Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

On 5/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, Blotto said:

Plowed most of that profit into Wed 410 puts @ $0.25.

So in short, expect the markets to be up strong the next two days. 

Hopefully you excited yesterday when there was downward momentum, and you weren't staring at end of day expiration

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Hopefully you excited yesterday when there was downward momentum, and you weren't staring at end of day expiration

I completely exited that trade yesterday morning for a cost average of $1.25. The price has been all over since then, but currently its right around $1.60 (they expire today). I took about 25% of those profits and bought some SPY $400p that  expire Friday. Those are up about 70%. Basically managed to keep my overall gamble portfolio even for the week, so no complaints. 

46 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Who exactly is their target customer?

You answered your own question, trash that the dollar stores passes on.

Look, I wasn’t exactly investing here… just trying to make a few bucks. I thought I was safely assuming the target audience would eat up this hot garbage, with the added benefit of not having drive their clunker to the dollar store.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

You answered your own question, trash that the dollar stores passes on.

Look, I wasn’t exactly investing here… just trying to make a few bucks. I thought I was safely assuming the target audience would eat up this hot garbage, with the added benefit of not having drive their clunker to the dollar store.

Regular dollar store shoppers are probably paying cash. One big problem for online retailers trying to aim for that clientele. 

13 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Yep, took my losses as soon as I read the e/r. I’m don’t know much about the company but an online retailer struggling right now doesn’t seem like a good sign.

My father in law owes me a nice dinner and a bottle of whiskey after recommending that stock to me.  Of all the stocks on down on, this is the one I regret investing in the most.  I’m Dow like 60-70%.  Might as well hold on to it at this point....

IBRX up 10% on this:

FDA Authorizes ImmunityBio to Conduct a Trial of its First-in-Human, Cryopreserved, Memory Cytokine-Enriched NK Cell (m-ceNK) Platform in Solid Tumors

https://immunitybio.com/fda-authorizes-immunitybio-to-conduct-a-trial-of-its-first-in-human-cryopreserved-memory-cytokine-enriched-nk-cell-m-cenk-platform-in-solid-tumors/

Spoiler

May 17, 2021

• The first-in-class, memory cytokine-enriched Natural Killer (m-ceNKÔ) cells are the patient’s own NK cells that have been enriched with cytokines, including ImmunityBio’s IL-15 superagonist Anktiva (N-803)
  • The resulting cryopreserved m-ceNK cells have an enhanced ability to recognize and kill cancer targets with longer persistence
  • An initial study inolving 20 subjects (15 healthy donors and five cancer patients) showed that healthy and patient-derived m-ceNK cells killed NK-resistant tumor cells with equal potency in preclinical models
  • Over 3000 percent m-ceNK cell expansion was achieved from a single blood draw enabling the potential for 10 to 20 infusions of a billion cells per dose
  • The Phase 1 open-label study authorized by the FDA will begin enrolling participants with metastatic solid tumors in Q2 2021.

CULVER CITY, Calif., May 17, 2021 – ImmunityBio, Inc. (NASDAQ: IBRX), a clinical-stage immunotherapy company, today announced it has received FDA authorization to conduct a Phase 1 study to evaluate the safety and preliminary efficacy of its m-ceNKÔ platform combined with its IL-15 superagonist Anktiva (N-803) in subjects with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors. These NK cells retrieved from the patient and enriched with cytokines have the ability to recognize and kill cancer targets with increased production of interferon-g (IFN-γ), a cytokine demonstrating high activity.

“Nearly two million Americans, including children, will be diagnosed with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors this year alone and many of these tumor types are difficult to treat,” said Patrick Soon-Shiong, M.D., Founder and Executive Chairman of ImmunityBio. “Our m-ceNK cells, which are isolated and enriched from the patient after a simple blood draw (apheresis), are characterized by their unique cell-surface marker profile, by their highly desirable feature of immune-memory, and marked by their pronounced anti-cancer activity for weeks to months in duration. These unique properties have made these memory NK cells a research focus for more than a decade and a promising candidate in immunotherapy for solid tumors,” said Soon-Shiong.

