Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

24 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

AMYZF now +.23 @ 1.14.  That’s a 25% move.  Need to clear 1.15 for a technical breakout.  Looks like it could make 10x the 30 day avg. volume.

Was patiently waiting for this one.  Now IBRX and UUUU need to do it too.  I bought back into uranium when it dropped around 4.75.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

AMYZF +.07 @ .98.  Has already traded 630,000 shares (normal day's volume is 329,000 shrs).  I continue to hold a position of 150,000 shrs @ .85.  LFG!

I was happy with my 15k shares until I read this.  Just kidding, still happy.

What's a realistic upside on this thing?  Market Cap is about $250M in USD.

7 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Was patiently waiting for this one.  Now IBRX and UUUU need to do it too.  I bought back into uranium when it dropped around 4.75.

same, was swinging it and have a current UUUU avg @ 4.84. holding for that run to $6-7+ again plz.

22 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

I was happy with my 15k shares until I read this.  Just kidding, still happy.

What's a realistic upside on this thing?  Market Cap is about $250M in USD.

I believe a much bigger fish will buy AMYZF for the company’s patents.  Am thinking $10+/shr and it happens in the next 12 months.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 3

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

From your fucking lips to gods ears. 

Rather than waiting for the company to grow organically (with deferred satisfaction regarding the sp), sell the damn company and make Surly some coin.  It also takes the guesswork out of when to sell your shares.  If AMYZF continues to receive positive news, we should see this play out sooner than later.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Rather than waiting for the company to grow organically (with deferred satisfaction regarding the sp), sell the damn company and make Surly some coin.  It also takes the guesswork out of when to sell your shares.  If AMYZF continues to receive positive news, we should see this play out sooner than later.  

Considering Larry's age and him mentioning grandkids, I'm guessing he's on board with this plan.

• Like 1

Just how much is Tesla(?) willing to pay for it as outstanding shares are 215M

On 8/28/2021 at 10:47 AM, bluto said:

Just how much is Tesla(?) willing to pay for it as outstanding shares are 215M

AMYZF owns a bunch of mineral properties as well as patents on the manganese and battery recovery and recycle technology. Not sure a Tesla would want the properties, but they might be able to sell them to offset part of the overall purchase price. If they were to buy >before< AMYZF started building a facility at a battery plant like in Italy….$5/shr seems reasonable to me.  If AMYZF has contracts to recover the Wenden stockpile or to recycle for another manufacturer, I think you’d have to go up by at least the value of those contracts with some multiple. Hard to put a figure on it without knowing how much scrap Tesla generates making batteries and their estimated battery recycle volumes, but for a Tesla…they have $15 billion in cash on the balance sheet. So, spending one to $2 billion is not difficult if they really want the company.

30 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

AMYZF owns a bunch of mineral properties as well as patents on the manganese and battery recovery and recycle technology. Not sure a Tesla would want the properties, but they might be able to sell them to offset part of the overall purchase price. If they were to buy >before< AMYZF started building a facility at a battery plant like in Italy….$5/shr seems reasonable to me.  If AMYZF has contracts to recover the Wenden stockpile or to recycle for another manufacturer, I think you’d have to go up by at least the value of those contracts with some multiple. Hard to put a figure on it without knowing how much scrap Tesla generates making batteries and their estimated battery recycle volumes, but for a Tesla…they have $15 billion in cash on the balance sheet. So, spending one to $2 billion is not difficult if they really want the company.

Stop making me think I need to buy more and more; while waiting for another dip to average down with that next purchase!
LOL

5 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Stop making me think I need to buy more and more; while waiting for another dip to average down with that next purchase!
LOL

Counterpoint, they have been around since 2010 issuing promising press releases and have yet to report any sales. I jumped in after HS's recommendations in Jan, but did so considering it high risk high reward. For me, its the type of investment you buy and forget about for a couple of years, because its not likely to really take off until they have revenue. Stock price will meander up and down until then.  

image.png.6ebb4855a107d423fabaaaa4e086eff5.png

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/patent-application-submitted-for-energy-efficient-environmentally-friendly-process-to-produce-electrolytic-manganese-metal/

The linked press release is from 2010. 11 years later, still no revenue nor projections of revenue. The attraction for me is the battery recycling part of the business, the rest is noise. The thing that keeps me from buying more is they seem to have an aversion to ever make revenue predictions, which tells me they still arent that close. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

LGND squeezing on an approval in china for a partners drug. 

Yes. Yes it is. Maybe one of these trips up I will actually sell some as opposed to watching it run to $200+ and collapse back down. Still my largest individual stock holding, but obviously not nearly as large as in Feb. 

