Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

I remember a time months ago when MVIS and UAVS were the stonkers delight around the $1 price.... “did that drone have an Amazon logo?!?”

Here we are almost a year later with uavs around $15 and MVIS $20
I remember just hoping UAVS would hit $7 and all that time just watching it stuck in the mud. All our babies are growing up. Even MARK and XSPA are trying to run now

33 minutes ago, NateHitch said:
3 hours ago, bluto said:
I remember a time months ago when MVIS and UAVS were the stonkers delight around the $1 price.... “did that drone have an Amazon logo?!?”

I remember just hoping UAVS would hit $7 and all that time just watching it stuck in the mud. All our babies are growing up. Even MARK and XSPA are trying to run now

The UAVS conference call is still an all time favorite stonk moment of mine. 

I've got some hopefully-long positions in some pennies now, based on this thread/stonks thread. I'm going to probably ratchet back the stonking, and probably take a fair bit of profit in one of my other long positions soon (Q2 of this year my biggest position trips over into LT). BUT ... I just discovered that I've got a ROTH IRA with $6k in it from a million years ago. I thought I'd rolled it into general funds with my financial guy, but apparently we just left it in a ROTH vehicle. I'm considering seeing how far I can take that $6k, as an experiment - trying to confirm if I can day trade in that account or not (financial investor account with TD, not a commercial account, I have no idea how they're different yet).

10 hours ago, bluto said:

id been waiting for a -10% dip on MVIS to get in.  whups.

11 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

The UAVS conference call is still an all time favorite stonk moment of mine. 

I have to say that DECN was what got me hooked on penny stonks (and also makes me cautious), I got in at .235 and out a week later at .325, then repurchased 4x as much at .19 to sell it 8 weeks later at .40 and it is currently back to .02 because it is a P&D and there is on one director (the CFO/PR guy). 
But it was a fun ride and funded me to having 8-10 penny stonks in my basket. 

I had forgotten about UAVS, bought & sold 10,000 shares and made $8k, wish I'd have held some of that as free shares - but then again, I can argue I put some of that into ALPP; so it is all good here.

Edited by Wally Fairway

21 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

My fuckaround stonks account looks like an ETF that someone built while drunk and browsing surly and reddit, which isn't all that far off from reality. +20% in two weeks. NAKD is anchoring me down pretty heavily. 

image.png.124de97db8642ce6e36a6a17862fa77f.png

We only share two holdings.  I don’t even know what the rest of that is... and I get all my investment advice from surly now

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

We only share two holdings.  I don’t even know what the rest of that is... and I get all my investment advice from surly now

On the GME thread we were looking at other stocks that had huge short float percentages like GME did. I thought I'd throw a few bucks at those just in case any of them became the next GME I'd be out ahead of them. It sounds really dumb in hindsight - lmao. MARK, RH, and NAKD were those three. MARK and RH are up 20 and 7 percent, and NAKD is down about 40%. All of the stocks that the others here recommended are making up for my stupidity, though.

19 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

You and me both. I jumped in blind to be an idiot last week and ride the reddit wave on AMC/GME, and since I had RH installed I just got outta that nonsense and put a few hundred bucks into UUUU and NK (and a few more into NOVN). Don't have much to "gamble" but I can spare a bit now as I learn some more in this new world of stonks. There's not really any other place I'd trust internet strangers more than Surly. 

The first week was anxiety-riddled, but now that I've settled on those three I feel comfortable and just going to let it sit finally. Not a gambler at all, so I think the long-plays are better for me. Just wish RH had AMYZF.

Edit: The point of this post was basically thanks for the advice, Surly Stonk overlords.

Edited by BurdineBandit
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

I've been chasing AMYZF for over a week now but it won't come down to my limit orders. I should probably just take the ride.

AMYZF is the only thing up today in my portfolio 😅

what are your limits at? 

If I had cash available to trade for a long hold I'd split it between AMYZF and ALPP (already have both and want to grow position) 

currently it's tied up with some penies yolo's though 🙃

3 hours ago, bluto said:

50 contracts, $5 strike, $1.16 premium, July exp

You are going to make really good money with tho$e.

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

I've been chasing AMYZF for over a week now but it won't come down to my limit orders. I should probably just take the ride.

Yes, and whatever number of shares you choose to buy, ultimately, you'll wish you bought more.

26 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fucking redditors. Can we get them back on the pot stocks? I've been holding for ages and was just going into options plays...they have fucked me.

Yeah...I’ve been screwed every time I tried the play weed stocks...it has to be a long hold strategy IMO with just the best companies. I’ve almost given up...even SNDL today is a ping pong ball...and not in the right direction currently.

