Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

7 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

@RCRanger03 what's up with FRSX? Jul/Aug have not been kind.

Bleeding off the swingers due to limited to no communication about their prototype deals in Japan, Europe (did mention a new deal in China but that has people spooked about the IP getting ripped off), and radio silence on their COVID screening patent which is what caused the last spike. I'm down at 0.80 with the shares I didn't sell on the first run up to $2 so I'm content to wait... actually the lower it gets the more I'm in the range where I could double my shares and stay within my $1pps rule

They are presenting at a Microcap conference on Sept 1st., which could be a catalyst.

• Like 1

I'm down over $1k on ALPP... it's got volume today all of it bad lol. I don't have enough capital to avg down and for the first time I'm considering not. This is the first time since I've been in that it's gotten this low. Right about the zone it was before the 0.44 acquisition boom (not expecting that right now)

On 8/17/2020 at 3:48 PM, Wally Fairway said:

So you are saying that I need to load up on more options.......
Just When I Thought I Was Out GIFs | Tenor

8 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

It's a reliable pump-and-dump at this point. Buy at 23-25 and sell 27-29. Rinse and repeat.

ALT does appear to be in a channel, but it's not going to fall much lower than 22-23 and, ultimately, will break out and go much higher.  When?  When we get a second COVID wave this fall, ALT will advance like the other plague stocks.  It will be sooner if the company gets gov't funding.  Per US News & World Report, Congress is working on a coronavirus relief package that includes $16 billion for virus testing and $29 billion for developing vaccines, manufacturing treatment and other initiatives aimed at conquering the virus.  It would be swell if ALT ended up with a chuck of that change which, undoubtedly, would skyrocket the stock price.  Aside from that, my crystal ball is cloudy. However, I am resolute in my belief that it's a $100 stock within 2 years.  On May 8th, ALT was at $3.11.  Today, the stock's between $25-26 and consolidating for the next leg up. Am ready for ALT to get stonky again. 

18 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

ALT does appear to be in a channel, but it's not going to fall much lower than 22-23 and, ultimately, will break out and go much higher.  When?  When we get a second COVID wave this fall, ALT will advance like the other plague stocks.  It will be sooner if the company gets gov't funding.  Per US News & World Report, Congress is working on a coronavirus relief package that includes $16 billion for virus testing and $29 billion for developing vaccines, manufacturing treatment and other initiatives aimed at conquering the virus.  It would be swell if ALT ended up with a chuck of that change which, undoubtedly, would skyrocket the stock price.  Aside from that, my crystal ball is cloudy. However, I am resolute in my belief that it's a $100 stock within 2 years.  On May 8th, ALT was at $3.11.  Today, the stock's between $25-26 and consolidating for the next leg up. Am ready for ALT to get stonky again. 

You are preaching to the choir, I'm in on ALT; not all-in because I can make enough with playing this one through options. And don't get near term options, buy the options that expire into the 2nd wave - sound #stonk advice (said no one ever)

25 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

You are preaching to the choir, I'm in on ALT; not all-in because I can make enough with playing this one through options. And don't get near term options, buy the options that expire into the 2nd wave - sound #stonk advice (said no one ever)

That’s sound strategery and I’m going to improve your chances by not buying those options as everything would go to shit and we’d both lose money.  Options no es mi amigo.

FRSX earnings are supposed to be today (granted they've pushed that date before), and they just posted a twitter PR/video 

I loaded a little extra for the first time in months when it dipped to $1.08. Expecting a run today or tomorrow

Edited by RCRanger03

17 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

FRSX earnings are supposed to be today (granted they've pushed that date before), and they just posted a twitter PR/video 

I loaded a little extra for the first time in months when it dipped to $1.08. Expecting a run today or tomorrow

Looks like they already created the link https://ir.foresightauto.com/event/q2-2020-financial-report-august-20-2020/ so probably coming out today. They love to release things after hours for US market. If it runs hard I'd take profits, because they also love to do the bitchass HALT + OFFERING combo move

• Like 1

Just now, SuperSport said:

What's your price target here?

I've been selling half at $2 each time it has hit that, the danger zone for an offering would come around that $1.75 - $1.80 zone. 

Still think it could go higher long term, but seems like it's being manipulated hard so I may exit completely this time after their Sept 1st presentation at LD Micro (I have a hard rule to not buy over $1 pps on stonks, so that would be the real end for me unless it cratered). 

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Well, yeah, but seriously, what keeps driving it down?

It was a $.30 penny stock prior to Covid for a reason. The only reason it rocketed to $7.5 was Covid speculation and hype within the day trader crowd. If they don't actually develop a vaccine and generate revenue, I think its likely that the stock drifts back closer to $0.30 as they don't have any revenue right now. I don't know shit about IBIO, and I don't own any, so its not worth my time to read up on it. But if I did own it, I would want to determine how likely it is that they will actually develop a vaccine and get it to market. Or at a bare minimum what upcoming catalyst will hype the price back up, because the stock is not trading on fundamentals. 

