Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

4 minutes ago, NateHitch said:
21 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

UAVS should move soon too based on this

Is AMZN going to use fixed wing drones for delivery? 
Asking because that is what UAVS has, not drone copters - I don't see how fixed wing will be used for package delivery.

42 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Is AMZN going to use fixed wing drones for delivery? 
Asking because that is what UAVS has, not drone copters - I don't see how fixed wing will be used for package delivery.

UAVS screenshot of how to unbox a delivery drone (video now private)

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.59cd8bbe59d5c20cd5c0417d41488300.png

Around the time of that announcement, though, there was a video online reportedly showing AgEagle founder Bret Chilcott demonstrating how to unload an Amazon drone from its crate. 

The video is no longer available, which is furthering speculation.
Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/carrie-rengers/article244214537.html#storylink=cpy

I wish I'd paid more attention and followed through when my buddy recommended I buy a few shares of Zoom Communications back in October 2019. It was trading around $75 at the time. Fuuuuuck. Kicking myself for not listening because he told me about SHOP back in 2016 and I bought some at $42. Still long on that one.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I've been in and out of BBRW several times (most recently buying in at .004 and selling at .0052 last week). Sadly I was waiting for it to drop below .004 again so I missed out on this huge spike. I'm fairly confident it will drop again. It always does. 

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

That split looks to have helped Tesla...up 10% so far today.

Up another 3% after hours. Kicking myself when I bought it at $220 and sold for a measly $40/share profit.

P/E at 1,300 is RETARDED. Volume today was almost double the average - I wonder if they adjusted for the split.

2 hours ago, SuperSport said:

C'mon AMZN. Between my parents' and my account, we're up almost 1,800%. 2,000 is right around the corner. Let's do this!

I don't care that the P/E is 130+. They're building A LOT of distribution and fulfillment centers around the US. My company is building a $200M facility in Ventura County, and we're bidding another in northern CA worth $300M. They're (probably) putting out RFPs every 2 weeks. This is in addition to then billions they're spending to build up their airplane, truck and drone fleets. If I was Fedex and UPS, I'd be shitting my pants.

How much of it is people FOMOing? Or is it because the Fed keeps printing money? When is this bubble gonna pop?

28 minutes ago, Mack Tripper said:

The bad thing about biotech in the covid space is that the market treats it like its a zero sum game. For example, last week Abbott got approval for a new Covid test and FLGT, a solid company with good revenue and supply chain for covid tests, craters.

FLGT entered the year at around $12, peaked at $52 and is now trading at $30

ALT entered the  year at less than $2, peaked at $35 and is now trading around $16-17

IBIO entered the  year around $0.25, peaked at ~$7.50 and is now trading around $2.00

Even our favorite Covid stonk DECN entered the year at $0.01, peaked at $0.50 and is now trading around $0.20

Everything depends on your reference point, as those are all fantastic returns if you bought them 1/1/20 and shitty returns if you bought them  at their respective peaks . Its also indicative of where these stocks may end up if they ultimately fail to generate any significant revenue from Covid. Probably the best they can hope for at this point is for a large pharma to recognize the merits of their vaccines/therapeutics and just buy them out.  Ironically the companies that will likely actually generate significant revenue from Covid are all large pharma whose stock prices are mostly flat or up modestly in 2020 (PFE, AXN, GSK, SNY, etc...).

Moderna and Novavax may be the long term big winners as they have seen huge returns in stock price but are also  getting that sweet, sweet Operation Warp Speed money to continue to fund their pursuits. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

That split looks to have helped Tesla...up 10% so far today.

Just wait until it gets added to the S&P 500, and all those index funds are forced to buy in.
And it has to happen, after yesterdays move TSLA is now the 7th largest (market cap) stock listed in the US, passing VISA, only the FAAMG+BRK are larger cap

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/31/2020 at 9:25 AM, Wally Fairway said:

I'm looking to update my "Stonk" watchlist going into August - taking nominations for additions, and for any that need to be relegated down to gtfo 

Spoiler

Stonk-list-7-31-20

August month end update of Wally's Surly stonk list (let me know what should be added to the list)
it was a tough month for those holding these #stonks

Spoiler

Stonk-list-8-31-2020

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Just wait until it gets added to the S&P 500, and all those index funds are forced to buy in.
And it has to happen, after yesterdays move TSLA is now the 7th largest (market cap) stock listed in the US, passing VISA, only the FAAMG+BRK are larger cap

That's what I thought would be the trigger to hit 2500/500. When it happens, it may take it to 1500 and I will be very gruntled indeed.

