Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

right now it looks like it is worth <$0.01

and at the end of the (trading) day - it is worth a total, to me, of $1.00 - one tendie for dinner tonite

Edited by Wally Fairway

The annual meeting of the shareholders of American Manganese Inc (AMYZF) will be held on June 9, 2021 (manana) at 11:00am (Vancouver time...that's 1pm CST)-  Due to health and safety concerns related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Meeting will be held via a Zoom teleconference this year. Shareholders and duly appointed proxyholders can access the Meeting by visiting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3108542281?pwd=eFh5L0hzZWdHaFJEVC9mTlkwMWdiUT09 ... Meeting ID: 310 854 2281 Passcode: 786 For a local dial-in number, please visit https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kR36PnaXp.  Here's hoping for some good news.  

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm looking over a 4-leaf clover, that I overlooked before

CLOV getting the reddit meme push today up 71$ to $20, and the options chain ends at $20, so I bought a few of the 6/18 expiry, now looking at the 7/16's 

That should have said 71%

I’ve been trying to teach my kids investment/trading strategies. I feel like their future is fucked since this is the year of the shit-stock mega-gains.

”Here’s what you do kids, find the shittiest stocks out there, those the majority of people are betting against, and YOLO everything in hopes that these WSB degenerates agree that it sucks bad enough to be worthy of their interest. Profit!”

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
There, their, they’re

I’ve been trying to teach my kids investment/trading strategies. I feel like their future is fucked since this is the year of the shit-stock mega-gains.
”Here’s what you do kids, find the shittiest stocks out their, those the majority of people are betting against, and YOLO everything in hopes that these WSB degenerates agree that it sucks bad enough to be worthy of their interest. Profit!”
Or maybe it's the year of the squeezes...gamma and short

10 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Or maybe it's the year of the squeezes...gamma and short

Yeah, I kind of mentioned that in manner my kids would understand by stating, find the shittiest stocks out there those the majority of people are betting against.

Except, I’m a fucking idiot and used their instead of there for some stupid ass reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

”Here’s what you do kids, find the shittiest stocks out their, those the majority of people are betting against, and YOLO everything in hopes that these WSB degenerates agree that it sucks bad enough to be worthy of their interest. Profit!”

I'm struggling with this as well.  Trying to explain sound investing to my youngers.  And, this type is considered "Boomer" thinking by the youngers.

A lot of young gens don't want to work for their money.  And that's fair, I guess.

Edited by Hmmm

3 hours ago, Hmmm said:

I'm struggling with this as well.  Trying to explain sound investing to my youngers.  And, this type is considered "Boomer" thinking by the youngers.

A lot of young gens don't want to work for their money.  And that's fair, I guess.

Last week I was checking my portfolio on Fidelity. I hit the daily percentage tab. Unexpectedly the ticker PETS is number 1 at plus 44%. WTF?!? Awesome. I just started a position in it two months ago. Im a dividend guy. Hardly ever sell a share of anything, EVER! But 44% days never ever ever happen in my portfolio. 
Do a quick search and find out the redditors took an interest in it. Aint no damn way PETS is valuation is justifiable at that price. 
Well, I sold it all right then. What the fuck else can you do? Hold it? Pfffft. 

I guarantee longer term holders and institutions sold too. You have to take the money. 

I admire their enthusiasm. Their moxie. Overall, I think its fantastic that young people are in the game and making moves. They will learn. Get wiser. Get less emotional as they play the game. As long as they play, its good for all. Just my 2 cents. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Doyle Hargreaves said:

I admire their enthusiasm. Their moxie. Overall, I think its fantastic that young people are in the game and making moves. They will learn. Get wiser. Get less emotional as they play the game. As long as they play, its good for all. Just my 2 cents. 

I admire it, too, and jump right in and play with them.

• Hook 'Em 1

I finally broke down and bought a meme stock (AMC) a couple weeks ago. Fast forward with 550% gain and I sold. What meme stock do I put these “winnings” into now!?! 

By my counts I’m only a doge and skip away from having 7 figures in my throwaway brokerage account. 

Edited by Telegraph_it

49 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I finally broke down and bought a meme stock (AMC) a couple weeks ago. Fast forward with 550% gain and I sold. What meme stock do I put these “winnings” into now!?! 

By my counts I’m only a doge and skip away from having 7 figures in my throwaway brokerage account. 

There are so many getting run right now. I’m in AHT; not sure how far this one will go but it’s been a good run.

9 hours ago, Hmmm said:

Yeah, I don't agree with your thinking here. The younger generation is just taking the rigged systems we shrugged our shoulders with and decided to change the game. We're seeing it in all facets of our society and that's a good thing. Adapt or die. 

Fyi - CLOV and WISH up 25% before open

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, KYHorn said:

18 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

right now it looks like it is worth <$0.01

and at the end of the (trading) day - it is worth a total, to me, of $1.00 - one tendie for dinner tonite

It just took everyone a bit to realize it, apparently. 

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/american-manganese-comments-on-white-houses-100-day-battery-supply-chain-review-and-emphasis-on-recycling/

Spoiler

Biden Administration Report Follows AMY’s Announcement of Cathode Precursor Production from Recycled Lithium-ion Battery Waste

AMY Currently Working with U.S. DOE and DoD – Members of a Newly-Designated U.S. Government “Battery Recovery and Recycling Task Force”

American Manganese Inc. (“AMY” or the “Company”) is pleased to offer comments on the new White House report on building resilient supply chains, released today in response to U.S. President Joe Biden’s February 2021 Executive Order directing a 100-day battery supply chain review, including the recycling of critical and strategic minerals.