• Like 1

652b46cf0b7142dcac7a2a6cf1fa2af5.jpeg

News Release - August 31, 2021

Japanese Patent Office Issues Patent for American Manganese’s Closed-Loop Lithium-ion Battery Upcycling Process

August 31, 2021 - Surrey, B.C. Canada

TSX-V: AMY | OTCQB: AMYZF | FSE: 2AM

American Manganese Inc. (“AMY” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that the Japanese Patent Office has issued Patent No. 6906060, for the company’s closed-loop lithium-ion battery upcycling process, RecycLiCo™. The Japanese Patent joins already issued patents in the United States (U.S. Patent No. 10246343 and U.S. Patent No. 10308523) and South Korea (Patent No. 10-2246670). The Company has also filed National Phase Patent Applications for China, Europe, Australia, India, and Canada.

The patent provides coverage for AMY’s novel closed-loop method for achieving up to 100% extraction of cobalt, nickel, manganese, aluminum, and lithium from the treatment of several cathode chemistries such as lithium-cobalt oxide (LCO), lithium-nickel-manganese-cobalt oxide (NMC), and lithium-nickel-cobalt-aluminum oxide (NCA). Most of the electric vehicle market uses NMC and NCA cathode chemistries, while LCO cathodes are used in smaller portable electronics.

Compared to traditional hydrometallurgical recycling processes, the Company’s patented closed-loop process offers advantages such as faster reaction rates, lower consumption of acids, improved water balance, and higher leaching efficiency.

“As we move towards our goal of commercialization, we are reminded by the foundation of patents that supported our growth in battery recycling and we are honoured to be issued another patent by a country that is one of the world leaders in battery innovation,” said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese, “Innovation is at the core of our company and as a pioneer in battery recycling we continue to monitor new lithium-ion battery technologies and opportunities.”

About American Manganese Inc.

American Manganese Inc. is a critical minerals company focused on the upcycling of lithium-ion battery waste into high-value battery cathode materials, using its closed-loop RecycLiCo™ process. With minimal processing steps and up to 99% extraction of lithium, cobalt, nickel, and manganese, the upcycling process creates valuable lithium-ion battery materials for direct integration into the re-manufacturing of new lithium-ion batteries.

American Manganese’s original patented manganese process is the cornerstone technology in the development of the Company’s lithium-ion battery cathode recycling process, RecycLiCo™.

On behalf of Management

Larry W. Reaugh

President and Chief Executive Officer

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:
652b46cf0b7142dcac7a2a6cf1fa2af5.jpeg

News Release - August 31, 2021

Japanese Patent Office Issues Patent for American Manganese’s Closed-Loop Lithium-ion Battery Upcycling Process

August 31, 2021 - Surrey, B.C. Canada

TSX-V: AMY | OTCQB: AMYZF | FSE: 2AM

American Manganese Inc. (“AMY” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce that the Japanese Patent Office has issued Patent No. 6906060, for the company’s closed-loop lithium-ion battery upcycling process, RecycLiCo™. The Japanese Patent joins already issued patents in the United States (U.S. Patent No. 10246343 and U.S. Patent No. 10308523) and South Korea (Patent No. 10-2246670). The Company has also filed National Phase Patent Applications for China, Europe, Australia, India, and Canada.

The patent provides coverage for AMY’s novel closed-loop method for achieving up to 100% extraction of cobalt, nickel, manganese, aluminum, and lithium from the treatment of several cathode chemistries such as lithium-cobalt oxide (LCO), lithium-nickel-manganese-cobalt oxide (NMC), and lithium-nickel-cobalt-aluminum oxide (NCA). Most of the electric vehicle market uses NMC and NCA cathode chemistries, while LCO cathodes are used in smaller portable electronics.

Compared to traditional hydrometallurgical recycling processes, the Company’s patented closed-loop process offers advantages such as faster reaction rates, lower consumption of acids, improved water balance, and higher leaching efficiency.

“As we move towards our goal of commercialization, we are reminded by the foundation of patents that supported our growth in battery recycling and we are honoured to be issued another patent by a country that is one of the world leaders in battery innovation,” said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese, “Innovation is at the core of our company and as a pioneer in battery recycling we continue to monitor new lithium-ion battery technologies and opportunities.”

About American Manganese Inc.

American Manganese Inc. is a critical minerals company focused on the upcycling of lithium-ion battery waste into high-value battery cathode materials, using its closed-loop RecycLiCo™ process. With minimal processing steps and up to 99% extraction of lithium, cobalt, nickel, and manganese, the upcycling process creates valuable lithium-ion battery materials for direct integration into the re-manufacturing of new lithium-ion batteries.