16 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Any thoughts on ALT?

I sold out of my ALT position today at 15.30.  Entry price was 3.25, but, oh, what might have been.  If ALT drops back to 9, will look at reentry.  Still have confidence the stock will go much higher, but no one ever went broke taking a profit.  Currently, there is zero catalyst in the industry.  The sector will fall off until the stimulus package is passed which is supposed to make funding available again for companies like ALT.  Still holding IBIO and AIM. 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I sold out of my ALT position today at 15.30.  Entry price was 3.25, but, oh, what might have been.  If ALT drops back to 9, will look at reentry.  Still have confidence the stock will go much higher, but no one ever went broke taking a profit.  Currently, there is zero catalyst in the industry.  The sector will fall off until the stimulus package is passed which is supposed to make funding available again for companies like ALT.  Still holding IBIO and AIM. 

Same, this one crushed me.  Average buy price was 6.41, sold at 15.42.  Good profit, but cut in half because I waited too long.  FOMO is real.

11 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I shit you not, when GNUS was at 10 bucks I thought about selling.  got distracted, I think it was 7 bucks, and didn't want to sell.  Cost me thousands.

And my knee jerk reaction is...

Yeah, but imagine if it went up!

I'm doomed to ride some of these pigs into the sea.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

7% stumble would indicate the FRSX presentation was not positive...

It was falling before they even started. Heard they had a lot of technology issues during their presentation, which coming from a tech company is ... no bueno. However they basically said one of their new customers is a name everyone will know which I like. 

I've been waiting for a long time for them to announce the Japanese prototype customer. I still think it's Toyota

Here's my latest ill advised stonkin play, EWLL 

image.png.d638b6c083208ff2c1e14432410bfea4.png

Buy at .0003 and sell at .0004. The brilliance of my strategy, is matched only by the difficulty in getting orders through, at least large enough orders to bother with. I had no luck until I lowered my order size to 1,000,000 shares but since that time I was able to buy/sell once on Thursday, once on Friday, and just got another buy order filled yesterday afternoon. So assuming I can dump those shares sometime this week, that will be 3 round trips at approx 33% profit. Then I'll try to buy back in one time and essentially I'm free riding (not accounting for taxes).

There are pump and dump stories about an acquisition pending by ATI Physical Therapy who uses their video telehealth platform, resulting in a spike to .015 a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps I should be concerned that they don't even have a website, but look at that chart, lulz. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing, thats what. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Here's my latest ill advised stonkin play, EWLL 

image.png.d638b6c083208ff2c1e14432410bfea4.png

Buy at .0003 and sell at .0004. The brilliance of my strategy, is matched only by the difficulty in getting orders through, at least large enough orders to bother with. I had no luck until I lowered my order size to 1,000,000 shares but since that time I was able to buy/sell once on Thursday, once on Friday, and just got another buy order filled yesterday afternoon. So assuming I can dump those shares sometime this week, that will be 3 round trips at approx 33% profit. Then I'll try to buy back in one time and essentially I'm free riding (not accounting for taxes).

There are pump and dump stories about an acquisition pending by ATI Physical Therapy who uses their video telehealth platform, resulting in a spike to .015 a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps I should be concerned that they don't even have a website, but look at that chart, lulz. What could possibly go wrong? Nothing, thats what. 

I fucking love these kind of plays

I posted a longer version of this in the Markets still falling thread - 
I've changed direction and have started to weekly buy SPY 1-month expiry calls - today my basket of these calls went up > 70%. 
I know this will continue to  work, right up until it doesn't anymore, but it's a good ride while it lasts.