Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

What is the witching shit?

You get turned into a newt.

Quadruple witching refers to a date on which stock index futures, stock index options, stock options, and single stock futures expire simultaneously. While stock options contracts and index options expire on the third Friday of every month, all four asset classes expire simultaneously on the third Friday of March, June, September, and December.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:40 AM, Anastasis said:

Not sure exactly why I hold NOVN but it probably has something to do with this thread. 

Another great day for NOVN. 21+% on the day. 110+% over a week. According to twitter the new PTs that came out last week are starting at $28, then $40, and Friday a $90 dropped. Somebody should run tell Reddit.... 

26 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

FWIW, I'm still holding. No idea what the floor or ceiling is, but FOMO/TINA.

Oh, I am too.  I have a long position and call options.  The call options have cost me a fortune.  Really irritated, but it is what it is.  I am ok with the risk.  Offsets any gains on other things, but it has been rough for me.

6 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

FWIW, I'm still holding. No idea what the floor or ceiling is, but FOMO/TINA.

IBRX has 11 products in phase 2 and more on the way.  I think $60 is not unreasonable as a PT.  If their Covid booster gets approved and recommended, IBRX will go well over $100.  If their non small cell lung cancer treatment works, it could go nuts.  Holding 27,800 shares @ $9.77 and would be buying more if I had more money.  Of course, I am the idiot who held while watching this stock free fall from 45 to 14.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/16/2021 at 2:12 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

IBRX has 11 products in phase 2 and more on the way.  I think $60 is not unreasonable as a PT.  If their Covid booster gets approved and recommended, IBRX will go well over $100.  If their non small cell lung cancer treatment works, it could go nuts.  Holding 27,800 shares @ $9.77 and would be buying more if I had more money.  Of course, I am the idiot who held while watching this stock free fall from 45 to 14.

Just doubled my position at sub $14.  Risk it for the biscuit.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Good dip buy opportunity on IBRX if you can stomach it. It’s got fairly strong support in this area.

I added to my position this morning to avg down a bit. Would love for this to go on a run back to $40 sometime soon

15 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Me too, it’s my largest position in a single stock. If this fails, Harrison might have to leave the country. 

J/k

We won’t let him get out…

If it fails, this dude is going to lose more money than all of us combined with how many shares he has haha

• Hook 'Em 1

ok, i was just coming here to ask about ibrx.

i rode it from $30-$38 and then unloaded.  then tried to pull that shit again and gave it all back.  i've avoided it the past couple months, but dammit it's tempting to jump back in, at the very least with some low hurdle/safe calls for sept/oct.

is that the move?  the shit is under $13.

26 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i rode it from $30-$38 and then unloaded.  then tried to pull that shit again and gave it all back.  i've avoided it the past couple months, but dammit it's tempting to jump back in, at the very least with some low hurdle/safe calls for sept/oct.

I agree that is looks like a safe(r) entry point - so I bought some Jan 22 $15 calls, offsetting the risk (and adding to the cost) I also bought some Jan 22 $10 puts
So if it's like everything else that I've bought lately, I've just defined the trading range for IBRX for the next 6 months

31 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

The 3 month chart on it is lovely, so good move in avoiding it.

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Me too, it’s my largest position in a single stock. If this fails, Harrison might have to leave the country. 

J/k

We won’t let him get out…

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

If it fails, this dude is going to lose more money than all of us combined with how many shares he has haha

IBRX got ahead of itself and I didn't see it.  I also got greedy.  It's biotech and huge swings in price happen.  Look at a 52 wk chart of MRNA or NVAX.  I feel like shit for not telling the board to sell at $40.  Also feel like shit for not telling myself to sell at $40.  However, my faith in the company to be successful with multiple drugs has not changed and I added 2,800 more shares on the way down at $19.14.   The drop in share price has been brutal and makes no sense, but this is the stock market and unexplainable shit happens.  Still holding 27,800 shares of IBRX at 9.77, 25,000 shares of UUUU at 5.28, and 150,000 shares of AMYXF at .85.  These 3 stocks are my biggest holdings and believe they will all become stonks in time.  When that happens, drinks are one me as I'll have enough money to buy a decent watering hole.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I feel like shit for not telling the board to sell at $40.

I know it’s human nature, for decent people, but absolutely no need to feel bad about this. You conducted your research, believed in the company, and shared that information. We are all adults here…. Well, at least we are all responsible for our own actions, and make these decisions as such. Mostly likely, it will pay all of us somewhere down the road. Only difference is, you’ll be living on a road with a gate and a guard shack.