American Manganese’s original patented manganese process is the cornerstone technology in the development of the Company’s lithium-ion battery cathode recycling process, RecycLiCo™.

On behalf of Management

Larry W. Reaugh

President and Chief Executive Officer

sounds like good news, let's see how the market reacts
Yawn Yawning GIF - Yawn Yawning Sleepy - Discover &amp; Share GIFs

I just received an email from one of my investment guys who said it's time to exit Cleveland Cliffs (CLF). He said the company's valuation has become rich relative to the industry.  The upside opportunity remains, but much more limited at these levels.  He also said the CEO named his son as CFO yesterday and there is downside risk to this announcement.  CLF went through a long period weighed down by heavy bets against the stock from the short selling community and this news carries a risk it will raise flags and embolden the short sellers again.  @Queen Bitch @Bone3421 @Cheeseweasel @KeysPhoneWallet Queenie and Bone, you may still have positions in CLF and Cheese and Keys, am uncertain if you took a position as you commented on their posts.  This guy is right a >lot< more than he's wrong.  So, I'm simply sharing information with the board. 

*Full Disclosure - I do not own shares in CLF and have never owned shares in CLF.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

I just received an email from one of my investment guys who said it's time to exit Cleveland Cliffs (CLF). He said the company's valuation has become rich relative to the industry.  The upside opportunity remains, but much more limited at these levels.  He also said the CEO named his son as CFO yesterday and there is downside risk to this announcement.  CLF went through a long period weighed down by heavy bets against the stock from the short selling community and this news carries a risk it will raise flags and embolden the short sellers again.  [mention=2909]Queen Bitch[/mention] [mention=1923]Bone3421[/mention] [mention=1636]Cheeseweasel[/mention] [mention=2368]KeysPhoneWallet[/mention] Queenie and Bone, you may still have positions in CLF and Cheese and Keys, am uncertain if you took a position as you commented on their posts.  This guy is right a >lot *Full Disclosure - I do not own shares in CLF and have never owned shares in CLF.
Gracias ..I was thinking about selling a bit ago for profit..guess I will and hope to jump back in if it dips hard

I bought some 1/23 calls when it dipped to 22.5 a couple of weeks ago so I’m still in.

It’s hard to believe a company that may earn their entire market cap by 1/22, supplies 1/3 of the us auto’s steel needs , and will have zero net debt by that point is going to go down from here because he named his son cfo, is he unqualified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I bought some 1/23 calls when it dipped to 22.5 a couple of weeks ago so I’m still in.

It’s hard to believe a company that may earn their entire market cap by 1/22, supplies 1/3 of the us auto’s steel needs , and will have zero net debt by that point is going to go down from here because he named his son cfo, is he unqualified?

No, my guy (Bryan Rich....not kidding....that's his name) says the son is experienced and has advanced into the role of company Treasurer over the last five years with CLF.  Nonetheless, Bryan Rich sent an email to, specifically, make this recommendation to his subscribers (who have probably been in the stock since it was $8 if they bought when he recommended taking a position).  Could he be wrong?  Sure.  However, it would have been remiss of me not to share this info with the board. 

• Like 1

No, my guy (Bryan Rich....not kidding....that's his name) says the son is experienced and has advanced into the role of company Treasurer over the last five years with CLF.  Nonetheless, Bryan Rich sent an email to, specifically, make this recommendation to his subscribers (who have probably been in the stock since it was $8 if they bought when he recommended taking a position).  Could he be wrong?  Sure.  However, it would have been remiss of me not to share this info with the board. 

It’s full of uncertainty but clf checks a lot of boxes for me. Also I bought 1/23 calls when the stock was like $22.50 so I’m fairly confident they’ll perform well over the next 12 months, I got time is what I’m saying.

Lower p/e than other companies

Chad ceo that is going to improve the balance sheet by paying off debt.

Demand booming, Supply constrained, and China is fundamentally changing their role in global steel, so the macro is right

Mostly fixed expenses so the company prints money when hrc >$600, and I believe new “normal” hrc will be >=$1200 so the long term models are consistently understating which means it will continue to print earnings and the long term DCF valuations are understated

Company takes care of its people and has a quality product

I believe inflation is a problem and companies that make money during inflationary periods will eventually be rewarded.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

HS this uranium stuff is starting to spark. Not sure how much you’re keeping tabs with the day to day but spot price reached 6 yr high.

I hope so bc I’m still bagholding shares and 1/22 calls on uuuu. I’m praying for a ibrx miracle too bc I’m bagholding on those with pure stubborn determination.

