Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

54 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This interview was painful to watch not just this clip. He kept talking about fed interest rates and at least he admitted he didn't know anything about gamestop. Bit after saying he didn't know anything, he'd double down with "here's the thing" and go off on this off topic rant. Dude has no clue what the GME thing is about.

55 minutes ago, LABEVO said:

Prison. Pound me in the Ass prison.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Es1wt3RUcAAT3Zc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Joker / WSB lol

Also.... is there a glitch in the matrix or did this not happen?

image.thumb.png.1432a7664ce91a690067a10cc4bb73cb.png

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Every revolution needs a head to cut off. I wonder if the Big Cigars throw him under the bus.

Griffin and Citadel are probably the biggest of big cigars on WS. Citadel is entrenched in all facets of making the market. I’m pretty sure most of the daily volume is ran through one of Citadel’s subsidiaries. 

26 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Just open a new account and do an AFAC transfer.  Transfer the positions as is and you don't have to sell them.  

Already had the fidelity account.  Just moved over my longer term positions, and might send over more.  Some I am going to cash out.  Will make the transition.  Still pissed off that RH did what they did.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Dropped a lode on the DOGE! To the moon!

I 2x'ed my money on DOGE in 2 hours.

If this really does erode consumer/retail confidence in traditional investments, crypto is the natural beneficiary. And I would imagine that rising tide lifts all crap-coins, but especially the WSB fan faves and potential meme-coins.

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

As someone who bought like $200 of ethereum like 3 years ago and then promptly lost the 56 digit key i needed to access it, does anyone have suggestions on best way to enter crypto markets for idiots like me?

Buy from one of the major exchanges and leave it there. Gemini or Coinbase. Don't worry about using your wallet unless your balance gets large and/or you're afraid of an exchange hack.  Or buy from Cash (from Square) app or Paypal.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Foosters said:

As someone who bought like $200 of ethereum like 3 years ago and then promptly lost the 56 digit key i needed to access it, does anyone have suggestions on best way to enter crypto markets for idiots like me?

you could buy the equitized ethereum tracker, ETHE.

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He lives in my building.  HumbleBrag and all that...

Anyways, I can leave a nice thank you note if Surly can find the proper words.  

you may have a hard time exiting your lovely condo at no. 9 walton in a few days.  and i'm pretty sure he basically lives in everyone's building looking at his real estate rundown.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/citadel-ceo-ken-griffin-real-estate-11602188980

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I 2x'ed my money on DOGE in 2 hours.

If this really does erode consumer/retail confidence in traditional investments, crypto is the natural beneficiary. And I would imagine that rising tide lifts all crap-coins, but especially the WSB fan faves and potential meme-coins.

This is a close second on shit young me would read about investment advice and offing myself.  Ja Rule still number one but  JFC.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

same spike happened with AMC.

weird, not seeing it but with everything going on who the fuck actually knows.

Regarding AMC....

After being all about it yesterday I can't for the life of me remember why lol... The real money making potential seems to be based on short positions coming due and holding the line for that (regarding GME at least and a lot of the other WSB darlings)

AMC isn't that shorted is it? AMCX is. I'm not finding AMC on those lists really lol. WTF is that one of the darling companies other than nostalgia and reddit/twatter hype (which I'm here for LFG)?

I'm in for the ride regardless. But after explaining to my buddy what was going on with GME I realized I don't actually know wtf is going on with AMC haha 😅

Just now, sidis said:

you may have a hard time exiting your lovely condo at no. 9 walton in a few days.  and i'm pretty sure he basically lives in everyone's building looking at his real estate rundown.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/citadel-ceo-ken-griffin-real-estate-11602188980

He’s building his unit out at number 9.  Still at his old place...

Rumor on no 9 is they made up some BS price w that building’s developer on what he paid to cause all the sheep to overpay.  It worked.  He doesn’t seem to have plans to move in anytime soon.  

7 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

weird, not seeing it but with everything going on who the fuck actually knows.

Regarding AMC....

After being all about it yesterday I can't for the life of me remember why lol... The real money making potential seems to be based on short positions coming due and holding the line for that (regarding GME at least and a lot of the other WSB darlings)

AMC isn't that shorted is it? AMCX is. I'm not finding AMC on those lists really lol. WTF is that one of the darling companies other than nostalgia and reddit/twatter hype (which I'm here for LFG)?

I'm in for the ride regardless. But after explaining to my buddy what was going on with GME I realized I don't actually know wtf is going on with AMC haha 😅

this was the spike I saw on google finance. perhaps just a glitch.

AMC - Copy.JPG

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Foosters said:

There is a Cryptocurrencies thread on Surly which is also under 6th Street Journal.  I've never bought crypto before and that's where I'm going to learn about it.  May God have mercy on my soul.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Hydraulics.

this will never not be funny to me...every single time...it conjures the image of some poor bastard walking around Tomball getting harassed via text by unhinged lunatics on this website responding on his phone with no knowledge what was happening "I'm in hydraulics."  and every single time, i gut laugh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

ALPP crawling through the muck and doom of today to get back to even...

giphy.gif

I bought a metric shit load of it at around 3.4 this morning.  Kept buying.  Let’s roll.

My biggest holdings by far now are AlPP, TSNP, AMYZF, and UUUU, in that order.  All picks by our stonker overlords.

And fifth is PFMS, lol.

Edited by Hefeweizen
Fuck Tom Herman
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He’s building his unit out at number 9.  Still at his old place...

Rumor on no 9 is they made up some BS price w that building’s developer on what he paid to cause all the sheep to overpay.  It worked.  He doesn’t seem to have plans to move in anytime soon.  

Sounds like a standup guy.

I'm clearly doing the stonk thing wrong, as @Harrison Stafford sent me down a wormhole with AMYZF. I know it's purely speculative, but anyone know if it's a stronger play than ABML (ABTC)? AMYZF has a patented process, ABML is claiming a proprietary process and has some former Tesla guys on board. Just trying to figure out which one is more legit.

I bought a metric shit load of it at around 3.4 this morning.  Kept buying.  Let’s roll.

My biggest holdings by far now are AlPP, TSNP, AMYZF, and UUUU, in that order.  All picks by our stonker overlords.
And fifth is PFMS, lol.

Same here, I went full tilt on pennies around lunch time.

Interactive Brokers was also restricting GME by only allowing you to close positions, so you could sell if already long, but could buy if you were short. TD Ameritrade let me buy it around noon after I was finally able to merely log in to their app. Picked up 3 shares to help the cause, don't care if it goes to $0. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, bluto said:

Same here, I went full tilt on pennies around lunch time.

ALPP's only a penny if it's under $5 and on OTC... both of which are going away a week from tomorrow. Congrats on anyone who bough $2s / low $3s  on these dips. 

PFMS bid never filled. I may regret not chasing for .0038s

Edited by RCRanger03