• Hook 'Em 6

IBRX got ahead of itself and I didn't see it.  I also got greedy.  It's biotech and huge swings in price happen.  Look at a 52 wk chart of MRNA or NVAX.  I feel like shit for not telling the board to sell at $40.  Also feel like shit for not telling myself to sell at $40.  However, my faith in the company to be successful with multiple drugs has not changed and I added 2,800 more shares on the way down at $19.14.   The drop in share price has been brutal and makes no sense, but this is the stock market and unexplainable shit happens.  Still holding 27,800 shares of IBRX at 9.77, 25,000 shares of UUUU at 5.28, and 150,000 shares of AMYXF at .85.  These 3 stocks are my biggest holdings and believe they will all become stonks in time.  When that happens, drinks are one me as I'll have enough money to buy a decent watering hole.

Can you come to NYC and buy me some drinks? I've taken am absolute beating on my options play in IBRX. Still believe in it, but thr 8k I've lost would have paid for my A/W McQueen pre-orders.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
On 6/18/2021 at 2:16 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Can you come to NYC and buy me some drinks? I've taken am absolute beating on my options play in IBRX. Still believe in it, but thr 8k I've lost would have paid for my A/W McQueen pre-orders.

Wish I could, but the wife and I aren't yet flying because we're in the COVID high risk group (we're old).  For any of the three stocks I've recommended to the board (IBRX, UUUU, & AMYZF),  my suggestion is buy the stock and don't mess with buying call or put options.  On a personal note, I don't mess with options because that experience has left me blue-balled more often that not.  In my heart of hearts, I still believe IBRX, UUUU, & AMYZF will pop bigtime, but the timing is uncertain.  For IBRX, my price target is $60.  For UUUU, it's $35.  For AMYZF, it's $10.  When these stocks move, they'll move quickly which is why I haven't been trading around my positions (although, wish the hell I had been with IBRX).  When reaching these price targets, will reevaluate whether to sell all or part of the positions.  If what I think can happen does happen with each stock, there should be plenty more upside beyond these PT's.  Penny, am sorry you lost money, but you have a chance to make it up and then some with these stocks.  The Alexander McQueen threads you desire are still within your reach.  Personally, I'm a Rothman's guy, but this is America, baby.  Live like you gotta live. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Nice little rebound on IBRX.  I'm going to hold this mother fucker till it hits $40.  I initially bought at $32, doubled my position at $18 and then doubled my position again at $13.8.  The slightest bit of good news and this thing will rebound quick.  It's volatile which I like.  I may try to just play the yo-yo'ing of this stock.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Wish I could, but the wife and I aren't yet flying because we're in the COVID high risk group (we're old).  For any of the three stocks I've recommended to the board (IBRX, UUUU, & AMYZF),  my suggestion is buy the stock and don't mess with buying call or put options.  On a personal note, I don't mess with options because that experience has left me blue-balled more often that not.  In my heart of hearts, I still believe IBRX, UUUU, & AMYZF will pop bigtime, but the timing is uncertain.  For IBRX, my price target is $60.  For UUUU, it's $35.  For AMYZF, it's $10.  When these stocks move, they'll move quickly which is why I haven't been trading around my positions (although, wish the hell I had been with IBRX).  When reaching these price targets, will reevaluate whether to sell all or part of the positions.  If what I think can happen does happen with each stock, there should be plenty more upside beyond these PT's.  Penny, am sorry you lost money, but you have a chance to make it up and then some with these stocks.  The Alexander McQueen threads you desire are still within your reach.  Personally, I'm a Rothman's guy, but this is America, baby.  Live like you gotta live. 

Nice summary 

Here is a question related to one of my investing problems.
Do you place GTC sell orders at your target price (or a series of GTC orders) ? Because I've started to do that, as I realize I'm not able to track the stocks that I trade (ALPP, AMYZF, and a couple of much smaller positions). I don't worry about my core investments (SPY, and a couple of ETF's that track other indexes). I've missed too many opportunities when trades gap up and I'm not there to watch. 

54 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Nice summary 

Here is a question related to one of my investing problems.
Do you place GTC sell orders at your target price (or a series of GTC orders) ? Because I've started to do that, as I realize I'm not able to track the stocks that I trade (ALPP, AMYZF, and a couple of much smaller positions). I don't worry about my core investments (SPY, and a couple of ETF's that track other indexes). I've missed too many opportunities when trades gap up and I'm not there to watch. 

Sometimes, I do and sometimes I'll write calls with the hope of getting called away at or above a target price.  IBRX, UUUU, & AMYZF are >very< news driven, so in absence of knowing that news, it gets difficult to put a price target.  The PT's I've set for IBRX, UUUU, and AMYZF are based on the stock's price history, the price history of similar stocks, reasonable valuations based on upside, and my gut.  If the news is positive, these stocks should move substantially higher....IBRX with pancreatic cancer results, UUUU with rare earth refining on site, and AMYZF with a deal with a large battery manufacturer.  I'm not placing GTC sell orders on these three stocks because there are too many variables which could cause the share price to zoom by my price targets and I don't want to leave money on the table.      