Today I am sideways thanks to MARA and RIOT.

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

first time GIF

Lol .. I'm afraid to ask, are you still in AMC? Were you able to get out of that $10k bet without a huge loss?

Edited by B00M
Saw a $3 target for AMC at seeking alpha a week.ago and sold immediately. It's gone down ever since
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HoustonHorn said:

I've been in the same boat trying to add to my position if it gets back down to a dollar or less and it keeps not happening. Might just bite the bullet.

I bought 50,000 shares of AMYZF at .53 and another 50,000 at.85.  Was hoping the sp would kick back under $1 to add an additional 50,000 shares. With the stock in an arcing uptrend, a pullback to the 20 day (80 cents) is always possible.  However, I don't think that's likely and the stock continues to go higher.  So, shall wait for 1 1/2-2 hours after tomorrow's open looking for a pullback and, then, I'm pulling the trigger on that additional 50,000 shares.  Boom shakalakalaka.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I bought 50,000 shares of AMYZF at .53 and another 50,000 at.85.  Was hoping the sp would kick back under $1 to add an additional 50,000 shares. With the stock in an arcing uptrend, a pullback to the 20 day (80 cents) is always possible.  However, I don't think that's likely and the stock continues to go higher.  So, shall wait for 1 1/2-2 hours after tomorrow's open looking for a pullback and, then, I'm pulling the trigger on that additional 50,000 shares.  Boom shakalakalaka.

This is the way. 

21 minutes ago, bluto said:

Harrison what’s your take on Abml vs Amyzf. Abml gotten so much internet love and a NV factory by Tesla plant. Tempted to roll my Abml funds into that slut Amy

Both AMYZF and ABML are pre-revenue, but ABML just holds rights to property that they think has lithium worth mining....doesn't show them doing any mining. AMYZF recycles lithium battery cathodes using a patented process for which they're building the pilot plant. AMYZF also has another project for manganese using a similar process.    If you want a whole lotta love, take a ride with AMY.

21 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Yeah, only have 40k shares right now. If it pulls back to start tomorrow I'll probably add another 10 and then ride to the moon with the dirties in economy. Enjoy your 1st class ticket.

Is there a target on this ride? Besides the moon?

Once AMYZF reaches 8-10, let’s revisit the stock.  Until then, whether you’re starting in first class, business, or economy, this trip should provide everyone with plenty of upgrade options.  Enjoy your flight.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Both AMYZF and ABML are pre-revenue, but ABML just holds rights to property that they think has lithium worth mining....doesn't show them doing any mining. AMYZF recycles lithium battery cathodes using a patented process for which they're building the pilot plant. AMYZF also has another project for manganese using a similar process.    If you want a whole lotta love, take a ride with AMY.

Once AMYZF reaches 8-10, let’s revisit the stock.  Until then, whether you’re starting in first class, business, or economy, this trip should provide everyone with plenty of upgrade options.  Enjoy your flight.

I can dig that. Maybe I'll try to upgrade my ticket in the morning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

So, uh, you might say you’re pretty confident 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I had a dream about this post. I think I have a problem. 

• Fuck You 1

I think what pisses me off the most about yesterday is that the WSJ and Barron's both put out hit pieces on Pot Stocks.  Basically saying how the existing Canadian companies will not benefit from US legalization.  And of course, most the idiots believed it.

Long and short, the current US market is a shitshow, with differing regulatory regimes in different states.  If the Feds legalized it, they could help to streamline some of this, similar to any other commodity, especially on the production and wholesale side (Afterall, weed is ultimately an agricultural commodity), which I think would help the big Canadian companies more than the small US companies who only operate in this state of that state.

It is really frustrating.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I think what pisses me off the most about yesterday is that the WSJ and Barron's both put out hit pieces on Pot Stocks.

That's the one thing I hope many of the WSB Redditors have learned. The deck is stacked against you. Fighting the Machine is noble, but unless you have "Fuck You" money, it's not smart. Never fight the BRRRRRRRRTTTTT machine.

image.jpeg.12be3037d4a7e4808689d035fb7503e8.jpeg

I posted this in the Penny stock thread, but there is some overlap, sooo......AMYZF reached a new 52 week high today +.23 at $1.58.   The stock was .37 on Jan. 19.  Placed a gtc order for 50,000 additional AMYZF shares at 1.05 to triple my position.  Looking for a minor break to add.  Will watch closely once the stock hits 1.25 as do not want to squander a buying opportunity with this bad boy.  In other news, NK reached a new 52 week high today at $31 +4.96.