“We are excited to launch this next evolution of our NK platform. Based on the novel techniques and cytokine expansion developed at ImmunityBio, a single apheresis will enable 10 to 20 doses of m-ceNK infusions of 0.5 billion NK cells per dose. These autologous and allogeneic cryopreserved memory NK cells could synergize with our engineered off-the- shelf NK-92 cells, as well as with our IL-15 Anktiva superagonist, which stimulates both NK and T cells. We believe the combination of these tools has the potential to place ImmunityBio in a leading position to activate the patient’s immune system in the fight against cancer across both solid and liquid tumors.”

About Memory Cytokine-Enhanced NK Cells (m-ceNK):

In an initial, proof-of-concept clinical study, memory-like NK cells with freshly isolated cytokine-stimulated NK cells demonstrated encouraging results in patients with liquid tumors.1. ImmunityBio has successfully enriched and expanded donor natural killer cells obtained from peripheral blood of donors using a technique called apheresis, to generate a unique NK cell phenotype which exhibits both high cytotoxicity and interferon-g production together with a memory–like effect. These m-ceNK cells, or memory-cytokine enriched NK cells, have been designed for autologous cell therapy, but have also been generated as an allogeneic product from cord blood. m-ceNK provides a unique opportunity in clinics due to its ease of use and potential suitability for use in the ambulatory setting.

NK cells from aphaeretic blood from 20 subjects, 15 healthy and 5 cancer patient donors, were successfully used to generate m-ceNK cells in an Independent Review Board-approved volunteer study. Mononuclear cells obtained from the apheresis procedure were stimulated in the presence of ImmunityBio’s proprietary cytokine, N-803, for enrichment of primary natural killer cells. A 2 to 3 log-fold expansion of activated NK cells was achieved by the third week of the protocol. These NK Cells are then briefly exposed to a proprietary cytokine cocktail to impart the critical memory-like phenotype, characterized by higher effector responses after a resting period—a key feature of ImmunityBio’s m-ceNK cells. The m-ceNK product is characterized as CD56+ cells that are armed with NK cell activating surface receptors required for proliferation, homing and tumor recognition and binding. Both the healthy- and cancer patient-derived m-ceNK cells killed NK-resistant tumor cells with equal potency when tested against tumor cells of different origins, including breast, Merkel, ovarian, adenocarcinoma, and lymphoma.

ImmunityBio has also developed a novel method of production, which yields multiple clinical-dose forms from a single apheresis product using the company’s proprietary NANT 001 Bioreactor (GMP-in-a-Box), thereby alleviating pressures on supply of starting material. A tailored cryopreservation protocol for maximum shelf-life and potency upon recovery was also established, a necessary precedent for any off-the-shelf product. ImmunityBio is leveraging the unique properties of m-ceNK—including potent cytotoxicity, increased IFN-gamma production, proliferative capacity, activation surface markers and memory response—to establish a propriety autologous product.

QUILT 3.076 Study Details

Cryopreserved m-ceNK cells in combination with Anktiva (N-803) will be tested in this phase 1 study  designed to evaluate safety in subjects with locally advanced or metastatic solid tumors.  The study will compare the quantity and quality of the m-ceNK cells collected and manufactured from newly diagnosed patients who have not received prior treatment to the m-ceNK cells collected and manufactured from patients who have received at least two prior treatments for their cancer.

The study consists of two cohorts and there will be 10 participants in each cohort. Cohort 1 includes participants with newly diagnosed high-risk solid tumors who have not received prior treatment; and cohort 2 includes participants with relapsed/refractory (r/r) solid tumors who have progressive disease after receiving ≥ 2 prior therapies. Participants will be enrolled in the two cohorts simultaneously.

• Participants in cohort 1 will participate in apheresis collection of lymphocytes (part A) and will not receive any investigational therapy in this study.
  • Participants in cohort 2 will undergo an apheresis collection of lymphocytes (part A) prior to receiving approximately four weeks of disease-specific therapy per their Oncologists’ recommendations.

