Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

This game is being strung out until the shorts are due right. it's still shorted over 100%. If we know that they will beat the price down and the retail are going to keep buying after  because the short amount is valuable and fuck them up pay your stupid ass risky position, it's a yoyo. Might as well play it? I don't have much else to do tomorrow haha
http://isthesqueezesquoze.com/

You think they wont be able to keep price down like they did today while they cleared 30%+ of their short interest

Just now, hayden_horn said:

that's a great idea until the platforms halt buy orders, but not sell orders. you could get caught out. that's exactly what happened today and it was by fucking design. criminal behavior in broad daylight. the platforms shielded the hedge funds from the retail buyers, and they got to artificially lower the price so they could load up and mitigate their losses. i'm a stock market idiot, but even i could see what was happening.

fyi, cnbc is going to have the ceo of robinhood on here in a bit. will be interesting to see his bullshit dissembling.

That's kind of the plan, if there is a surge, gtfo because you know fuckery is imminent. then when it's available at the lower price, go all in again and then some. ride the reload train best you can.

Worst case [big if's here] is you get out before a crash and they halt it totally. Rather have cash in hand than frozen stock that is "getting fixed"

Best case you anticipate their repeated bullshit and capitalize just the same and double down on the reup.

Sounds so easy . YOLO

3 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

You think they wont be able to keep price down like they did today while they cleared 30%+ of their short interest

I'm eagerly awaiting how they do it again tomorrow after literally erasing the buy button for hours today on a large platform. This whole thing is wild

Glad i'm on Fidelity and not RH. But the reality is nothing is safe from this shit and it's all a big risk. I'm here for it though.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

One of the commentators on CNBC just called wallstreetbets the "deep web". 

jesus christ 

Their conversation around this has shown clearly that 

A) They are steering a narrative to protect the image of hedge funds...... Pretending like they didn't stick their dick in a blender and got mad someone turned it on

B) Some of the olds have no fucking clue what's going on. None what so ever. Clueless billionares

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The voice of outrage needs to be someone other than Dave Portnoy. The guy has zero knowledge of the workings of Wall Street. He gets his trading ideas from his legion of bros commenting on his live Twitter feed. It’s amazing that he’s constantly quoted on CNBC and other financial media as if he’s some expert. I’m not saying the gist of what he’s saying is wrong but he has no credibility. 

And CNBC does at this point?

1 minute ago, We’reTexas said:

🚀🚀🚀 This rocket is going to take off harder than the first time our wives let their boyfriends try anal, and we’ll all be dipping tendies in champagne on the moon. 

This is seriously what happens to your brain when you start reading wallstreetbets. All of this makes total sense and I know exactly what you are saying. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

30 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

that's a great idea until the platforms halt buy orders, but not sell orders.

this is the fucking problem.

markets have circuit breakers.  they are meant to pause the momentum (up OR down), let everyone have a breather and reassess their conviction, and resume.  nobody has a problem with that.  NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO TRADE. 

but hey, you can stoke fear and let everybody sell, but only a fractional group to buy?  fuck that

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

jesus christ 

Their conversation around this has shown clearly that 

A) They are steering a narrative to protect the image of hedge funds...... Pretending like they didn't stick their dick in a blender and got mad someone turned it on

B) Some of the olds have no fucking clue what's going on. None what so ever. Clueless billionares

i fear that they do, but they knowingly want to propagandize this message to main st that their adversary are deep-web-trumpist-hacker-virgins

3 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

i fear that they do, but they knowingly want to propagandize this message to main st that their adversary are deep-web-trumpist-hacker-virgins

i really on saw the segment posted earlier with that 80 something year old blabbering about 1% interest rates from the fed and people sitting at home getting stimmy checks. dude wasn't even on topic of the conversation. Dementia bitch.

edit - you're probably right btw. That one idiot just was on another planet

Edited by cam4mav

I believe the argument for Bitcoin and alt currency is going to gain some massive steam due to all this insanity with stocks going close to 1000% a day. See GBR today.

What is the true value of a dollar? A renminbi? A peso? A pound?

The curtains are rising on who says what x is worth and it’s complete horse shit.

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Question for the traders here. I’ve historically held the view that it’s really difficult for individuals to do technical trading (maybe with fundamental mixed in). As a result I never considered learning technical trading and trying to make decent money trading. 

For a number of reasons I don’t want to get into, I’ve started thinking about doing it. What are the thoughts from folks on here? I do not work currently and not planning to for awhile. Can you make money trading?

Can you make money trading? Absolutely.  Can you beat the market over the long term?  I don't know about you but I doubt I can.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you mean the ceo was a joke? it was a painful interview to watch. if you don't plan to be able to answer the hard questions, you should just release a statement. he had no answers. 

Yes.

the interview 

the answers

ARS letting him slide with nonsense 

the whole fucking thing

17 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

This is how close we were to winning the game

https://youtu.be/7RH4XKP55fM?t=178

from that reddit link:

Thomas Peterffy, CM Interactive Brokers, just said on Bloomberg short squeezing is ILLEGAL, and they CLOSED OUT POSITIONS FOR THEIR CLIENTS, most of which were SHORT. This is just ADMITTING MARKET MANIPULATION? Don't allow BUYERS, but still CLOSE HEDGE FUNDS SHORTS?

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

Is he saying that when we win we ALL lose? Lulz

Exactly. If wsb “wins” by breaking the shorts, everyone and I mean everyone else will lose. 

