Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

13 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

looking back at the volume and price chart now. 

gapped from 20 to 30 on january 12th and volume jumped.  ramped steadily towards 40 on friday, and on monday jan 25 the ultramadness really kicked off. 

is it not possible this timeline:

1.  they got really spooked on the 12th , and started discreetly buying back to cover. 

2.  towards friday things were heating up and pricing, public sentiment, went rapidly up, they continued covering.

3.  they probably realized , after having written off the loss of the original short, that there is a huge exploit to be made here...by stoking a short squeeze!

4.  farm out groundroots support ("fuck those hedge guys!"), get them to buy in a frenzy, and open new short positions at  300, 350, 500, etc.  [daddy Cohen and Griffin is bankrolling you after all]

5.  play out the fear scenario, drive the stock to 200.  you've just netted $300 (500-200) per short. 

6.  retail resist and think #5 was orchestrated (it was)... sell them the top again, and collect at the bottom

okay i guess im going full-on Pepe Silvia at that point, and the SI chart tracked over #1-2-3-4 should be able to disprove this easily

no.  the escalation was caused by options market makers having to cover their gamma.  unless you're saying part of the plan was to buy loads of calls to force that gamma play.  it's possible but improbable as the amount of capital committed vs probability of the trade materializing in that time frame would have made for a really bad risk/reward trade.  and you just didn't see the volume rolling over from one week to the next you would expect to see.  i will say someone last friday was extremely interested in keeping the price right at the $65 level which incidentally had a huge # of options.

5 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

no.  the escalation was caused by options market makers having to cover their gamma.  unless you're saying part of the plan was to buy loads of calls to force that gamma play.  it's possible but improbable as the amount of capital committed vs probability of the trade materializing in that time frame would have made for a really bad risk/reward trade.  and you just didn't see the volume rolling over from one week to the next you would expect to see.  i will say someone last friday was extremely interested in keeping the price right at the $65 level which incidentally had a huge # of options.

for sure, the risk/reward is outlandish to go double up on the original tenuous position at this price level.  this answer is 99.95% likelihood scenario.

im just trying to hypothesize the 0.05% event that they could have  masterminded the biggest single-stock double-dupe of main st in history...

Edited by 52-80
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Wish I could have added to my AMC today but those jagoffs still won't let me buy.

Why are people hot on AMC besides meme hype? It's not super shorted like GME right? Right?!?!

I literally forgot why after dropping almost 1k into it. Ride or Die..... but I want to know why 🤣

If AMC get's a bump tomorrow I'm likely to sell it and have that cash handy to continue the GME insanity. 

How do we know those GME shorts are coming due and not already sold then repurposed like @52-80 hypothesized?

Does anybody know anything? How does any of this work?! Nobody knows. Diamond Hands. YOLO MOON TENDIES

Just now, cam4mav said:

Why are people hot on AMC besides meme hype? It's not super shorted like GME right? Right?!?!

I literally forgot why after dropping almost 1k into it. Ride or Die..... but I want to know why 🤣

If AMC get's a bump tomorrow I'm likely to sell it and have that cash handy to continue the GME insanity. 

How do we know those GME shorts are coming due and not already sold then repurposed like @52-80 hypothesized?

Does anybody know anything? How does any of this work?! Nobody knows. Diamond Hands. YOLO MOON TENDIES

I don't remember the number last I saw but AMC had high SI% - but not that extreme. 

Theres a combination of short squeeze attacks following the lead of GME; their shorters covering to get out ahead of time; tendency for memesphere to pile on low-priced companies with name-recognition (like Hertz last summer)

But the reason you shouldnt fuck around with AMC is they might issue new shares soon and put the needle through the balloon

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amc-ent-holdg-capitalraise-exclusive-idUSKBN29Y03C

The only thing for certain, some serious people were going to lose a shitload of money in the last week. There is zero explanation for all the fuckery and disinformation beyond this. This is a wakeup to rethink the game for Wallstreet. They will get rid of retail imo. They don't want this sort of thing to ever happen again. Now that the masses know how easy it is to break the system, they will not relent until it either happens or more likely, is stopped by new rules. 

7 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

meme hype.  This is #stonks, not investing.  I trust that the retards will focus on AMC next, or simultaneously.  AMC getting shut out today with GME probably works in its favor.  

And at this point, I'm so pissed at Wall St, I want to help make a point.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

The only thing for certain, some serious people were going to lose a shitload of money in the last week. There is zero explanation for all the fuckery and disinformation beyond this. This is a wakeup to rethink the game for Wallstreet. They will get rid of retail imo. They don't want this sort of thing to ever happen again. Now that the masses know how easy it is to break the system, they will not relent until it either happens or more likely, is stopped by new rules. 

