Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

17 minutes ago, Blotto said:

@Harrison Stafford any insight into NK dropping 25%? My cost is around $14 and its seems like a longterm hold, just wondering if you were aware of anything, as I didnt see any obvious catalyst for the fall in price. Profit taking? 

It’s got to be profit taking.  No news and nothing has changed.  Other stocks that were high flyers have gotten smashed today as well....MARA, RIOT.  

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Not my personal opinion but just a thought being thrown around reddit.....massive selloffs to cover squeeze???

I'm not sure which way it will go but si% is reported tomorrow after close I believe...

Definitely looks orchestrated in some fashion. Every ETF I look at had a pretty damn similar plummet at exactly 8:50AM

it's orchestrated because it's 80%+ just algorithms trading a few hundred times a second. We are literally playing the market against skynet.

As far as a squeeze.... Nothing like January. If you see another massive wave of "SLVR is the next GME" "YOLO WEED STOCK" type shit not only on reddit/twitter but also CNBC and online articles... maybe somethings up.

it's orchestrated because it's 80%+ just algorithms trading a few hundred times a second. We are literally playing the market against skynet.
As far as a squeeze.... Nothing like January. If you see another massive wave of "SLVR is the next GME" "YOLO WEED STOCK" type shit not only on reddit/twitter but also CNBC and online articles... maybe somethings up.
I dont...lots of interesting stuff out there but I dont know shit

CFO announcement I think is good news as gme is expected to transition to ecommerce and PC gaming

I do think 40$ is the floor after all we saw today. I think it will go up but when and how much I have no idea

I have a pretty insignificant amount of money in AMC, I averaged down some but still bleeding like a chick on her menstrual. That said I'm not convinced this gamestop/amc shit is over with. These crazy diamond hand reddit guys are holding. I'm not going to pretend to be any sort of expert, I'm sure there are plenty of shady tactics that can be used to combat it, but these hedge funds still have tens of millions of shares that have to be bought back. I have a small iron in the fire so I'm just kinda watching and rooting for further chaos

I have a pretty insignificant amount of money in AMC, I averaged down some but still bleeding like a chick on her menstrual. That said I'm not convinced this gamestop/amc shit is over with. These crazy diamond hand reddit guys are holding. I'm not going to pretend to be any sort of expert, I'm sure there are plenty of shady tactics that can be used to combat it, but these hedge funds still have tens of millions of shares that have to be bought back. I have a small iron in the fire so I'm just kinda watching and rooting for further chaos
Same...bought in small last time and sold for a nice profit and put about 50% back in on Monday
Nothing crazy but if it runs I will have a lot more to play with after I pull out a chunk

Definitely not yolo'ing anything like others...just want my 10-20k if it pops

18 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

My wife is going to think she is a stonk genius.  She asked me to buy AMC on Friday.  It’s up 35 percent now.

Quoting myself for posterity.  It is now up 40 percent.  not only that, she said she wants to hold AMC and see where it goes.  I muttered about Diamond hands under my breath.

She also had me buy the company that owns Greyhound which apparently is called FirstGroup out of the UK.  It’s up 5.5 percent after buying it.  

So now I have three sources for stonks.  Amyzf is the best running one I have now, on a percentage basis.

On Monday, Roaring Kitty (Keith Gill) doubled his position in GME from 50,000 to 100,000 shares ($4 million).  He also bought 500 calls valued at $1.5 million.  Today, GME closed at 91.71 +$46.74 up 104%...not to mention the stock is up over $20 AH.  Next time this guy takes a position, consider me +1.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On Monday, Roaring Kitty (Keith Gill) doubled his position in GME from 50,000 to 100,000 shares ($4 million).  He also bought 500 calls valued at $1.5 million.  Today, GME closed at 91.71 +$46.74 up 104%...not to mention the stock is up over $20 AH.  Next time this guy takes a position, consider me +1.
I'm just pissed I didnt know about r/wallstreetbets a year ago lol

4 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

SEeing 168 AH.  Jesus Christos. 

15 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

he's always had those calls.  they were long-dated and he had already held them, shown in previous updates

Dumb question that I tried to do some quick googling on but can't find an answer to:

If you have multiple entries into a stock at various prices and are looking to trim positions that are all in the money, what is the correct exit strategy?  Do you take the tax hit and select the shares to sell that are the most in the money?  I guess that is the only way to do it if you are trying to take profits/"Get on free shares," but I wasn't sure if I'm missing something and should just select FIFO.

44 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Dumb question that I tried to do some quick googling on but can't find an answer to:

If you have multiple entries into a stock at various prices and are looking to trim positions that are all in the money, what is the correct exit strategy?  Do you take the tax hit and select the shares to sell that are the most in the money?  I guess that is the only way to do it if you are trying to take profits/"Get on free shares," but I wasn't sure if I'm missing something and should just select FIFO.

If they are all long term cap gains then it's safe to assume tax rates aren't going down. Sell the ones with the most gains right now.

If some are short term/some are long term cap gains, sell the long term first, obviously.

Sorry, I should have included that they are all short term cap gains.  Good point on cap gains taxes potentially going up.  If my plan is to hold some long term for a potential moonshot then I may as well take the hit on the most profitable shares now.  Although if TSNP goes to $10, it's not going to make that much of a difference if I bought the shares at $.31 or if I bought them today at $.87.

@Cheeseweasel