I am still rooting for them because I don’t think it will happen. But if a few hedge funds are forced to liquidate all other positions to cover the whole fucking market is going to come crashing down. 

2 hours ago, 936horn said:

RH and other brokers saying they'll allow trading tomorrow (now that they let their hedge fund buddies cover their positions at more reasonable prices). It's about to touch 300 AH and I am right back in it. Tomorrow is gonna be absolutely wild. No doubt the institutional guys will be on the long side now as well. I expect them to ride it up then drive it right back down and profit on both sides. Will have to be careful to not get caught holding the bag tomorrow.

The institutional guys are already long, like 120% long.  

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Question for the traders here. I’ve historically held the view that it’s really difficult for individuals to do technical trading (maybe with fundamental mixed in). As a result I never considered learning technical trading and trying to make decent money trading. 

For a number of reasons I don’t want to get into, I’ve started thinking about doing it. What are the thoughts from folks on here? I do not work currently and not planning to for awhile. Can you make money trading?

Yes, but I only trade stocks which I’m prepared to hold as a core position in case the trade works against me.  It is NOT a fast and easy way to make money.

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Do not set stop orders.  Set limit orders.  

So about those stops.  Read something along these lines on wsb.  RH apparently sells their data to Citadel, so Citadel can see all the RH stops, and can use that information given their relationship/bail out of Mervin to help set strategy to clear those stops and buy back in on the lower side of things.  Is that how that game works?

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So about those stops.  Read something along these lines on wsb.  RH apparently sells their data to Citadel, so Citadel can see all the RH stops, and can use that information given their relationship/bail out of Mervin to help set strategy to clear those stops and buy back in on the lower side of things.  Is that how that game works?

Yes. That’s why it’s “free” trading. You’re the product. They sell their order flow to Citadel Et al who then use it to their advantage

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Stop orders are absolutely viewable on level 3 charts.   Stops are also bad because once the price drops through the stop price, you get the next price available.  That could be anything below that price.   Limits aren’t definite, but they do allow you some protection against a vacuum loss.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Yes. That’s why it’s “free” trading. You’re the product. They sell their order flow to Citadel Et al who then use it to their advantage

but also, virtually all brokerages sell their order flow.  not just to citadel (though they are the biggest buyers) but to g1x, wolverine, 2 sigma, and on and on and on

Stop orders are absolutely viewable on level 3 charts.   Stops are also bad because once the price drops through the stop price, you get the next price available.  That could be anything below that price.   Limits aren’t definite, but they do allow you some protection against a vacuum loss.  

Stop orders are absolutely not viewable in level 3.

You're confusing stops triggering market sells with stops triggering limit sells. A stop triggering a market sell will get you out at any price. A stop triggering a limit sell will send an order out with a limit as to the worst price you can get filled. In a limit order you can get price improved but you run the risk of not getting filled at all if the price action moves too fast before you can get filled.

looking back at the volume and price chart now. 

gapped from 20 to 30 on january 12th and volume jumped.  ramped steadily towards 40 on friday, and on monday jan 25 the ultramadness really kicked off. 

is it not possible this timeline:

1.  they got really spooked on the 12th , and started discreetly buying back to cover. 

2.  towards friday things were heating up and pricing, public sentiment, went rapidly up, they continued covering.

3.  they probably realized , after having written off the loss of the original short, that there is a huge exploit to be made here...by stoking a short squeeze!

4.  farm out groundroots support ("fuck those hedge guys!"), get them to buy in a frenzy, and open new short positions at  300, 350, 500, etc.  [daddy Cohen and Griffin is bankrolling you after all]

5.  play out the fear scenario, drive the stock to 200.  you've just netted $300 (500-200) per short. 

6.  retail resist and think #5 was orchestrated (it was)... sell them the top again, and collect at the bottom

okay i guess im going full-on Pepe Silvia at that point, and the SI chart tracked over #1-2-3-4 should be able to disprove this easily

looking back at the volume and price chart now. 
gapped from 20 to 30 on january 12th and volume jumped.  ramped steadily towards 40 on friday, and on monday jan 25 the ultramadness really kicked off. 

is it not possible this timeline:
1.  they got really spooked on the 12th , and started discreetly buying back to cover. 
2.  towards friday things were heating up and pricing, public sentiment, went rapidly up, they continued covering.
3.  they probably realized , after having written off the loss of the original short, that there is a huge exploit to be made here...by stoking a short squeeze!
4.  farm out groundroots support ("fuck those hedge guys!"), get them to buy in a frenzy, and open new short positions at  300, 350, 500, etc.  [daddy Cohen and Griffin is bankrolling you after all]
5.  play out the fear scenario, drive the stock to 200.  you've just netted $300 (500-200) per short. 
6.  retail resist and think #5 was orchestrated (it was)... sell them the top again, and collect at the bottom

okay i guess im going full-on Pepe Silvia at that point, and the SI chart tracked over #1-2-3-4 should be able to disprove this easily

Isn’t there something to be said for them having to borrow a couple billion in that timeline as well.

3 minutes ago, bluto said:

Isn’t there something to be said for them having to borrow a couple billion in that timeline as well.

the couple $Bs is supposedly to meet margin BECAUSE they got fucked when price doubled from 20 to 40.  

it wasnt for ammo to put on new short positions at $400/share.

atleast i dont think so.  nobody knows that except their prime broker. 

so what i wrote was probably a #pepesilvia scenario