 

ALPP pre IA was SEVERELY undervalued I was beating that drum all summer it's why I held down 50% without blinking an eye. I think I posted in here back then that based on their businesses/revs/growth they were more like a $1-$2 stock than the pennies they were at. IA appears to be what pushed people to believe that plus more. ALPP also increases the value of IA because they are now vertically integrated with their manufacturer.

Also the OTC is stonkland and anything is possible

kevin garnett GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Also the OTC is stonkland and anything is possible

kevin garnett GIF

I'll believe that and its another reason that ALPP probably isnt heading to the big boards anytime soon.  Either the investors in IA had no idea of the value of their IP so they fucked up and gave it all away to ALPP shareholders, or the value of ALPP is much higher than it should be. ALPPs core revenue stream is low margin metal manufacturing and contract manufacturing. Here's a metal manufacturing business (GIFI) with revenues of $300 million and a market cap less than 1/5 of ALPP. 

All that being said, I hope that fucker runs to $20 and you get all the scotch. just saying the current valuation seems "off".

Edited by Blotto

45 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Now do TSLA it was $84 12/23/19, $36 the year before that and also in 2017 and now it's $625 (down from almost $700)

Valuation is whatever the market is trading - - just saying
I've been wrong more than I've been right, but when you get one right it can pay for a lot of wrongs (if you sell them before they absolutely die)

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Now do TSLA it was $84 12/23/19, $36 the year before that and also in 2017 and now it's $625 (down from almost $700)

Valuation is whatever the market is trading - - just saying
I've been wrong more than I've been right, but when you get one right it can pay for a lot of wrongs (if you sell them before they absolutely die)

Saying this made me go back an look up a company (ARWR) that I was #stonking in the mid 2000's and in and out of until it did a reverse splits in 2004 (1:65) and 2011, (1:10) - I made money getting in and out, but I rode it way to far down and finally got out after that 2nd reverse split. I haven't looked at it in at least 5+ years. 
No idea what happened, but from mid 2017 $5 it is now above $80. I'm not sure what any of the does, I do remember believing that nanotechnology was going to be the next big investing opportunity, and what else I've just learned is that you should never look back (it's like looking up an old girlfriend on social media.....just don't do it)

19 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

and what else I've just learned is that you should never look back (it's like looking up an old girlfriend on social media.....just don't do it)

Totally agree, I should have never looked back at fucking Digital Turbine (APPS).

That stock is like the old girlfriend that suddenly got in great shape and got some perfect implants and won the lottery. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Had a sell order for a small portion of my shares @ $2.60 and it finished at $2.59. Probably crash tomorrow.

dont you put that evil on me GIF

I need 3 more months to sell any of my original shares damnit

1 hour ago, bluto said:

I cashed out on alpp at 2.40 and just hit up RC on Venmo. Was in at 50c so today’s a good day. Will look to rebuy if the balloon pops.

celebrate i got you GIF by NBC Sports Chicago

Edited by RCRanger03

53 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I came late to this thread and almost grabbed some ALPP when it dipped below a dollar, but decided I didn’t want to chase. That was a mistake in hindsight, but probably the right call more often than not. Now I just have to see how much looking back will hurt on this one. 

True, but that's not stonking, that's investing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

NK’s founder, Patrick Soon-Shiong (who owns 70% of NK stock) was on CNBC this morning.  This is what money sounds like.

Yeah my bet on NK is based entirely on Patrick Soon-Shiong.  [csb] right after he bought out Magic's stake in the Lakers, I was lucky enough to get a pretty good seat at a Lakers game, like 4th row. Before the game, there's a stir under the basket and it's Ron Artest, by now retired, making an appearance. Everything settles down and he grabs a front row seat.  Couple minutes go by, Soon-Shiong comes in, and it turns out Artest is in his seat.  Artest gets sent packing, never to be seen again during the game. Probably didn't even have a ticket. [/csb]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

Yeah my bet on NK is based entirely on Patrick Soon-Shiong.  [csb] right after he bought out Magic's stake in the Lakers, I was lucky enough to get a pretty good seat at a Lakers game, like 4th row. Before the game, there's a stir under the basket and it's Ron Artest, by now retired, making an appearance. Everything settles down and he grabs a front row seat.  Couple minutes go by, Soon-Shiong comes in, and it turns out Artest is in his seat.  Artest gets sent packing, never to be seen again during the game. Probably didn't even have a ticket. [/csb]

Artest wasn’t seen again during the game because he left the arena.  He wanted to beat the crowd.

• Haha 3

I'm still in short-term gains territory for ALPP, so I've decided to hold.  If I sell now, I'll be paying taxes out my ass.  Anything >$2 once it hits long-term status (which is ~9 months from now), and I'm better off than I would be if I sold now.  If it hits $3, it's going to be damn tempting, though.