I dunno, maybe they should reign in the hedge funds and their short selling?  Maybe they should have to suffer the consequences for stupid ass trades?  Maybe everyone should play by the same rules instead of one group getting cut off while the other can continue to trade?  At this point it's not really about GME anymore, although fortunes are going to be made and lost tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

meme hype.  This is #stonks, not investing.  I trust that the retards will focus on AMC next, or simultaneously.  AMC getting shut out today with GME probably works in its favor.  

And at this point, I'm so pissed at Wall St, I want to help make a point.  

Right, totally get that. I haven't invested a penny in years. Still haven't. This is gambling trying to take down the house with a zombie mob and possibly a better hand dealt than we'll ever see again. The time is now.

GME has an actual underlying fundamental stock position vs valuation / risk / opportunity thing going on. Ride this fucker to the moon.

AMC just has name recognition and twitter hashtags as far as I know. That's enough, twitter crowd source funding can clearly move the needle. I'm in it just not to the moon lol. 

22 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

for sure, the risk/reward is outlandish to go double up on the original tenuous position at this price level.  this answer is 99.95% likelihood scenario.

im just trying to hypothesize the 0.05% event that they could have  masterminded the biggest single-stock double-dupe of main st in history...

if there is a mastermind behind this they need to write a book and make a second fortune.  that would fly off the shelves. 

13 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

it's going to come out funds and firms got margin called over this leading to them liquidating their positions.  look at all of the names that had an accompanying move.  GME, FIZZ, DDS, M, LGND, AMCX, SPWR, AXDX, SRG, MAC, SKT, AXDX.  every single one of the top 10 % of float shorted russell 3,000 stocks.  look at how the charts correspond almost perfectly by time and movement. 

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

it's going to come out funds and firms got margin called over this leading to them liquidating their positions.  look at all of the names that had an accompanying move.  GME, FIZZ, DDS, M, LGND, AMCX, SPWR, AXDX, SRG, MAC, SKT, AXDX.  every single one of the top 10 % of float shorted russell 3,000 stocks.  look at how the charts correspond almost perfectly by time and movement. 

wat mean?

I'm retarded, not autistic.

That means I'm guessing and probably wrong at best and totally misunderstanding you at worst cause bricks for brains.

AMC is not part of the top 10% short float % are they? AMCX sure. AMC nah. 

When you say look at the charts..... that's the correlation? Corresponding activity patterns? Not equivalent causation? Or is it there and I am to thicc to see it?

I'm genuinely asking lol I went from full tilt SPARTA AMC to why am I here again? It's ALL over twitter and reddit.

Appreciate the answer btw I am not a YOLO gambler by trade.🤘

42 minutes ago, cam4mav said:

wat mean?

I'm retarded, not autistic.

That means I'm guessing and probably wrong at best and totally misunderstanding you at worst cause bricks for brains.

AMC is not part of the top 10% short float % are they? AMCX sure. AMC nah. 

When you say look at the charts..... that's the correlation? Corresponding activity patterns? Not equivalent causation? Or is it there and I am to thicc to see it?

I'm genuinely asking lol I went from full tilt SPARTA AMC to why am I here again? It's ALL over twitter and reddit.

Appreciate the answer btw I am not a YOLO gambler by trade.🤘

correct, AMCX is one of the top 10 R3000.  i listed those as examples of the breadth of the short covering-  along with those 10 names there were probably a dozen, maybe two dozen, other names (along with AMC) that went parabolic at the same time of the trading day (as in they started going up and peaked around the same time) and many of them continued to follow each other over the course of a couple days.  one big move starting at the same time and peaking at the same time is usually a sign of a portfolio being closed.  this many moves of this magnitude of price range and share size is indicative of a trading firm or hedge fund being blown up and liquidating.

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

correct, AMCX is one of the top 10 R3000.  i listed those as examples of the breadth of the short covering-  along with those 10 names there were probably a dozen, maybe two dozen, other names (along with AMC) that went parabolic at the same time of the trading day (as in they started going up and peaked around the same time) and many of them continued to follow each other over the course of a couple days.  one big move starting at the same time and peaking at the same time is usually a sign of a portfolio being closed.  this many moves of this magnitude of price range and share size is indicative of a trading firm or hedge fund being blown up and liquidating.

