Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

I'm about to dip into options for the first time.
Thinking of picking up JAN '22 calls for $1.95, $10 strike price.
Any reason not to do it? I feel good about that price by JAN. It looks like it's rumbling and ready to move.

Amateur tip, help us help you by saying what stock you’re looking into.
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

haha. UUUU.

I'm holding some of those so will be rooting for you. I've rarely bought options but I recently dipped my toe in on UUUU as I was already holding some shares. Still trying to figure out my strategy if this thing keeps going up and whether it would be beneficial to buy the shares on expiration.

Monday dinner at the MirrOlure house:

Son:  "Hey dad, you should pile up on OPAD in your 401k Brokerage account"

Me: "Tell me more"

Son: "Blah blah blah blah"

[THREE DAYS LATER]

Son: "Hey...did you buy OPAD Tuesday morning?"

Me:  "No...what's OPAD?"

F.M.L.

Edited by MirrOlure
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Monday dinner at the MirrOlure house:

Son:  "Hey dad, you should pile up on OPAD in your 401k Brokerage account"

Me: "Tell me more"

Son: "Blah blah blah blah"

[THREE DAYS LATER]

Son: "Hey...did you buy OPAD Tuesday morning?"

Me:  "No...what's OPAD?"

F.M.L.

The first step to regaining control of your life is to buy UUUU.

• Hook 'Em 3

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

I'm about to dip into options for the first time.

Thinking of picking up JAN '22 calls for $1.95, $10 strike price.

Any reason not to do it? I feel good about that price by JAN. It looks like it's rumbling and ready to move.

I think you best short term bet is to ask @Wally Fairway what he's buying.

Then short it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've seen some chatter various places about China's Evergrande Group defaulting on a fuckton of debt Monday. There are varying opinions on the significance and I don't know shit about it, but it seems worth keeping an eye on. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-16/china-s-nightmare-evergrande-scenario-is-an-uncontrolled-crash

DERP! see its  being discussed on the other markets thread. nothing to see here.

Edited by Blotto

A loud alpp shorter/basher on Twitter said to expect massive news in the next 2 wks, and they were closing out of their short positions. Actually matches up with another person’s statement on end of sept big news hitting. Both claim they signed NDA’s on it. Only thing I can guess is drone sales/some partnership announcement.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

A loud alpp shorter/basher on Twitter said to expect massive news in the next 2 wks, and they were closing out of their short positions. Actually matches up with another person’s statement on end of sept big news hitting. Both claim they signed NDA’s on it. Only thing I can guess is drone sales/some partnership announcement.

Black Widow Avengers GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Any links to share? I have to say I’ve remained steadfast with ALPP until this last month when it’s been kinda a mental beat down watching it get worked down.
Here hoping to $20 a share by EOY.

Edit: I know the ALPP basher. Fuck that twat.

Not really a Stonks type company but DVAX is something that bears looking at. I am still doing my DD on DVAX.

Here is a post from a Yahoo board:

Long thesis: 2021 is a truly transformational year for DVAX. IMO, it is extremely undervalued. It is also heavily shorted which kept the stock down. It should be trading at at least 5 times higher.

Goldman Sachs on Heplisav-B: "We believe DVAX’s two-shot hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccine Heplisav-B is potentially best-in-class in the HBV vaccination space which, despite COVID-19 headwinds in 2020, already generates nearly $400M in revenues annually in the US in spite of modest market penetration. To that end, the key near-term event for DVAX shares is the October vote by the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) on the potential recommendation for HBV vaccination for all adults, which has the potential to both improve market uptake among at-risk populations and more broadly expand the market to non-at-risk individuals. Given Heplisav-B’s potential best-in-class efficacy and two-dose convenience, we believe DVAX would likely prove a key beneficiary of this potential positive CDC ACIP vote."

Goldman Sachs on CpG1018: "Beyond HBV, DVAX’s adjuvant CpG 1018 has potential use across multiple late-stage COVID-19 vaccines which, if successful, could provide substantial non-dilutive cash through supply agreements. Overall, we view DVAX’s Heplisav-B as a potentially market-changing HBV vaccine, with COVID-19 adjuvant partnerships providing multiple near-term call options."

H.C. Wainwright on CpG1018: "Due to the high incidence of the Covid delta variant and the consensus that vaccine boosters could become commonplace, the analyst believes the revenue generated from Dynavax's adjuvant for Covid vaccines could be higher than initially expected. He continues to forecast CpG 1018 revenue of $314M in 2021" 

The DVAX adjuvant is  is licensed to multiple companies like VALN and Clover who have COVID-19 vaccines in testing.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/covid-19-vaccine-developed-by-clover-biopharmaceuticals-using-dynavaxs-cpg-1018-adjuvant-meets-primary-and-secondary-efficacy-endpoints-in-global-phase-23-trial-301382650.html 

Ford announced has invested $50 with batter recycling company Redwood Materials. 

https://www.redwoodmaterials.com/press/redwood-materials-and-ford-motor-company-announce-strategic-relationship

And I think about what an announcement like that would mean to AMY; no matter it's up another $0.005 today 🙄

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Ford announced has invested $50 with batter recycling company Redwood Materials. 

https://www.redwoodmaterials.com/press/redwood-materials-and-ford-motor-company-announce-strategic-relationship

And I think about what an announcement like that would mean to AMY; no matter it's up another $0.005 today 🙄

I don’t really think a $50 investment from Ford is all that significant. Now, $50 million, that would be something to talk about. My only question would be, what are they doing with recycled batters? Forming minor-minor league teams?