I'm still in short-term gains territory for ALPP, so I've decided to hold.  If I sell now, I'll be paying taxes out my ass.  Anything >$2 once it hits long-term status (which is ~9 months from now), and I'm better off than I would be if I sold now.  If it hits $3, it's going to be damn tempting, though.

I had to do the same, but also factored in the time value of having all those winnings tied up and dealing with the emotional rollercoaster of an OTC fluctuation. Wasn’t easy call though.

Long term capital gains and stonking sound like a dichotomy. If you have other losers you could always sell those as well to offset your gain if you are worried about taxes. It sounds like ALPP long term has some potential however if you looks at so many of these OTC stocks they have fallen from much higher highs so the odds of them continuing to grow over the course of a year sounds like quite the risk.

8 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Long term capital gains and stonking sound like a dichotomy. If you have other losers you could always sell those as well to offset your gain if you are worried about taxes. It sounds like ALPP long term has some potential however if you looks at so many of these OTC stocks they have fallen from much higher highs so the odds of them continuing to grow over the course of a year sounds like quite the risk.

I don't have anything remotely close to offset the gains I have on ALPP, thank God.  Well, the gains I would have if I sold.

17 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Had a sell order for a small portion of my shares @ $2.60 and it finished at $2.59. Probably crash tomorrow.

Don't look now then lol

11 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

You're right! I have watched $10k - $20k evaporate in a minute on a stonk 

Edited by RCRanger03

I has a sad looking at $FRSX living it's best life now, we had a good run baby I wish I still had a few shares

No joke man, looking back at MVIS, UAVS, FRSX.... damn we (you, really) were on some good shit. Good lesson on patience as I sold off my alpp.

My biggest stonk miss was DIIBF, Canadian company Dorel with a heavy bicycle brand component.
  • Rage+1 1

@RCRanger03 whats up with FPVD? Doesnt seem to be trading today, are they relisting to BigToken or some shit?

NVM. it was stuck on 40 shares since open which is odd for a stock averaging 40 million, bit now seems to be trading again as it just jumped up to 65040 volume.

Edited by Blotto

On 12/17/2020 at 12:30 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

UUUU +.35 at 3.49.  Up 11% today.  Over twice the normal volume.  Uranium/Rare earth metals play.  Energy Fuels (UUUU) is the most diversified uranium company in the USA. Debt free since November 2020, rare earth element commercial production begins early 2021, and clean up service of depleted mines getting attention from the government (a clean up service that gives Energy Fuels uranium and vanadium they find during the clean up, for free).  Took half a position today.  

UUUU +.34 at 3.97.  Up 9% today on mucho volume.  

35 minutes ago, Blotto said:

@RCRanger03 whats up with FPVD? Doesnt seem to be trading today, are they relisting to BigToken or some shit?

NVM. it was stuck on 40 shares since open which is odd for a stock averaging 40 million, bit now seems to be trading again as it just jumped up to 65040 volume.

It is eerily silent this morning. They haven't announced when the ticker would change. The new hotshot CEO randomly dying in the middle of the merger is probably a huge wrench in all of it. They haven't officially announced the new CEO but we managed to figure it out during LD Micro when they accidently showed a slide with it revealed. Seems like there will be a big flood of info all at once.

24 minutes ago, capnamerca said:

TSNP showing some little-engine-that-could vibes this week ... 

Q1 2021 is going to be their boom time anything still to come this year is gravy. 

Edited by RCRanger03

RC how long you been doing OTC? Not asking to bust balls as you’ve been very good to stonk team. I’m asking to see if this yr specifically has been an aberration or if you’ve seen otc’s gain steam with the massive influx of retail idiots (like us) during Covid.

3 hours ago, bluto said:

RC how long you been doing OTC? Not asking to bust balls as you’ve been very good to stonk team. I’m asking to see if this yr specifically has been an aberration or if you’ve seen otc’s gain steam with the massive influx of retail idiots (like us) during Covid.

No offense taken I've only dabbled in OTCs for few years, but nothing like I've done this year. Mostly I've been a big board guy. Remembering that I'm a career non-profit worker so high risk stuff isn't something I could swing unless it was with existing profits (which I did a little with mixed success lots of losses until I learned how different OTC was from the big board on charts and trader attitudes). In the time that I've been watching there have been runners of similar size gains that I have seen, but it didn't seem to happen as often

I convinced the wifey to throw my entire Stimulus into OTCs this year, both because she hates Trump and because I promised I'd make enough to pay for the small renovations she wants on the house 

$3.4k in March is $93k just on my OTCs as of this morning. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Drool 3

13 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

That is very impressive; it should make for a very nice renovation...with some left for more stonks

Was shooting for $100k if FPVD or XMET would cooperate by the end of the year. Also not including the Lagavulin fund or the Stonklympics, but the taxman doesn't need to know about that.

