Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

In the same vein as non-stonky stocks, anyone going balls deep on Apple and Tesla shares post 4:1 and 5:1 share splits? 8/21 for Tesla 8/24 for Apple

I read somewhere that if you would have bought 1 SHARE of Apple in 1987, it would be worth north of $22k today because of the 3 or 4 stock splits they’ve had in the past. This looks like Tesla’s first one so that could be something else.

1 hour ago, BLKNSTY said:

In the same vein as non-stonky stocks, anyone going balls deep on Apple and Tesla shares post 4:1 and 5:1 share splits? 8/21 for Tesla 8/24 for Apple

I read somewhere that if you would have bought 1 SHARE of Apple in 1987, it would be worth north of $22k today because of the 3 or 4 stock splits they’ve had in the past. This looks like Tesla’s first one so that could be something else.

I’m still pissed I didn’t buy the 2500 shares I was about to buy in fall ‘03 when I saw people walking around with the iPod on campuses.   Apple was trading at $4.50ish the day I saw it.   I couldn’t pull the trigger because that was my rent/books/meals for the semester.   

those 2500 shares would be 35000 shares rt now.  Painful 

Edited by Trey3216

20 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m still pissed I didn’t buy the 2500 shares I was about to buy in fall ‘03 when I saw people walking around with the iPod on campuses.   Apple was trading at $4.50ish the day I saw it.   I couldn’t pull the trigger because that was my rent/books/meals for the semester.   

those 2500 shares would be 35000 shares rt now.  Painful 

Speaking of painful. Ca. 2000..."Who the fuck wants to buy books online. That's fucking stupid."

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Back in 1998 - 2000 I rode AMD from $2 up to $90 and back down to $3.  Hey, 50% gain in two years is good, right?

Much more recent than that. When AMD got down around $2 and was bringing in Su and others in 2012, I started buying a shit-ton of AMD Jan 2013 calls with a $5-$7 strike. They were dirt cheap because AMD was a fucking dog so you could buy em by the handful. They expired worthless, but I did it again in 2013, 2014, 2015. Those expired worthless as well. I finally said fuck it, and gave up when my Jan 2016 calls also expired worthless. AMD closed 2017 at around $10 and never looked back. 1 more year. Fuck. 

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Much more recent than that. When AMD got down around $2 and was bringing in Su and others in 2012, I started buying a shit-ton of AMD Jan 2013 calls with a $5-$7 strike. They were dirt cheap because AMD was a fucking dog so you could buy em by the handful. They expired worthless, but I did it again in 2013, 2014, 2015. Those expired worthless as well. I finally said fuck it, and gave up when my Jan 2016 calls also expired worthless. AMD closed 2017 at around $10 and never looked back. 1 more year. Fuck. 

That’s exactly why I don’t do options.  You have to pick the right stock, the right price and the right time.  Buy the underlying stock and you can wait it out.

I’m into Apple for 7.02 shares (1 dividend reinvested) @ $255 and got 2 shares of Tesla yesterday opening @ $1460. Let’s go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

That shit's so 2018.  We're only into companies with billion dollar market caps that their only asset is a fancy PowerPoint presentation.

Hey those stonks we invest in also have a pending early review by some regulatory agency on some new unproven product or technology and also as awaiting next quarters earnings release, or clearing a listing delinquency, or are waiting for JPows' brrrrr machine to run out of ink

17 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Hey those stonks we invest in also have a pending early review by some regulatory agency on some new unproven product or technology and also as awaiting next quarters earnings release, or clearing a listing delinquency, or are waiting for JPows' brrrrr machine to run out of ink

I think the way forward for the stonks is to do a 100,000 : 1 reverse split, wait a couple of weeks and announce to great fanfare a 1:5 regular split.  To the moon since the average investor seems to have no fucking clue how splits work. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

You like the upside on Cisco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats not to like? Here's their revenue during a period of massive growth in cloud, data centers, etc....

image.png.731f36e14c40132b80921bf2f7e19b0c.png

CSCO is basically at the big bloated behemoth stage. they will always get out-innovated and catch up through acquisition.There  are countless other companies in their markets that show actual growth that I would look at first. Pick the right one, and they will get acquired by CSCO and you get a two-fer.

