Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

59 minutes ago, bluto said:

Was bag holding a few thousand shares for months as it effed around in the 80c range with me at 1.15.... once back to even I sold in nov I think.

I got caught by a standing limit order at $2 womp womp. I made a few grand, could have been a few dozen grand now. EDIT oh shit I just realized I have 3 shares of FRSX in my old Robinhood account. Beer money baby!

XMET getting some legs

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Hook 'Em 1

speaking of long forgotten shit. I bought 500 shares of RESN in mid 2018 (cost ~4.00) which promptly went in the shitter and dipped as low as $1 in march. It was always a long term play so I pretty much forgot about it. Noticed that it has gone from about $2.50 to $6.00+ in the last month. Basically a gamble that their tools for designing RF filters are in fact a game changer. Not really a recommendation as they still aren't really generating much revenue, but if they can capture even a small share of RF filter market (IP/royalty model) there's some potential with 5G and all sorts of new wireless communications devices (satellite broadband etc...) on the horizon. It would only take a few key wins in the cellular handset space to juice this fucker.....but they could also never hit stride, and just fade away. At least the last two quarters show some evidence of adoption. 

7 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Are you guys holding your positions through the inauguration? I'm debating selling some off in case some crazy shit goes down tomorrow

Scared money dont make money. There is a "civil war" going on if you watch the news. Market dont give a fuck, ATHs ATHS!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NateHitch said:

Are you guys holding your positions through the inauguration? I'm debating selling some off in case some crazy shit goes down tomorrow

I've lost (opportunity cost) a decent amount the last year due to these fears, I am now trying to focus on longer term. Staying long, with some limited puts to hedge against a slip of 10% or more, but also buying LEAP calls to try to make up for the put costs by making more (because stocks only go up)

I think that the Biden/Yellen team will support continuing the Fed brrrrrrt machine at least until the direct economic impact (unemployment, lockdowns, etc) of COVID-19 are behind us. Once the Fed slows the flow, that is when some weeding out happens from the stronger companies and those that are being propped up.

• Like 1

Over the weekend I spent a few minutes identifying some stonks for further review. one of which was UAPC although i don't even really remember why, might have been a volume screen of some sort. In any case it closed at .004 on Friday and at one point it touched .022 this morning. I was somewhat displeased on missing out, but the reason for the 400%+ gain (since has settled back down to .011) is about as stonky as it gets : 

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UAPC INC. (OTC Pink: UAPC) announces the appointment of professional wrestler, actor, and entrepreneur, Rob Van Dam (RVD), as the new Chairman of the Board. Rob Van Dam is the Only Wrestler in history to have held the WWE Championship, the ECW World Heavyweight Championship, and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Rob Van Dam (RVD)
During his nearly three decades in the squared circle, Rob Van Dam set himself apart for being an equal parts charismatic personality and one of the highest flying wrestlers in all of the promotions he’s wrestled for. Starting from humble roots in local house shows in Michigan, Van Dam’s illustrious career as “The Whole F'n Show” has resulted in an endless number of championships across Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW), Total Nonstop Action (TNA), and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).

Throughout the course of much of his career, Van Dam has been an open advocate for community and the medicinal uses of the cannabis plant. Whether incorporating hints of 4/20 and cannabis culture into his wrestling persona with slogans such as “RVD 420” which translates to “means I just smoked your ass” or displaying the passion for the plant’s several medicinal uses across countless interviews, Van Dam’s passion for cannabis-based medicines and culture has always been apparent.

After missing out on that goldmine, I just said fuck it and threw some stonk money at the other stonk I had scribbled down: PLRTF. Why? Fuck it, I know they make drones for threat protection or some shit. If ALPP has taught me anything, its that drones = 100x appreciation in stonk price, even  if those drones generate zero revenue. Thats it. Thats my thesis.  In at a price of .35 and a relatively subdued market cap of $16 million. 

http://www.plyrotech.com

Edited by Blotto
decimal places are hard

29 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Over the weekend I spent a few minutes identifying some stonks for further review. one of which was UAPC although i don't even really remember why, might have been a volume screen of some sort. In any case it closed at .004 on Friday and at one point it touched .22 this morning. I was somewhat displeased on missing out, but the reason for the 400%+ gain (since has settled back down to .011) is about as stonky as it gets : 

After missing out on that goldmine, I just said fuck it and threw some stonk money at the other stonk I had scribbled down: PLRTF. Why? Fuck it, I know they make drones for threat protection or some shit. If ALPP has taught me anything, its that drones = 100x appreciation in stonk price, even  if those drones generate zero revenue. Thats it. Thats my thesis.  In at a price of .35 and a relatively subdued market cap of $16 million. 

http://www.plyrotech.com

That same group is behind FONU which I had a few million shares that didn't do much of anything for a long while.  I ended up moving it into my TSNP holding. 