Solid tumors represent approximately 90% of adult cancers and 40% of all cancers in children, according to data collected from the American Cancer Society. Tumors can develop in many parts of the human body including the breast, lung, prostate, colon, skin, bladder and kidney.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Like 2

IBRX shares are up 9% on this:

ImmunityBio Shot Mulled as Booster in S. Africa Covid Study

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-19/immunitybio-shot-considered-as-booster-in-s-africa-covid-study

Spoiler
By  Antony Sguazzin
May 19, 2021, 4:43 PM EDT Updated on May 20, 2021, 2:03 AM EDT
  •  
    Study lead says 500,000 healthworkers may be given vaccine
  •  
    Study participants initially given Johnson & Johnson vaccine

ImmunityBio Inc.’s hAd5 T-cell Covid-19 vaccine candidate is being considered as a booster shot in a study of almost 500,000 South African health workers who have received Johnson & Johnson’s inoculation.

The health workers, the first people outside of much smaller studies to be vaccinated in South Africa, will need a booster, said Glenda Gray, the co-lead of the South African studies, said in an interview Wednesday.

“It could be the universal boost that we are looking for,” she said. “Hopefully we will start in a couple of weeks.”

The hAd5 T-cell kills infected cells and in addition to the spike proteins found on the coronavirus the shot targets the nucleocapsid protein, which is less prone to mutations. That could make it more effective against strains such as the one first found in South Africa in late 2020, ImmunityBio said in a statement earlier this year.
ImmunityBio’s vaccine is in phase one trials in Cape Town, and the company has signed an agreement with South Africa’s BioVac Institute to produce the inoculation in the country should it win approval.

A broader rollout of Covid-19 vaccines began in South Africa this week.

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I love Jamie Dimon just shutting off the ultimate grandstander Elizabeth Warren. “Does Chase intend to refund overdraft fees to its clients?”  “No”. “It’s apparent Chase cares more about CORPORATE PROFITS than taking care of struggling families in a pandemic. So just to be clear Chase will not refund overdraft fees to retail clients affected in 2020?”  “No”. 

This is how you shut these people up. You don’t give them any opening. 

Apparently, Elizabeth Warren hasn't learned not to ask "Yes" or "No" questions when seeking an embellished answer.  UUUU is making a solid move today on an upgrade from Nolan Capital with a $9 price target.  That would be a 50% move from yesterday's close.  The stock is +.50 at $6.32....an 8.5% move.  UUUU appears to be completing a flag.  A close solidly above $6.50 and maintained for a day or so would be a breakout/continuation.  Apologies to the board and to myself for not telling everyone to sell IBRX when it was in the 40's.  Having said that, I believe the stock has the potential to make it to $100/share and beyond.  Short term, IBRX needs to sustain a close above it's 50dma at $19.05 which would suggest an initial move to 23-24.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Apparently, Elizabeth Warren hasn't learned not to ask "Yes" or "No" questions when seeking an embellished answer.  UUUU is making a solid move today on an upgrade from Nolan Capital with a $9 price target.  That would be a 50% move from yesterday's close.  The stock is +.50 at $6.32....an 8.5% move.  UUUU appears to be completing a flag.  A close solidly above $6.50 and maintained for a day or so would be a breakout/continuation.  Apologies to the board and to myself for not telling everyone to sell IBRX when it was in the 40's.  Having said that, I believe the stock has the potential to make it to $100/share and beyond.  Short term, IBRX needs to sustain a close above it's 50dma at $19.05 which would suggest an initial move to 23-24.  

What price point would you target to sell UUUU?  $9?  I want to make sure I get out at the right time.  But after doing my limited research, it has the potential to sky rocket up.  Hell this stock was like $186 ten years ago.

7 hours ago, victory88 said:

What price point would you target to sell UUUU?  $9?  I want to make sure I get out at the right time.  But after doing my limited research, it has the potential to sky rocket up.  Hell this stock was like $186 ten years ago.

A friend turned me on to UUUU and he has a much larger position in the stock than I have.  He said this should be a multi-year run in Energy Fuels, especially if they start purifying rare earth metals at their facility.  I plan to get out of the stock when he gets out of the stock and I'll let everyone on the board know when that happens.  He indicated the stock has a way to go and it's too early to plan an exit strategy.  Yeah, I know that's nebulous, but I've made money on every stock he's recommended.  My position is 25,000 shares at an avg. cost of $5.28 and I'm just sitting on those shares until he exits the stock.  My gut tells me UUUU is at least a triple and owning the stock does not cost me one bit of sleep.