I held mrna right up until it exploded and I regret exiting, so I’m sticking with my instincts and being patient.
  • Hook 'Em 1

What I don’t get is how is it rich relative to peers? It’s nearest peer is Nucor and the clf multiple is lower. I think the whole steel sector multiples are low bc the analysts keep thinking hrc is going back to $600, but it isn’t.

I figure it will be worth $40 by next year end

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

What I don’t get is how is it rich relative to peers? It’s nearest peer is Nucor and the clf multiple is lower. I think the whole steel sector multiples are low bc the analysts keep thinking hrc is going back to $600, but it isn’t.

I figure it will be worth $40 by next year end

‘’On trailing 12 months numbers, if CLF hits the target of $5.5 billion in ebItda for the full year, it still values the company in line with U.S. Steel. Bottom line, the upside opportunity remains, but is much more limited at these levels and there are better risk/reward opportunities in the market”.  His words, not mine.  It sounds as though you’ve done your DD and I wish you the best of luck.

‘’On trailing 12 months numbers, if CLF hits the target of $5.5 billion in ebItda for the full year, it still values the company in line with U.S. Steel. Bottom line, the upside opportunity remains, but is much more limited at these levels and there are better risk/reward opportunities in the market”.  His words, not mine.  It sounds as though you’ve done your DD and I wish you the best of luck.

5.5b is a reasonable estimate for fy21 earnings. And it will probably be higher in 2022. That’s how I figure they’ll make $10b by ye22. That’s around their current market cap. That’s why I think it is undervalued. I think there has been a show me attitude on this company bc it’s never made money like this. And I believe they will show analysts the money. I think the whole sectors multiple should go up.

It’s like the whole popularity contest vs weighing machine thing, just gotta be patient

Plus as long as clf is playing fairly reliable patterns, it seems easy for some swing trading on top of the long term hold.

What I think, or what other random internet posters think, have absolutely no bearing on what a particular stock, or the overall market, will do.
Market makers control the prices and we just have to ride the waves. 

Yea but that’s the cynical view, right? And I mean it’s fun to discuss amirite?… and there are fundamentals at play some times..and we aren’t really just random internet posters. I don’t feel personally like a random person, I’m me and I assume you feel similarly. I figure I’d probably like most of y’all iRL if I knew you, and vice versa bc I’m dope and I do dope things. We’re all probably actual people behind our handles on a small longhorn centered board, so not that random.

12 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Yea but that’s the cynical view, right?

I call it a realistic view. This stuff is fun to talk about and fun to trade, but the reality is, big money makes the moves. It’s their game, but we’re allowed to play. Kind of like scavengers during a shark frenzy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well I sold my CLF for little profit and I threw it all in on some more UUUU so even though CLF is going up the last few days I've actually came out ahead as UUUU has went up more....

I know I brought it up awhile ago but if uranium is going to be a hot commodity then playing the whole field could be wise...which brings me to Denison mines. I made a few quick bucks on it a few months ago when it ran to 1.50 per share and it seems to be back on the move if anyone wants some dirt cheap upside currently back up to 1.37 a share and up 27% this week

Hopefully it still has some legs and I didn't notice it again too late

On 8/30/2021 at 5:55 PM, Blotto said:

Counterpoint, they have been around since 2010 issuing promising press releases and have yet to report any sales. I jumped in after HS's recommendations in Jan, but did so considering it high risk high reward. For me, its the type of investment you buy and forget about for a couple of years, because its not likely to really take off until they have revenue. Stock price will meander up and down until then.  

image.png.6ebb4855a107d423fabaaaa4e086eff5.png

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/patent-application-submitted-for-energy-efficient-environmentally-friendly-process-to-produce-electrolytic-manganese-metal/

The linked press release is from 2010. 11 years later, still no revenue nor projections of revenue. The attraction for me is the battery recycling part of the business, the rest is noise. The thing that keeps me from buying more is they seem to have an aversion to ever make revenue predictions, which tells me they still arent that close. 

Like you, I have a position in AMYZF and am not looking for a short term trade (same with IBRX & UUUU).  As news comes….another MoU, selling product from a demo plant, or a buyout, it will move.  Many years ago, American Manganese started developing the technology for manganese and the Wenden stockpile. By the time the company had it figured out, the price of manganese fell to a level that the project was borderline economic.  Hence, ten years with no revenue.  However, AMY used that time to develop the lithium battery recycling technology from the manganese process.  I don’t think we have another 10 year wait.  The R&D is, basically, done and, now, AMYZF is moving to the commercialization stage.  Holding 150,000 shares @ .85.

• Hook 'Em 1