Edited by RCRanger03

Not a bad day at all. SNVP even broke out of its .0005-.0007 cycle and hit .0008. Picked up some EGOC based on a recommendation from a coworker who got it from Texags. Pure speculation but its cheap and already up for me.

Lmfao stonk underworld I did the same on egoc

And I couldn’t help but take some profits on Tsnp after seeing how it reacts to typical news/PR. Still holding a major position though.

36 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Not a bad day at all. SNVP even broke out of its .0005-.0007 cycle and hit .0008. Picked up some EGOC based on a recommendation from a coworker who got it from Texags. Pure speculation but its cheap and already up for me.

I had one of those days as well . For some reason, about 1/3 of my portfolio was up 10% or higher today, and my largest holding LGND was up another 6% after being on a pretty solid tear of late. The best day my portfolio has had since the glory days of the market crash when i was balls deep in puts I picked up in February. Strange because the market wasn't that strong today. I guess I will try to remember days like this when things go the opposite direction, or I stubbornly buy puts thinking the market will act rationally (looking at you DASH and my stupid gamble on Aug puts that are already down 40%). 

Biggest headscratcher was AIRG (wireless antenna OEM) up 33% today and going strong after hours. No press release, it just shot up like a mfer right before close, could be an acquisition I guess. I'm in at a cost of $11, but I started picking up shares in 2017, and was basically flat until a couple of months ago. That along with RESN meant my wireless plays had a pretty solid day. 

Made a pretty big profit (for me) on a GME call this morning that I want to throw on either TSNP or ALPP. Already in pretty deep on both. At these prices which would y'all recommend? ALPP seems like the more immediate return but can obviously get a lot more TSNP for the money currently. Split the difference? Pay a student loan instead(lol nahhhhh)?

Edited by Hank_Hill

12 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Made a pretty big profit (for me) on a GME call this morning that I want to throw on either TSNP or ALPP. Already in pretty deep on both. At these prices which would y'all recommend? ALPP seems like the more immediate return but can obviously get a lot more TSNP for the money currently. Split the difference? Pay a student loan instead(lol nahhhhh)?

ALPP and TSNP are both gapping PM, and RSI is hot if you're already holding maybe wait for a pullback on profit taker sell before the news of CC Friday for TSNP

12 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

ALPP and TSNP are both gapping PM, and RSI is hot if you're already holding maybe wait for a pullback on profit taker sell before the news of CC Friday for TSNP

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HoustonHorn said:

where are you seeing these estimate?

I'll probably take a little profit over $4 and then hope it drops back into the 2s for a reload.

I think you missed your boat. This dipped because there was a lull. You have the investor call and nasdaq coming up. 

Just now, TechTech said:

I think you missed your boat. This dipped because there was a lull. You have the investor call and nasdaq coming up. 

I bought twice on the dip at $2.85 and $2.15. I cashed out on some on the original ride up at $3.10 and $4.62, but I still have quite a few shares at $0.06. Would be nice to have one more opportunity to get in for some more though.

37 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

where are you seeing these estimate?

I'll probably take a little profit over $4 and then hope it drops back into the 2s for a reload.

I mean speculation from holders that have been in it from the jump so not exactly super concrete info haha

16 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

MARA taking a dump. Buy the dip!

Here's where that came from ... my entire Coinbase portfolio took a 10% hit with this b**** started running her mouth (no CR).

Cryptocurrencies are “a particular concern” when it comes to terrorist financing, potential Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said Tuesday.

https://www.coindesk.com/janet-yellen-says-cryptocurrencies-are-a-concern-in-terrorist-financing