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

I work at AMD.  I have for a long time.  The fortune I've left on the table makes me sick.  20-30% swings in 2 weeks was a way of life for years and years.  I've certainly made out pretty well in the past 2 years, selling years of stock grants at $30, $40, $50, and earlier this week sold at $80.  But about 4 years ago, when the stock was still in the $2.50 range, I was ready to pull the trigger on 20k shares in my own personal investment account.  I talked myself out of it because I know our internal roadmaps and I knew about a pretty major announcement that was going to be made that I knew would make the stock jump quickly. Even though my plan was for a long-term play due to what I knew was finally going to be a successful product lineup, my conscience told me it wasn't ok.  The only thing that allows me to sleep at night is the knowledge that I probably would have sold those shares when they with $10 anyway.

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

I work at AMD.  I have for a long time.  The fortune I've left on the table makes me sick.  20-30% swings in 2 weeks was a way of life for years and years.  I've certainly made out pretty well in the past 2 years, selling years of stock grants at $30, $40, $50, and earlier this week sold at $80.  But about 4 years ago, when the stock was still in the $2.50 range, I was ready to pull the trigger on 20k shares in my own personal investment account.  I talked myself out of it because I know our internal roadmaps and I knew about a pretty major announcement that was going to be made that I knew would make the stock jump quickly. Even though my plan was for a long-term play due to what I knew was finally going to be a successful product lineup, my conscience told me it wasn't ok.  The only thing that allows me to sleep at night is the knowledge that I probably would have sold those shares when they with $10 anyway.

Unless you're an officer of the company, it's very low risk getting flagged for insider trading. 

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Unless you're an officer of the company, it's very low risk getting flagged for insider trading. 

I know someone who was nabbed for insider trading, and he wasn't and officer. He got censured, had to pay a big fine, along with his son and guys he golfed with - they all traded options the week before a merger offer was announced; and from the story these were not people who had previously done any option trading - so it was fairly obvious.

Spoiler

Okay - just to complete the story, the guy charged wasn't an officer, just a sales guy in the company; however his older  brother was President & CEO (but he didn't do any insider trading, as I'm sure he made plenty off the shares & stock options that he already had.

43 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

TOS crash starting off my week like shit

So I’ve been holding a bag named RBII for several weeks. Today, it jumps up about 40% and I can’t get rid of it because of ToS. By the time I fire up the app, it’s back down over 20%. F ToS. 

On 8/13/2020 at 8:58 PM, closetohumping said:

You donks heard of crypto?

Been buying chainlink (LINK) hard for the last 3 weeks.  watched it go from ~$6 to ~$19 in that time frame ... feels stonky to me. 

I'm sure I'll ride it back to $3 to make it a true stonk.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BTW said:

Been buying chainlink (LINK) hard for the last 3 weeks.  watched it go from ~$6 to ~$19 in that time frame ... feels stonky to me. 

I'm sure I'll ride it back to $3 to make it a true stonk.

Its a crypto? They are all stonky. Their primary use case is speculative investment, in an "industry" with minimal regulations or oversight. That being said, I do own some cryptos (BTC, ETH, XRP), just not enough to give a shit if the entire craze vaporized in a week. 

On 8/14/2020 at 10:32 AM, Blotto said:

Whats not to like? Here's their revenue during a period of massive growth in cloud, data centers, etc....

image.png.731f36e14c40132b80921bf2f7e19b0c.png

CSCO is basically at the big bloated behemoth stage. they will always get out-innovated and catch up through acquisition.There  are countless other companies in their markets that show actual growth that I would look at first. Pick the right one, and they will get acquired by CSCO and you get a two-fer.

Yeah CSCO is a solid long-term play....

Whoever was watching for SNVP Wednesday court case,  it's been delayed by the court (not continued this time) until Sept 2nd. Looks like the news is what sparked the EoD sell off into the 7s. Somebody dropped almost 16 million shares last trade before the bell.

I'm still holding, but you might get retracement back into the low teens tomorrow as people avg down or sell off. Depending on your entry you might be able to jump ship if you don't want to keep the capital tied up.

11 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Whoever was watching for SNVP Wednesday court case,  it's been delayed by the court (not continued this time) until Sept 2nd. Looks like the news is what sparked the EoD sell off into the 7s. Somebody dropped almost 16 million shares last trade before the bell.

I'm still holding, but you might get retracement back into the low teens tomorrow as people avg down or sell off. Depending on your entry you might be able to jump ship if you don't want to keep the capital tied up.

I will continue to hold my 800,000 shares because it makes me feel rich to own 800,000 of something. And at the end of the day, it's barely $300...