Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

It may be apostasy but I don’t fall in love with stock.  I made my best money ever back in the 90s on an unknown company but did it instead of buying Dell or later, Amazon.  So there is always a better buy.  I’ve made so much on alpo I can’t complain, but I’ll probably exit as well if we’re going over 10, then re-evaluate.  I got out of HMBL and am not going back.  I should probably not have ridden poor AMYZF all the way down but here I am.  

In summary I don’t know what the fuck I am doing, which is why 95 percent of my money is in fidelity managed funds.  I can play with the rest and it’s fun but other than being mad if I lost it life would go on.

• Like 1

A criminal complaint was filed today with the SEC against Greg Harrington who is the CEO of Two Rivers Water & Farming Co. (TURV).  The complaint alleges failure to disclose material information, taking of company assets for personal use and possible embezzlement.  The SEC does not acknowledge any such complaints until public proceedings or a criminal case is brought.

To those of you who bought TURV after I mentioned it here, my apologies. To those who sold at 50 cents, you are smarter than me.

I guess I will be a bag holder for a while until any investigation is finished. I'm hoping to recover something but it will be a while. 🤬

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, WithoutAClue said:

A criminal complaint was filed today with the SEC against Greg Harrington who is the CEO of Two Rivers Water & Farming Co. (TURV).  The complaint alleges failure to disclose material information, taking of company assets for personal use and possible embezzlement.  The SEC does not acknowledge any such complaints until public proceedings or a criminal case is brought.

To those of you who bought TURV after I mentioned it here, my apologies. To those who sold at 50 cents, you are smarter than me.

I guess I will be a bag holder for a while until any investigation is finished. I'm hoping to recover something but it will be a while. 🤬

Oh well.  No need to apologize, we are all big boys and were just chasing another dopamine hit. 

54 minutes ago, WithoutAClue said:

To those of you who bought TURV after I mentioned it here, my apologies.

I'm sure I would have never bought TURV without you mentioning it, but I also wouldn’t have bought FPVD and others without RC and others mentioning them. at the end of the day, I bought the stonk. anybody buying these shit penny flyers should understand the risks and invest accordingly. TURV won't be the only casualty of mine this year, but the wins exceeded the losses by a fair amount, so I hope everyone keeps the gambles coming.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I just have a feeling the scale of people anticipating the ALPP uplist is heavily weighted on the seller’s side. We know many are likely holding on to some hefty long term profits and may feel it’s a good time to take those gains if the price doesn’t noon like they’d hoped, causing the opposite effect. These same people may be ALPP for life, like some Surly posters with tattoos on their lower backs.

15 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I just have a feeling the scale of people anticipating the ALPP uplist is heavily weighted on the seller’s side. We know many are likely holding on to some hefty long term profits and may feel it’s a good time to take those gains if the price doesn’t noon like they’d hoped, causing the opposite effect. These same people may be ALPP for life, like some Surly posters with tattoos on their lower backs.

I think you may be right.  Tomorrow could be a volatile day.  And I think some of those same people think there is some sort of pent up demand of folks who have wanted to buy this but couldn't.  Like Apple introducing a new IPhone or something.  I'm going to put in a limit order to see if I can sell some parts at a crazy peak, but I would be surprised if it lost value tomorrow.

The more interesting time period will be between now and EOY when they inevitably announce new contracts, acquisitions, and hopefully positive Q3 earnings and future outlook.  That will hopefully start a steady climb upward and more investors become aware.

Def some concern that the turbo charge buying interest was already accounted for in the last few weeks of run up. Dare I say …. Priced in. Some PR would certainly(?) help the situation. They ain’t said shit about shit in forever.

Edited to add, besides big market effs or folks who bought 2 wks ago I can’t imagine who the hell was selling today.

I wouldn’t get greedy, the uplist news was what everyone was waiting for. There is no other news or fundamentals to push the stock much higher than just uplisting will and some of that is priced in already over the last few days. There is nothing out there that makes this a $10 stock, hell IBRX with several big money drugs in play is just bouncing around under $10.

• Hook 'Em 3

On ALPP, I’m not seeing any volume numbers since I’m on my phone, but I’m guessing retail who were thinking we moon this morning are dumping their positions to lock in the gains they have. I’m gonna continue to hold what I have and maybe snag a little more on dips until something more appealing catches my eye.

Soooooooo much hype for today
Soooooooo much disappointment for today, and tomorrow, and ...........

What is the next highly anticipated catalyst?
It sure isn't anyone wanting to buy the company - for what construction services? circuit board assembly? Those are really the only 2 business that have revenue and earnings; the rest is all bet on becoming a go to company in drones, blockChain management software, they list A4 defense systems but there is nothing in the link. Go to the management page and the VP Sales, CFO, CIO and VP HR all have a coming soon note for their bio.
I've realized that I wanted to believe there was something to scale up to with their businesses, but without and acquisition (which would be a good reason to value a publicly traded stock), or something in the drone area .... it is all a non-synergistic group of businesses that is losing money.
I give Kent a lot of credit for taking a business which in 2017 had circuit assembly, well testing and Venture West Energy Services (bankrupt in 2019), and turning it into a penny stock darling. 

I'm thinking it is time to bail (maybe keep a few shares) and look for a different shiny something to catch my eye

1 hour ago, WithoutAClue said:

there are a lot of ALPP shareholders who thought moving to the NASDAQ would get rid of the shenanigans played by the OTC market makers. now it is shenanigans played by the NASDAQ MM's. 🤣

No kidding, just look at today's action.  Drive the price down at the start then let it creep back up.  Classic.