Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

13 minutes ago, Grimas said:

Looks like AMZYF has bounced off the bottom...  Still in red overall but I like the direction it's headed again...

I’m pissed because I was about to put another 5k into it at 70 cents but work decided to intervene.  How am I supposed to stonk when work is going on?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

I’m pissed because I was about to put another 5k into it at 70 cents but work decided to intervene.  How am I supposed to stonk when work is going on?

I am pissed because I set a limit order at 0.69 that got filled and added 2k shares to my position. I should have been smart and bought 6,969 shares and made even more money.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

http://www.howestreet.com/audio/Reaugh_Larry_2021_04__09.mp3

This is a good listen for investors in AMYZF.  The interviewer asks AMYZF’s CEO one question and the dude talks for 15 minutes.  

To be fair, that's pretty much every week. It's an advertising feature of the website, so my interpretation is that they pay Howe Street for the advertising. Usually the guy asks one or two very general questions. And usually Larry complains about the short sellers, which I appreciate.

12 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

To be fair, that's pretty much every week. It's an advertising feature of the website, so my interpretation is that they pay Howe Street for the advertising. Usually the guy asks one or two very general questions. And usually Larry complains about the short sellers, which I appreciate.

Yes, it is a weekly feature. I offered this specific podcast because the AMYZF CEO goes to the nth degree to emphasize he’s way focused on shareholder value and making investors rich.  My kind of CEO.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

back on the riot train when it dipped under $46.  it actually got under $44 for a min.  mid-may calls, so hoping it does what it usually does.

the shit was at $61 yesterday morning.  the volatility is bonkers.

They love to gap up this name and fade it all day. But you just need that one big gap up. 

12 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Yes, it is a weekly feature. I offered this specific podcast because the AMYZF CEO goes to the nth degree to emphasize he’s way focused on shareholder value and making investors rich.  My kind of CEO.

Show me a CEO that doesn't spit out this same shit all the time?  They all say it, few actually do it.

12 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Maybe I'm naive as hell, but I want a CEO thinking about profitability, growth (top line), employee growth & retention, and safety/image of the corporation. Seem those things LEAD to shareholder value. 

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Maybe I'm naive as hell, but I want a CEO thinking about profitability, growth (top line), employee growth & retention, and safety/image of the corporation. Seem those things LEAD to shareholder value. 

Well, yea this is probably what he meant when he said it.

42 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

@Harrison Stafford Any thoughts on the $2.5 million in IBRX stocks that were sold in 2 transactions at the opening today? Do you take it as a bad sign? 

I haven’t seen any filings suggesting this was insider activity. Could be a fund exiting, but the stock is almost a dollar off the low. Doesn’t seem like an issue.

6 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I haven’t seen any filings suggesting this was insider activity. Could be a fund exiting, but the stock is almost a dollar off the low. Doesn’t seem like an issue.

Thanks. It has recovered pretty nicely now.

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Lulz, that is such  a load of horseshit. as long as C-level compensation/bonus pay are delivered through huge stock grants, and their performance bonuses measured by stock price, aint nothing going to change. The direction of the company will be dictated by what makes the share price go up today. Thats how these fuckers get mega rich, not base salary. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

Lulz, that is such  a load of horseshit. as long as C-level compensation/bonus pay are delivered through huge stock grants, and their performance bonuses measured by stock price, aint nothing going to change. The direction of the company will be dictated by what makes the share price go up today. Thats how these fuckers get mega rich, not base salary. 

If you come in with a build to last mindset and a long-term view (for example, Berkshire Hathaway) then you’ll be concentrating on the health, stability, and future of the company instead of the short term stock price.  It does happen.  Having said that, my point with posting the link was that not all CEO's say the same shit all the time.

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

If you come in with a build to last mindset and a long-term view (for example, Berkshire Hathaway) then you’ll be concentrating on the health, stability, and future of the company instead of the short term stock price.  It does happen.  Having said that, my point with posting the link was that not all CEO's say the same shit all the time.

My intent was not to call you out, simply to comment that very few CEO's actually walk the walk, regardless of the talk. Berkshire probably is an outlier, but they march to their own beat in a lot of ways. I listen to the management of my company talk about the customers needs all the time, yet their actions as it relates to staffing, commercial strategy, etc... seemingly always seem to promote maximum short term profits. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Blotto said:

My intent was not to call you out, simply to comment that very few CEO's actually walk the walk, regardless of the talk. Berkshire probably is an outlier, but they march to their own beat in a lot of ways. I listen to the management of my company talk about the customers needs all the time, yet their actions as it relates to staffing, commercial strategy, etc... seemingly always seem to promote maximum short term profits. 