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Having tried to use leftover pancake batter in a number of disappointing ways, I am unexcited by this development.

Leftover batter and recycled batter are two totally separate things. Recycled batter is just shit.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
Or is that repurposed?

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Well boys, the wheels are falling off. AMY is going below a dollar for sure now. Wait...

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/american-manganese-announces-resignation-of-a-director/

{whispers} it hasn't been above $1 for about 2 weeks; this is okay, as I'm in it for the long haul I'll look to buy more if it dips below $0.75. I'm know there is no guarantee that their methods to recycle lithium batteries scales up to commerical scale and someone is going to be recycling a lot of vehicle batteries starting in a few year.
Also, the PR is very thin, and Lageschulte staying on in an advisory roll confuses me (which really isn't that hard to do) and Broadbill Investment Partners has the most meaningless webpage I've ever seen - contact information and this "Broadbill is an experienced team of investors focused on niche investment opportunities in the distressed sector."

It may be years away but I believe there is an upside to this, but the time has to be right. Diamond hands, blah blah blah ..... stonks only go up (eventually - unless they don't)

More good news from AMYZF. 

https://www.accesswire.com/666005/American-Manganese-Successfully-Upcycles-EV-Battery-Black-Mass-into-NMC-811-Cathode-Precursor

American Manganese Successfully Upcycles EV Battery Black Mass into NMC-811 Cathode Precursor

Spoiler

SURREY, BC / ACCESSWIRE / September 29, 2021 / American Manganese Inc. ("AMY" or the "Company") (TSXV:AMY)(OTCQB:AMYZF)(FSE:2AM) is pleased to report the successful upcycling of lithium-ion battery black mass into NMC-811 (nickel-manganese-cobalt oxide) cathode precursor, using AMY's RecycLiCo™ closed-loop process. These results are a continuation of earlier success where the Company upcycled the same black mass sample into NMC-622, as announced in the Company's August 24, 2021 news release.

"The production of NMC-811 and NMC-622 cathode precursor directly from the same lithium-ion battery black mass sample demonstrates RecycLiCo's ability to adjust its product output to changing battery cathode precursor demands of future customers," said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese. "Our testing program aims to grow strategic partnerships with leaders in the electric vehicle and lithium-ion battery industry and we are pleased to demonstrate our practical and efficient solution for achieving high-quality cathode precursors with one closed-loop process."

amy1.png

Scanning Electron Microscopy Scan of NMC-811 Cathode Precursor from Upcycled Lithium-ion Battery Black Mass

Lab-scale leaching tests confirmed over 99% leach extraction efficiency of lithium, nickel, manganese, and cobalt. Following the recovery of cathode precursor material (nickel, manganese, and cobalt), the RecycLiCo™ process separately extracts high purity lithium while regenerating process chemicals for reuse in the process. The closed-loop and value-added processing methods achieve low chemical consumption, good overall mass balance, and refined final products that are key to lithium-ion battery manufacturing.

The black mass sample was sent by an electric vehicle manufacturer to confirm the viability of American Manganese's patented process to extract valuable lithium-ion battery materials. The black mass was produced by mechanical size reduction of end-of-life lithium-ion batteries, resulting in a powder substance that contains critical battery materials, including lithium, cobalt, nickel, and manganese, as well as copper, aluminum, and graphite.

Picture7.jpg

Black Mass from Mechanically Treated Electric Vehicle Batteries

The solution produced after leaching the black mass is adjusted to the desired ratio of nickel, manganese, and cobalt before the direct co-precipitation of the NMC-811 cathode precursor. The number designation following NMC indicates the ratio of nickel, manganese, and cobalt contained (i.e. the NMC-811 ratio is 80% nickel, 10% manganese, and 10% cobalt). Modern electric vehicle battery packs are predominantly shifting to higher nickel-containing cathode materials and American Manganese has demonstrated this essential processing flexibility to upcycle older electric vehicle battery materials into the next generation of lithium-ion battery cathode precursor materials.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 6:40 AM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Well boys, the wheels are falling off. AMY is going below a dollar for sure now. Wait...

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/american-manganese-announces-resignation-of-a-director/

surging towards that $1 hurdle; maybe another director should resign, hell maybe all of them {shrug - whatever works}

• Hook 'Em 2