Correct.  And it’s hilarious how many of those names BlackRock was the largest shareholder (I mean, they are the largest asset management firm, but still)     This was always gonna happen, Daddy just let Johnny lite the firecracker this time and throw it under Uncle Joe’s chair.   

11 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Boom B'FER  thank you I understand that. gratzi

umm

ok well hol'up.

Treat me like I'm econ 050 not even 101. So AMC (or this aggregate of companies, I'm in on the grouping explanation) got liquidated (sold right?) at the same time as some other stocks? Stocks would drop.... so that's not it.
The short positions got re-purchased or originals filled (sending stonk up right?)

Basically I still don't get the supposed upward push people are banking on. for AMC. 

GME to the moon and we building theatres up there LFG

Edited by cam4mav
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

umm
ok well hol'up.
Treat me like I'm econ 050 not even 101. So AMC (or this aggregate of companies, I'm in on the grouping explanation) got liquidated (sold right?) at the same time as some other stocks? Stocks would drop.... so that's not it.
The short positions got re-purchased or originals filled (sending stonk up right?)

Basically I still don't get the supposed upward push people are banking on. for AMC. 

The redditers are thinking there's going to be a need for lots of shares to be bought tomorrow due to options expiring at the close. Mainly in GME but also for these other names who have been in play.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
55 minutes ago, cam4mav said:
umm
ok well hol'up.

The redditers are thinking there's going to be a need for lots of shares to be bought tomorrow due to options expiring at the close. Mainly in GME but also for these other names who have been in play.

Ok so it does come down to the short squeeze anticipated for these stonks. Again thanks for replies, just didn't seem like AMC fit that trend on minimal research and was like wut.

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Correct.  And it’s hilarious how many of those names BlackRock was the largest shareholder (I mean, they are the largest asset management firm, but still)     This was always gonna happen, Daddy just let Johnny lite the firecracker this time and throw it under Uncle Joe’s chair.   

I'm absolutely convinced that BlackRock just gobbled up a couple hedge funds. They had some 9 figure positions in companies that were being heavily shorted by those funds and I have no doubt that they waited until the funds were overextended and then lit the match. Retail doesn't have the volume or the liquidity to send that many companies parabolic. AMC had over a billion in volume on Wednesday while GME and other stocks were cranking out hundreds of millions in volume. Retail can't do that. Additionally, $91 billion was wiped off of short books this month, per CNBC. That is $11 billion more than what Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, and Bank of America were going to pool together to stave off the damage created by the subprime mortgage fiasco in 2008. If $91 billion actually left Wall Street and into the hands of retailers, we'd already be seeing more than just the brokers freezing up the buying of shares. It would be absolute calamity. I think the bulk of that $91 billion when to BlackRock and any pilot fish funds that caught on and positioned themselves to pick up the crumbs. The money is still on Wall Street, and therefore, funneling back into the big banks.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

On 1/24/2021 at 4:24 PM, dad said:

Lots of things on watch at any given time but some of the ones I own or have on watch right now are BLNK, GWPH, CRSR, FUBO, LAZR, SOLO, NIO

Hide contents

BLNK for a bounce off of the 21 MA on volume.

kruGKB5i

GWPH for a breakout above pivot at $144

pWUBkuCb

CRSR for continuation and possibly adding to. I jumped on it early for the reclaim of all moving averages.

A8jSLRju

FUBO I own shares hoping the short squeeze continues but not looking to add. 

T0l9H15c

LAZR for a breakout continuation

JmpXvSpH

SOLO I own several March calls already in profit but looking for them to be in the money at $10, $11.

v5tDwdQ2

NIO for a run back to all time highs for a decent 10% swing or more.

m8MNbVxY

Fortunately I played some of the best on these. $BLNK in option calls and $FUBO in shares. $SOLO 3/19 $10-$11 calls I've been riding and I believe will still hit. 

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Also thought about it again.  The 0.05 event is impossible. Shares were nearly impossible to locate and borrow. The borrowing fees were ratcheted up. No way anybody put on *new* shorts during this run-up.

just woke up and decided I’m in it to win it. Riding this bitch to the very end

2 hours ago, Eastwood said:

I'm absolutely convinced that BlackRock just gobbled up a couple hedge funds. They had some 9 figure positions in companies that were being heavily shorted by those funds and I have no doubt that they waited until the funds were overextended and then lit the match. Retail doesn't have the volume or the liquidity to send that many companies parabolic. AMC had over a billion in volume on Wednesday while GME and other stocks were cranking out hundreds of millions in volume. Retail can't do that. Additionally, $91 billion was wiped off of short books this month, per CNBC. That is $11 billion more than what Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, and Bank of America were going to pool together to stave off the damage created by the subprime mortgage fiasco in 2008. If $91 billion actually left Wall Street and into the hands of retailers, we'd already be seeing more than just the brokers freezing up the buying of shares. It would be absolute calamity. I think the bulk of that $91 billion when to BlackRock and any pilot fish funds that caught on and positioned themselves to pick up the crumbs. The money is still on Wall Street, and therefore, funneling back into the big banks.