Been there, done that.  Part of my career was spent as a VP/GM for a publicly traded company on NASDAQ and it was all about the bottom line all the time.  Nothing like telling a conference room full of employees they're all being let go because a machine can do their jobs.  You don't want to broom these people, but corporate dictates otherwise.  God, I'm glad I'm retired.  

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Been there, done that.  Part of my career was spent as a VP/GM for a publicly traded company on NASDAQ and it was all about the bottom line all the time.  Nothing like telling a conference room full of employees they're all being let go because a machine can do their jobs.  God, I'm glad I'm retired.  

Worst part in being a Director was making a list of "cuts" for the next round. They were people to me, not a number to be removed to increase shareholder value. GTFO of that job as fast as I could after seeing this was the norm, not the exception.

• Hook 'Em 2

Today is options expiration and I’m looking for IBRX to begin climbing next week.  There are about 10K april calls out of the money, 5K in May, and 3K in June.  I think some of the pancreatic cancer trial data is also due around June.  Let me reiterate the upside for IBRX is much higher than the 52 wk. high of $45.42.  My position is 27,800 shares and will not consider selling until the sp is at least $60.  Within the past week, I purchased 2800 additional shares at $19.07.  If I had more cash, I’d be buying more of the stock.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Thanks. It has recovered pretty nicely now.

I've been fighting any worry by just looking at the rest of the stocks on my watch list. UUUU is down pretty bad too (which I own), but so are 5 other stocks I have in my watch list in mining/metals, etc... Same with IBRX and other Pharma companies in my watch list. I'd be more worried if everything takes off next month and IBRX stays sub 20. 

On 4/16/2021 at 3:36 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Today is options expiration and I’m looking for IBRX to begin climbing next week.  There are about 10K april calls out of the money, 5K in May, and 3K in June.  I think some of the pancreatic cancer trial data is also due around June.  Let me reiterate the upside for IBRX is much higher than the 52 wk. high of $45.42.  My position is 27,800 shares and will not consider selling until the sp is at least $60.  Within the past week, I purchased 2800 additional shares at $19.07.  If I had more cash, I’d be buying more of the stock.

I would love a run this week.  I have some of those out of the money May calls.  Would like to just make some of the loss back.  If I could get back to even, that would be a win IMO.  Sigh.  Have longer term as well, which is nice.

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I would love a run this week.  I have some of those out of the money May calls.  Would like to just make some of the loss back.  If I could get back to even, that would be a win IMO.  Sigh.  Have longer term as well, which is nice.

Well, the run won't start today.  Statistically, the Monday after options expiration is the worst day of the month which explains the down market.  There's always tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Well, the run won't start today.  Statistically, the Monday after options expiration is the worst day of the month which explains the down market.  There's always tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow.

it actually rallied ok today - it was at $16.75 when i woke up.  my calls aren't for a while either, but any action is good action.

meanwhile, after btc had a mini-crash over the weekend (53.5), riot got down under $39 earlier and i doubled down.  this ride is a little scarier, but i like my position.

for reference purposes, last time riot got down to $39 was march 8th.  9 days later it was at $64.  in mid feb it was at $77.  it's not a longterm hold by any stretch, but the short term volatility roller coaster has been pretty consistent, if such a thing exists.

So, about PFMS from a couple of months ago...I sold that stock right after the reverse split. Made a tiny dollar amount on it and forgot about it.  I'm sure some you did the same thing.

Yesterday, $9,200 was deposited into my Fidelity account with the comment:  REVERSE SPLIT REV PAYOUT SAM TRADE ASIA PTE LTD COM (SMFX) (Cash).

I have no idea what that payment is about but MOAR STONKS!!!

7 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

So, about PFMS from a couple of months ago...I sold that stock right after the reverse split. Made a tiny dollar amount on it and forgot about it.  I'm sure some you did the same thing.

Yesterday, $9,200 was deposited into my Fidelity account with the comment:  REVERSE SPLIT REV PAYOUT SAM TRADE ASIA PTE LTD COM (SMFX) (Cash).

I have no idea what that payment is about but MOAR STONKS!!!

Uhh, approximately how much $$ did you have in PFMS originally? I got a cool $1.95 deposited into my Fidelity account yesterday (now up to $2.00!). 

Edit: I originally had something like $600- $700 in it. 

Edited by KYHorn