Edited by RCRanger03

4 hours ago, Spoosner said:

What is going on with FRSX? Time to sell?

I would, but I already did, so you're smarter than me

4 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

This board has been my hidden gem of the year.  Rc post your Venmo please so I can send something your way!

PM Sent

Edited by RCRanger03

Was shooting for $100k if FPVD or XMET would cooperate by the end of the year. Also not including the Lagavulin fund or the Stonklympics, but the taxman doesn't need to know about that.

I’m in with ya on FP and just had an unexpected limit order fill on xmet at 12, back on that damn train.

On 12/18/2020 at 3:34 PM, Wally Fairway said:

Yeah - I think the number I've read is that funds will need to add >$70 billion in TSLA to their portfolio, and that means selling about the same amount of everything else.
I'm gonna double down on my investment in that being disruptive and have a 2:1 strangle 12/23 expiry - so hoping for some sort of  swing

On 12/21/2020 at 10:56 AM, Wally Fairway said:

So my investment was to buy 20 $360 12/23 puts and 10 $372 12/23 calls - I've sold 12 of the puts and covered the entire cost of the strangle and can now sit back for a bit and see how this plays out.
And who knows why this move is happening - TSLA added to S&P (and related selling in everything else), new Rona variant, Stimulus, brrrrrrt machine restarting or not running through end of the year, daily Fed stopgap budgets to temp forestall a shutdown, Jupiter and Saturn conjunction, Aggy tears, Fitlump, ....

Good thing I decided to take some of this off the table on Monday - as I bought 20 $360 puts for $2,030 and 10 $372 calls for $1,020 that all expired today - on Monday I sold some of the puts when the market opened down and recouped just under $3,100 and the rest expired as I didn't cash them out yesterday for a few $100 (which was stupid and lazy). So all in all it wasn't bad, but I really expected more movement. 
Lesson - short term options is like going to the craps table, lots of excitement and you can think you have a plan but it is all really a roll of the dice (and Theta is a cold hearted bitch who loves to eat all your cash)

• Like 1

XMET court update from today. Makes me think they'll grant that between now and at latest the 1/8 status check. With how fast Lazar has been going seems like it might come early.  

image.png.61bc75f6f9cdbeffca6b3bda92b6129b.png

Also apparently there was only 1 claim asserted against XMET during the claims period, $600 to damn TA which shows what a dumbass Mario Pino was, that has been paid per David Lazar (I can't claim having acquired this document or email, but the ITA one looks the legit, and the email I'll follow up on)

xmet.thumb.jpg.930a9b84eb90235c1950f5536ec305ae.jpg

diapbInvoice.thumb.jpg.a0e18aa9444adca8ee08dffd5e32849e.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

What does that mean for xmet?  My position is tiny at 500 bucks so this is more out of curiosity than anything else.

It's a positive sign if that is the only claim and it was the TA so no external parties at all. I'll keep my eye on it for more updates.

I don't think the sale to Tian Wei / Wei Tian absolves David Lazar as the court appointed custodian. If so then the share reduction aspect could still very much be in play. Nevada Custodianships don't allow for R/S so there is no risk of that until you see termination in the court register. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Walte464 said:

I screwed up and didn’t get in on alpp, will get in on xmet 

I'm in both, they're not quite the same... XMET has much more potential for you to lose your ass. 

I wasn't ever worried about losing my ass on ALPP even when I was down 50% and $2k . I did stop buying which is a regret

The potential for glory is there for XMET, just don't sell your kidney to buy in

EOSE (EOS Energy Enterprises) +7.13 at 23.13.  Up 44% today.  The company makes zinc-ion batteries (think utility-scale clean energy storage) and went public a week before Thanksgiving. Zinc is emerging as a key challenger to lithium-ion batteries in utility-scale energy storage.  One of the things I dug up during DD that makes EOSE such an intriguing play is the role of Audrey Zibelman.  She has two new jobs after leaving as CEO of the Australian Energy Market Operator less than three months ago. She’s head of (Google) X and on the board of EOS energy.  X wants to play in the space and compete with Tesla and I would think that EOS energy is well on their radar.   I took half a position at 13.75 and another half at 15.09.  I didn’t share EOSE with the board because I was unsure if this would become a stonk.  So much for that.  Not buying at this level. Waiting for a pullback to 17-18 and will buy more for a total of 12,000 shares.  This thing’s going to be yuuuuuge.