Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

Thoughts on TDC?

Reddit post from this morning before it jumped 30%. It's gone from $22 to $48 over the last month

image.thumb.png.5b8f8d6084aa6c94d99ed53e5e3a07df.png

TDC 5x immediate upside

renderTimingPixel.png

DD

Hey Lads, I've been lurking on here since 2016, and today I bring you TDC.

I think Teradata (TDC) has 5x immediate upside. I could post some more in-depth DD, but I 'm trying to get this idea posted before market open so anyone who wants to can get in before the massive ripper. I think the following cuts to the chase

I was lucky enough to pitch this shitco to an investment club in college back in 2014. At the time, TDC was being disrupted by Hadoop/the cloud and all signs pointed to the slow death of this legacy data warehousing business. My idea was basically laughed off the floor and the club didn't buy, and honestly I couldn't blame them in hindsight. I followed this business for the next 7 years and saw it ripped 30% last week, and is now up 11% in premarket.

Apparently, TDC has managed to launch a cloud-based data warehousing alternative to Snowflake. This business segment just achieved $100 million in annual recurring cloud-based revenues, with yoy growth of 100%+. This compares to Snowflakes ~$400 million, which is also growing at triple digits. I would say that TDC is a pretty serious competitive threat to SNOW at this size.

SNOW is valued at 175x sales (~90 billion market cap), and TDC is valued at 1.6x sales ($3 billion market cap). If you were to slap a 170x revenue multiple on TDC's emerging cloud business, it would be worth $17 billion, up from $3 billion this morning.

TDC has about 20% short interest just received a buy rating from BofA. The squeeze has already started and the stock is up 37% on the week, but I believe we are in the early innings of a 500% ripper. Major sellside analysts are starting to upgrade the stock.

Unlike GME, which is a dinosaur facing two asteroids (death of the mall, death of physical game discs) TDC is a recovering shitco with an extremely attractive cloud business that is going to compete directly with SNOW. There are some very attractive quality underpinnings to this trade - i.e. this isn't a pump and dump, it's a classic turnaround that could rip past $100 this month.

I'm buying weeklies on open, see you fellas on the moon

🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

edit* will post more DD later

Recent earnings release for anyone interested. TLDR; cloud annual recurring revenues were up 100% in 2020, guidance suggests 165% growth in Q1 2021 and 100% growth for FY 2021. Strong results, and sell-side is catching on. This isn't just some short squeeze.

Spoiler

link to reddit thread in spoiler

On 2/5/2021 at 8:48 AM, Harrison Stafford said:

Re: AMYZF,  if you buy it anywhere under $1,  you should make out like a bandit.  It has mind-blowing upside.

Curious about this stock and trying to do some research.  Also, relatively new to microcap/small cap investing so forgive my dumb questions.  The group is working on proving proof of concept testing currently with a goal of building a material processing facility if I understand it correctly.  If that testing goes well and a facility is feasible how would it be funded?  Through additional sales of stock or another method?

Edited by Bodhi
  • Like 1

Also, to not be a complete net taker from this thread my largest position currently is in ATOM.  This went on a big run the last few days but appears to have a long runway.  Happy to share some information regarding it from more knowledgeable sources than myself.

Edited by Bodhi

NK was +3.08 for the day closing up 13% at 26.80.  Sooooo, I check AH to see if anything’s up and, lo and behold,  NK is up another 2.30 at 29.10.  The rumor is the company got its Phase 2 vaccination trials green lighted.  Manana could be berry, berry good for little Chico Escuela.

So UUUU seems like it’s not looking back, certainly not premarket.
What’s your thought on a price target in the low 6s?

It might not achieve stonk short term gains, but I see almost no downside to MSOS here. Us weed etf. Largest operator, Green Thumb, just completed $100M secondary to one institution. Once financial restrictions on weed companies are lifted and they get up listed much more capital will be coming in. Growth opportunity. 

https://investors.gtigrows.com/investors/news-and-events/press-releases/press-release-details/2021/Green-Thumb-Industries-Announces-Initial-Public-Offering-in-the-U.S.-to-Raise-US100000000/default.aspx

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I'm up 115% on AMZYF since 1/21.  

My only regret is not getting more because I didn't have any more cash available when it was under. $0.90. Was hoping to be able to get about double my current number of shares. Was hoping for a dip, but not looking likely its going to head south of a dollar.

1 minute ago, HoustonHorn said:

My only regret is not getting more because I didn't have any more cash available when it was under. $0.90. Was hoping to be able to get about double my current number of shares. Was hoping for a dip, but not looking likely its going to head south of a dollar.

IIRC, the potential is easily over $10 so it'll be a buying opportunity for a while. I definitely have the same regret though. 

Just now, KYHorn said:

If that thing hits $10, I'll quit my job. And I really like my job.

If this keeps up, we may all be in the $50K-100K profit per day rocketeer class by the end of the year.  At that point, we owe our Alpha and Omega financial leaders some sugar babies, Tesla roadsters, blow, both tacos, and Best Buy coupons.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bodhi said:

Curious about this stock and trying to do some research.  Also, relatively new to microcap/small cap investing so forgive my dumb questions.  The group is working on proving proof of concept testing currently with a goal of building a material processing facility if I understand it correctly.  If that testing goes well and a facility is feasible how would it be funded?  Through additional sales of stock or another method?

At this point, we don't know how the lithium ion battery recycling plant will be funded.  Everything would be speculation and I'm sure they're keeping all options open.  The Defense Logistics Agency is paying for the >Manganese< experiment at the Wenden Arizona stockpile.  The National Resource Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program is providing advisory and conditional funding of the battery recycling project.  Perhaps, these entities can provide low cost loans or grants to help finance full scale plants.  AMYZF has no debt and about $2 million in the bank.  If these government programs give them the thumbs up, I think it shouldn't be hard to get the projects financed.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

This is how I picture @Harrison Stafford

tenor.gif?itemid=7359344

And, the AMYZF ride ain't over!!!  We're aiming for the stars!

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, nycHorn said:

So UUUU seems like it’s not looking back, certainly not premarket.
What’s your thought on a price target in the low 6s?

I still have a gtc order for UUUU at 5.03 and plan on holding the stock for at least a year.  Nothing wrong with taking profit in the low 6’s, but you run the risk of missing out on a lot of upside.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

NK +1.21 at 29.27....another 52 week high.  That’s the fourth consecutive trading day with NK hitting new 52 week highs.  If I have to continue coming here and posting new 52 wk. highs on a daily basis, I’m up for the job.

If you'd like, I can take up a position in it and end the streak. 

New stock posted by SuperDuper a bit ago.  It shot up and was briefly halted after the tweet.
I took a nibble and might get some more if it pulls back after this initial burst.

I got in @ $13.36. Seems once the FOMOs get out from the tweet, there’s that little pullback. I’ll add more if it does as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bluto said:

I remember a time months ago when MVIS and UAVS were the stonkers delight around the $1 price.... “did that drone have an Amazon logo?!?”

Here we are almost a year later with uavs around $15 and MVIS $20

Been invested in MVIS for a long time. The last few days have been wild. AH today was insane.