Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

18 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

What's the Robinhood draw? easier? don't need special approval to trade options?

A friend shared a link to join Robinhood and we both got a free stock when I funded the account. I guess it’s random and it was one share of Ford (F). I also wanted to keep it on a separate platform as my primary accounts. I started with $700. 

It is really easy to use and you can buy crypto on it...but I go all in on one stock at a time. Unfortunately I can’t OTC and had to open a TD account for that.

Thanks to this thread and Stocktwits...I’ve done ok so far.

So back in the day of our stock contest I fucked around with DPLS, mainly because it was bouncing between .0001 and .0002. I actually executed that trade a few times on Etrade, but the volume was falling and it became hard to buy/sell so i kind of forgot about it. Just noticed that fucker at .015 this morning. Probably should held, lulz.

17 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

A friend shared a link to join Robinhood and we both got a free stock when I funded the account. I guess it’s random and it was one share of Ford (F). I also wanted to keep it on a separate platform as my primary accounts. I started with $700. 

It is really easy to use and you can buy crypto on it...but I go all in on one stock at a time. Unfortunately I can’t OTC and had to open a TD account for that.

Thanks to this thread and Stocktwits...I’ve done ok so far.

I have a buddy always trying to send me his link to join but I never have. TD has always done fine for me and does not go down like Robinhood on those busy Autist days. I guess a separate "play" account might be a good idea.

2 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

It's disappointing that I chose to concentrate on my job over the last year rather than this board and wsb... the latter two would have been way more lucrative

I feel you. I've made 400% my annual salary in the last 2 months just doing a little here and there on coffee breaks from March - November and DD in the evenings. I spent more time posting on surly about it than actually trading... 

3 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

What is the target for TSNP? All of the GME talk and I can’t find the consensus on TSNP. Thanks for the help!!

I have no idea, I'm just not even looking at it personally. I took it off my trading view on ThinkorSwim and have alerts on major dips or runs, so that I hold it. Trying not to make the mistake I did on ALPP selling 50% so early. I'm already on free shares why the hell not let it just grow into a potential monster. That said I would buy more if it went back to the $0.20s, but I would also rather never let it see that again

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

My options value wont update from yesterday. I think they broke it.

Schwab is showing GME options, across the board, with no prices - shit seems to be borked up pretty bad

I'm guessing the market maker for the options likely has some imbalance issues and software can't figure shit out

Edited by Wally Fairway

16 hours ago, Blotto said:

Friday $370 SPY Puts (implying a ~3.5% drop) seemed pretty cheap ($0.22) so I bought a chunk. In reality, GME is probably way too insignificant to really to spark a contagion, but what the hell. Im still pissed for not buying the $80 calls I had loaded up this morning. I tripped over my panties on the way to hit "enter" and now look at me.....gambling on SPY puts like a degen. 

Sold 20 % of those puts to cover the cost of the investment and then some. got 80% left to see if this turns into something. 

• Like 1