Covid vaccines/treatments is a crowded field and most will fail. If you have a solid understanding of the scientific merits of their approach and why it stands a better chance for medical and commercial success than all of the other companies chasing the same end goal, than the price today, next week, or next month is irrelevant. If you have no idea about that and were chasing price momentum, then you are basically throwing darts, in which case you have found the correct thread! Stonkin aint always easy. 

BLNK getting crushed for some (rather significant, if true) negative PR.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3607062-blink-charging-lower-after-short-seller-powers-in-accusations

Yeah, not good info. I got the fuck out and doubled down on FCEL and PLUG. I still like the whole liquid renewable fuel, EV infrastructure space a lot. PEIX, AMTX, REGI have all had ridiculous run ups these past few weeks (GEVO up 200% today, not as bullish on that one but clearly that’s only me). I think FF is next though - fantastic support at $10/share.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I've been selling half at $2 each time it has hit that, the danger zone for an offering would come around that $1.75 - $1.80 zone. 

Still think it could go higher long term, but seems like it's being manipulated hard so I may exit completely this time after their Sept 1st presentation at LD Micro (I have a hard rule to not buy over $1 pps on stonks, so that would be the real end for me unless it cratered). 

Rumor ER might end up being dicey due to COVID (they have a lot of pending deals but if none of them are commsumated it might look lossy) or at least baked in.  A lot of nervous retail investors are jumping ship. Make your decisions accordingly. I'd buy a shit ton if it went under $1

Edited by RCRanger03

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

Rumor ER might end up being dicey due to COVID (they have a lot of pending deals but if none of them are commsumated it might look lossy) or at least baked in.  A lot of nervous retail investors are jumping ship. Make your decisions accordingly. I'd buy a shit ton if it went under $1

ER not bad (much better than expected actually), but not seeing my AH volume. Eyes on tomorrow PM

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3607648-foresight-autonomous-eps-beats-0_09?utm_campaign=twitter_automated&utm_content=news&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_automated

Anyone watching GRWG?  US Pot grower who just started turning a profit and is doubling NR. Doubled in last week...which I guess makes it stonky. I’ve yet to buy but thinking about it. 

Never heard of it, but are you sure they grow weed? Looks like they just sell growing equipment. I like the MJ adjacent industries, Scott’s Miracle Grow came out a few quarters back and in no uncertain terms said all their their revenue growth is from cannabis.
  • Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, BLKNSTY said:

Never heard of it, but are you sure they grow weed? Looks like they just sell growing equipment. I like the MJ adjacent industries, Scott’s Miracle Grow came out a few quarters back and in no uncertain terms said all their their revenue growth is from cannabis.

jason segel weed GIF

I'm up 20% in MEDH which is a cannabis holding company that has CBD infused coffee multiple storefronts here in Austin and other locations on the way https://www.lazydazefranchise.com/current-franchises... They're primed for a run IMO

FAANGMAT anecdotes should be fucking banned from discussion, at least until the great sell-off begins.  Tesla only took 14 fucking years to reach its first-reported positive EPS.

Edit:  Someone re-arranged it to FATMAAN and that makes it easier.  Fatass P/E popularity contest.

Edited by Gravy Train
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Hit 1.31 in PM, but couldn't hold the upward curl it was starting (damn manipulation)

More subsidiary contract action came out this morning too. All the pieces are there for the run, but the volume doesn't look great so far 

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200821005211/en/Foresight-Eye-Net-Mobile-Global-Japanese-Technology-Company

Anyone watching GRWG?  US Pot grower who just started turning a profit and is doubling NR. Doubled in last week...which I guess makes it stonky. I’ve yet to buy but thinking about it. 
Hindenburg just set their sights on it so I'd stay away. Their mouth breathing followers will be shorting the fuck out of it in the next few weeks

On 8/21/2020 at 7:01 PM, NateHitch said:

Hindenburg just set their sights on it so I'd stay away. Their mouth breathing followers will be shorting the fuck out of it in the next few weeks

Not a very positive report, guess I’ll pass. 

speaking of Stonky, largest Co in the world AAPL is going parabolic before their split. I sold a 525 call Sept 4 on Fri. Course it’s already underwater. Option prices are very rich, especially given size. I hope I can do more post split. 

Dabbling in my usual summer hurricane options play on gasoline prices (UGA ETF). With so much  refining along the Texas LA coast, UGA always seems to spike when hurricanes threaten. They key is to get out of the trade before the hurricane comes ashore and everyone realizes that gas refining will be fine. Picked up a handful of Sept 28 $22 calls in case these storms blow up. I think I have done this 4 times and made 50%+ returns 3 of those times, and lost about 30% the other time.

Decidedly smaller bet this year, because of the Covid uncertainty fucking up gas demand at the same time. Also, the time to make this bet was really on Friday, and it slipped my mind, so I'm sitting on $.45 rather than the $.30 I could have bought on Friday. Will be quick to bail on these if UGA doesnt continue to rally this morning. 

• Hook 'Em 2