This has been my thought all along as well 

3 hours ago, Eastwood said:

Oh yeah, well I am not hearing any speculation about this on CNBC so o don’t believe you. I heard about the deep web and basement dwelling Cheeto eaters trying to occupy Wall Street though.

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If RH halted GME and AMC because of cash problems, how does that explain why Merrill also halted new buys?

every CEO that halted trading should be called out, under oath, to explain. Was Merrill or another part of BoA heavy with GME shorts and needed to unwind their positions?

all trades everywhere route through clearinghouses and DTCC.  (matt levine wrote a very nice column about the full actual deep mechanics of a person buying a stock)

there are settlement contracts in place for this facilitation, and more or less, the lopsided trading was incurring high structural costs to one or more of these parties.

so either the brokers didnt want to incur the cost, or couldnt afford it.  thats why the more "reputable" brokerages like vanguard and others allowed the full trade.

even if it wasnt some nefarious collusion of people on the wrong side of the GME trade, this will still stain on companies like merrill.  and maybe the above will be a part of the regulatory cleanup as a consequence of this ordeal.

Edited by 52-80

6 hours ago, Eastwood said:

I'm absolutely convinced that BlackRock just gobbled up a couple hedge funds. They had some 9 figure positions in companies that were being heavily shorted by those funds and I have no doubt that they waited until the funds were overextended and then lit the match. [b]Retail doesn't have the volume or the liquidity to send that many companies parabolic. [/b]AMC had over a billion in volume on Wednesday while GME and other stocks were cranking out hundreds of millions in volume. Retail can't do that. Additionally, $91 billion was wiped off of short books this month, per CNBC. That is $11 billion more than what Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase, and Bank of America were going to pool together to stave off the damage created by the subprime mortgage fiasco in 2008. If $91 billion actually left Wall Street and into the hands of retailers, we'd already be seeing more than just the brokers freezing up the buying of shares. It would be absolute calamity. I think the bulk of that $91 billion when to BlackRock and any pilot fish funds that caught on and positioned themselves to pick up the crumbs. The money is still on Wall Street, and therefore, funneling back into the big banks.

that's my belief as well.  i personally don't know any firm who hasn't made a killing on this.  

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Also thought about it again.  The 0.05 event is impossible. Shares were nearly impossible to locate and borrow. The borrowing fees were ratcheted up. No way anybody put on *new* shorts during this run-up.

just woke up and decided I’m in it to win it. Riding this bitch to the very end

new short shares were and still are widely available and for relatively cheap.  friday they were 15c/sh.  mon and wed they were $1.35 / sh.  tue they were 95c/sh.  today they're 82c/sh.  there are LOTS of new shorts, which is good if you're looking for a short squeeze.

12 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I think there's some consideration to peel the penny plays out of this thread, but I'm still going to post here until something else happens.

Don't do that man, keep your picks here, imo.  The penny signal to autistic screech sound ratio is low right now, but this crazy GME thing will dissolve when it is no longer the buzz topic of the day. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Don't do that man, keep your picks here, imo.  The penny signal to autistic screech sound ratio is low right now, but this crazy GME thing will dissolve when it is no longer the buzz topic of the day. 

Agreed. You can only invest in web meme stocks for so long.

8 minutes ago, bluto said:

Pennies are the stonk thread.... the stonk thread is pennies.

@RC have you looked much into lithium plays?

Haven't looked honestly I'm invested to the tits right now, been carrying less that $1k available money since December. XMET almost hit a $10k first exit for me when it was peeping .009, but no go. I need to get over some catalysts in Feb to begin looking to add again. Very interested though in all of @Harrison Stafford's picks. He's a pro.

• Like 2

Citron Research Will Stop Publishing Short-Seller Reports

BY Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
— 9:56 AM ET 01/29/2021

A famed short seller is calling it quits.

Andrew Left, founder of Citron Research, on Friday said his firm will no longer be publishing short-seller reports, on the heels of backlash to his recent public skepticism about shares of GameStop Corp. (GME) Instead, the firm will pivot to providing insight into companies the firm thinks investors should buy, Mr. Left said.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1