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Some good news for AMYZF

American Manganese Sends Sample from RecycLiCo Process to International Cathode Manufacturer

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/american-manganese-sends-sample-from-recyclico-process-to-international-cathode-manufacturer/

Spoiler

RecycLiCo™ Sample Outperformed Commercial Grade Cathode Precursor Purity

American Manganese Inc. (“AMY” or the “Company”), a pioneer in advanced lithium-ion battery cathode recycling, is pleased to report that the recycled product, produced from recycled NCA (lithium-nickel-cobalt-aluminum oxide) cathode waste has been shipped to an international cathode manufacturer for the purpose of validating whether the material can be integrated into their production.

Table 1 – Purity Comparison of Select Elements Between RecycLiCo Sample and Commercial Grade NCA Cathode Precursor

Recyclico_SampleChart.jpg

“We are excited to demonstrate the capabilities of the RecycLiCo™ patented process to one of the world’s leading cathode manufacturers,” said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese. “Our internal material analysis is encouraging, and we welcome the cathode manufacturer’s feedback and the possibility of a potential future collaboration that would integrate RecycLiCo™ directly into their manufacturing process.”

American Manganese Sends Sample from RecycLiCo Process to International Cathode Manufacturer

• Hook 'Em 2

UUUU down on this:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3701349-biden-budget-omits-uranium-reserve-funding-miners-plunge

5 hours ago, KYHorn said:

UUUU down on this:

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3701349-biden-budget-omits-uranium-reserve-funding-miners-plunge

Yes, BUT Biden's budget has 9.75 billion in credits for electricity produced from >existing< nuclear reactors.  In addition, Biden's proposed budget does not effect Canadian miners but they got hit as well.  

51 minutes ago, victory88 said:

UUUU on a nice uptick today.  @Harrison Stafford I'm thinking of increasing my position.  Would you wait for another dip or should I just go ahead and buy now.

Would buy UUUU now as it looks like it's breaking out on both the daily and weekly charts.  The 52 week high is 7.83, but that was a spike.  The real resistance is about 7.35.  There is no prior history above 7.83 until you go back 7 or 8 years.  I think it's on the way to 10-12 for starters.  Back in 2007 before Fukushima screwed up the uranium market,  UUUU traded around 160-200.  Back then, uranium was being used for just utilities.  Now, uranium prices are on the rise and UUUU has discovered vanadium in their leach ponds and figured out how to harvest it.  Plus, if they're able to actually purify rare earths at their facility, UUUU could be a much higher stock.  How high can it go?  Based on history, getting north of 100/share hardly seems unreasonable.  I'll continue to hold 25,000 shares of UUUU (at an avg. price of 5.28) until the guy who got me into the stock exits his position.  As I've said previously, I'll let the board know when that happens.  Until such time, let's all hold the stock, enjoy the ride, and make a shit-ton of money.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

Would buy UUUU now as it looks like it's breaking out on both the daily and weekly charts.  The 52 week high is 7.83, but that was a spike.  The real resistance is about 7.35.  There is no prior history above 7.83 until you go back 7 or 8 years.  I think it's on the way to 10-12 for starters.  Back in 2007 before Fukushima screwed up the uranium market,  UUUU traded around 160-200.  Back then, uranium was being used for just utilities.  Now, uranium prices are on the rise and UUUU has discovered vanadium in their leach ponds and figured out how to harvest it.  Plus, if they're able to actually purify rare earths at their facility, UUUU could be a much higher stock.  How high can it go?  Based on history, getting north of 100/share hardly seems unreasonable.  I'll continue to hold 25,000 shares of UUUU (at an avg. price of 5.28) until the guy who got me into the stock exits his position.  As I've said previously, I'll let the board know when that happens.  Until such time, let's all hold the stock, enjoy the ride, and make a shit-ton of money.

Yes please.