• Hook 'Em 1

anybody got some water tech companies they consider promising? While the drought in the southwest isnt obscure news, I think you will see increasing media/news attention and sensationalist predictions of disaster on the topic as summer wears on. I plan on digging into the industry and figuring out what might be out there in terms of companies I have never heard of, but i figured maybe somone here has  a few to recommend. I'm already on HS's TURV pick , but consider that more of a geographic/real estate play than technology. Desalination is one obvious answer, but thats largely an energy challenge now. 

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

anybody got some water tech companies they consider promising? While the drought in the southwest isnt obscure news, I think you will see increasing media/news attention and sensationalist predictions of disaster on the topic as summer wears on. I plan on digging into the industry and figuring out what might be out there in terms of companies I have never heard of, but i figured maybe somone here has  a few to recommend. I'm already on HS's TURV pick , but consider that more of a geographic/real estate play than technology. Desalination is one obvious answer, but thats largely an energy challenge now. 

index_clip_image030.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

I'll start by apologizing for immediate-term loss of opportunity and then ask if anyone knows shit, cuz I certainly don't. My friend who's a PA told me to buy some $BPTH about a month ago. It was at $6 and he said he heard from someone who heard from someone $50 was right around the corner. So I made a small play because why not? But didn't share it here because I didn't know shit about the company. Anyways, it's up 18% in after-market hours this am. Twitter suggests it's trading on some sort of patent news. I'm hoping it holds and doesn't spend all day falling back to where it closed yday. 🤷‍♂️

Anyways, HQ'd in Bellaire, TX so I guess there's a possibility someone here might know someone/something. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Gradiant is a water treatment company worth keeping an eye on. They're currently venture backed and growing fairly rapidly at this point, but I haven't seen anything to date regarding an IPO. Just a name to file away if you're looking into investment in the water space in the future.

https://gradiant.com/

Edited by IDIOTsavant
Added the website link for those interested.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Anyone following the Sentinel One IPO? Competitor to ZScaler and Crowdstrike in endpoint security. Should be in a few weeks.

I’m batting 0/1 with IPOs this year after CoinBase and down about 30%. I thought was a pretty sure thing so I backed up the Brink truck and rode that Motherfucker alllll the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, BLKNSTY said:

Anyone following the Sentinel One IPO? Competitor to ZScaler and Crowdstrike in endpoint security. Should be in a few weeks.

I’m batting 0/1 with IPOs this year after CoinBase and down about 30%. I thought was a pretty sure thing so I backed up the Brink truck and rode that Motherfucker alllll the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Popped and fizzled.

RBLX still doing well tho.

On 6/18/2021 at 3:03 PM, Wally Fairway said:

I agree that is looks like a safe(r) entry point - so I bought some Jan 22 $15 calls, offsetting the risk (and adding to the cost) I also bought some Jan 22 $10 puts
So if it's like everything else that I've bought lately, I've just defined the trading range for IBRX for the next 6 months

so my puts never hit the price, so I'm unhedged long; and my calls are down today even though IBRX is up about 2.5%. Gotta love thinly traded options (caveat emptor)

1 minute ago, Bone3421 said:

If CLF pops today and I can get up to 200$ profit I'm probably going to sell and throw it all in GME....feeling like I need more

Other than that holding my uuuu and weed stonks until they come to fruition

I mean, I guess GME's chart is a good buy spot if you feel like the game will continue. I feel like at some point it's going to be like owning an NFT, really cool but nobody will buy it from you. Then again, I'm becoming an old man...

I mean, I guess GME's chart is a good buy spot if you feel like the game will continue. I feel like at some point it's going to be like owning an NFT, really cool but nobody will buy it from you. Then again, I'm becoming an old man...
I'm a believer...the game goes on

On 6/22/2021 at 8:08 AM, TommyGufano said:

I'll start by apologizing for immediate-term loss of opportunity and then ask if anyone knows shit, cuz I certainly don't. My friend who's a PA told me to buy some $BPTH about a month ago. It was at $6 and he said he heard from someone who heard from someone $50 was right around the corner. So I made a small play because why not? But didn't share it here because I didn't know shit about the company. Anyways, it's up 18% in after-market hours this am. Twitter suggests it's trading on some sort of patent news. I'm hoping it holds and doesn't spend all day falling back to where it closed yday. 🤷‍♂️

Anyways, HQ'd in Bellaire, TX so I guess there's a possibility someone here might know someone/something. 

The Venetoclax and Decitabine combo with their drug looked good but had a very small number of patients in the trial...certainly not big enough for statistical significance. BPTH will need a phase 3 trial and that I believe is enrolling now for target completion around the end of this year. They really don't have any other trial that's close to completing. They have some cash, but they will need it for trials. Stock does not trade options, so no ability to hedge with covered calls. I would follow this, not sure I would buy anything more than a small position without more data.  Ask your PA what “right around the corner” means in terms of time.  He could very well mean the end of this year as six months in biotech time es nada.

• Like 1