The White House report sees the growing volume of spent lithium-ion batteries as a resource too often lost to landfills or shipped abroad for recoveries. “When the White House says that ‘Domestic economical recycling could reduce exports of valuable resources and increase the quantity available to the U.S. battery supply chain’ we could not agree more,” said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese Inc. “This is the strongest statement to date that indicates momentum is building to bring public policy in line with private-sector innovation to meet the massive new needs for critical minerals.”

The White House report included the following recommendations:

“To secure cobalt supply and guard against price fluctuations, the United States could consider investing in battery recycling infrastructure and technology development. Immediate focus should include investment to increase capacity and scale-up of recycling facilities, and investigation of pathways for early Federal purchase of recycling waste streams to the furthest extent possible.

…Executive actions could include grants, loans, and policies to encourage safe domestic recycling. Some examples of potential legislative actions could include tax incentives, a landfill ban, an extended producer responsibility mandate, or a recycling mandate.”

The White House report comes as AMY’s RecycLiCo battery recycling work continues to progress. “The report noted that ‘during cell manufacture, production scrap is a key source of material for recycling,’” Mr. Reaugh noted. “American Manganese has been conducting recycling tests with battery cell manufacturing scrap since we commissioned our pilot plant in 2019 and are pleased to be recognized in the report as a North American recycler (Pg.108). However, to encourage the domestic recycling of battery production scrap – we need North American cathode and battery manufacturing capacity to integrate our recycling technology alongside them, otherwise recycled material would be shipped overseas to manufacture new battery cells.”

The ‘100-Day Battery Supply Chain Review’ follows American Manganese’s recent press release regarding the production of cathode precursor material directly from recycled lithium-ion battery NMC (lithium-nickel-manganese-cobalt oxide) cathode waste. As a pioneer in advanced battery recycling, AMY is continuously innovating and enhancing its process because as indicated in the report – ‘In the longer-term, new technologies will expedite cost-effective recycling.’

The White House report also directed that “The United States should establish targeted incentives and strategic stockpiling for recycling and purification infrastructure and form a Battery Recovery and Recycling Task Force consisting of DOE, EPA, DOI, USGS, DOT, Commerce, and DOD.”

“Given the work American Manganese is doing in partnership with the Department of Energy’s Critical Materials Institute and our project funded by the Defense Logistics Agency to demonstrate our ability to use AMY’s patented process to produce EMM from the low-grade manganese resource in DoD’s Wenden, Arizona Stockpile, we believe American Manganese can be a strong private-sector partner in the U.S. Government’s new Battery Recovery and Recycling Task Force,” added Mr. Reaugh.

The full report – “Building Resilient Supply Chains, Revitalizing American Manufacturing, and Fostering Broad-Based Growth” — can be read here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Yeah, I don't agree with your thinking here. The younger generation is just taking the rigged systems we shrugged our shoulders with and decided to change the game. We're seeing it in all facets of our society and that's a good thing. Adapt or die. 

pump and dump on Wish.  It's lost whatever gains it had this morning.  I'm waiting for it to hit $19 so I can get the fuck out of it and get my money back.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I'm not hating.  When you see people bragging about not working and spending their stimulus checks on YOLO stocks, well...  that's not exactly something I'd tell my son to do.

CLOV is eating shit now because I got in.

Edited by Hmmm

On 6/3/2021 at 2:14 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Bought 1400 shares of TLRY at $19.55.  Am prepared to hold this stock as Amazon is now pushing for the decriminalization of marijuana.   However, my gut says moonshot.  Why the hell not?

Got into TLRY because of Reddit.  +2.22 to $22.44...an 11% move.  TLRY did a moonshot to $148 in Oct '18.  In this environment, it could happen again.  If I can find more money, I'm going to buy more of the stock.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got into TLRY because of Reddit.  +2.22 to $22.44...an 11% move.  TLRY did a moonshot to $148 in Oct '18.  In this environment, it could happen again.  If I can find more money, I'm going to buy more of the stock.
I've been in it...not sure if mentioned but they also announced a new medical branch "Symbios" the other day.

In other news CLF is having another nice run...after my options expired of course

If I'm a CEO of a struggling POS company, I think I would start a skunksworks project to get the hive mind of reddit to focus on my POS company for a week or so. Get a 1000% pop in stock price, issue a bunch of new shares, buy yourself some more time. Hell of a lot easier than actually turning the company around in short order. 

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If I'm a CEO of a struggling POS company, I think I would start a skunksworks project to get the hive mind of reddit to focus on my POS company for a week or so. Get a 1000% pop in stock price, issue a bunch of new shares, buy yourself some more time. Hell of a lot easier than actually turning the company around in short order. 

Shark Tank Writing GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’m a fan of blue eyes (exclusively, thought bright green will work). I have an uncontrollable attraction to Deirdre Bosa, though. She’s going to get it. 

Say no more....in for 5000 shares of DB. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Not sure exactly why I hold NOVN but it probably has something to do with this thread. 

I think the IBRX mentions led me to buying NOVN off some twitter research. What a good day, but honestly I'm just back to even now. I didn't think I bought in that late (I think I was in around 1.60), but the r/s seems to have put me in an even bigger hole. Here's to some more positive research findings...

3 minutes ago, NateHitch said:

Big money has loaded huge puts on HYG. Something big is happening. HYG has repeatedly been the canary in the coal mine. They're betting the bird is about to die again. Be careful next week, meme stocks might be about to flex on us

That would likely be great information if I understood what it means.

• Hook 'Em 1