Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

It seems so obvious that I'm sure I'll somehow lose my ass on it, but I'm in on a couple of DASH puts on principle alone. Aug 21 expiry to let Covid run its course a bit more, but jumping in now in case the market somehow comes to its senses (I know not likely). 120 strike at $20 per contract. Cant wait to see this bitch run to $300 now.  

DASH - TTM Revenue $2.24B, Net income -$226M, Market cap  $50B

GRUB - TTM Revenue $1.7B, Net income -$109M, Market cap - $6.6B

FDX - TTM Revenue $75B, Net income $1.7B, Market cap - $75B

UPS - TTM Revenue $80B, Net income $4.5B, Market cap - $147B

5 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

DECN just got sued by the SEC for their stonk antics. I ended up making money overall, but will be glad that they're getting the hammer if it was all a hoax

https://www.marketscreener.com/news/latest/SEC-sues-California-biotech-company-for-misleading-investors-about-COVID-19-tests--32040442/

Yeah, I played with that for a little while in April - June and got lucky and made a little money, but it is super stonky with only 1 director, the guy running the company; and I'm certain he is just making shit up for press releases

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

It seems so obvious that I'm sure I'll somehow lose my ass on it, but I'm in on a couple of DASH puts on principle alone. Aug 21 expiry to let Covid run its course a bit more, but jumping in now in case the market somehow comes to its senses (I know not likely). 120 strike at $20 per contract. Cant wait to see this bitch run to $300 now.  

It’s absolutely going to plummet. But when.

I’m very fresh to the options game... so to make money on your position, you actually need it to be below $100/share on exp, correct? Assuming you don’t assign the contracts.

6 hours ago, bluto said:

I’m very fresh to the options game... so to make money on your position, you actually need it to be below $100/share on exp, correct? Assuming you don’t assign the contracts.

If I hold the position all the way to close, I would need the price below 100 to make money, but I can sell the position at any time prior and the value of those contracts can vary dramatically due to the price of the underlying, volatility, time decay, etc... As an example, the last trade yesterday was at $22. There is a good chance I won't hold all the way to expiration and simply look to get out for a decent profit after a good plunge, hopefully sooner rather than later.  

Some early Bid action on XMET at .001, even at .0011, but those seem to have been closed out now. RCR, are you seeing any early positions en masse? Lots of shorts from .001? Yesterday's violent oscillation between .008 and .009, just ping pong all day, makes me want to try and flip a few lots today, but only if my big sell order at .001 goes through. Probably set a buy in at .008 and see what I get.

1 hour ago, capnamerca said:

Some early Bid action on XMET at .001, even at .0011, but those seem to have been closed out now. RCR, are you seeing any early positions en masse? Lots of shorts from .001? Yesterday's violent oscillation between .008 and .009, just ping pong all day, makes me want to try and flip a few lots today, but only if my big sell order at .001 goes through. Probably set a buy in at .008 and see what I get.

A lot of early people jumped off on the buyer news and took profits. There are probably still a couple hundred million from the .0002, and maybe some of the original dividend holders if they're smart and held it as a lotto ticket

Based on the support it's shown at .0006 I think you'd be safe in the .0006 - .0007 range to flip up to .001 area (or higher if you're holding for news). Less safe but very stonktastic to try flipping .0008 - .0009

BITW seems like an interesting way to "invest your money". While ostensibly its just a holding fund for cryptos, its price has swung from 33 to 199 and back down to around 70 currently. So basically no correlation to the crypto value it is supposed to represent. This seems like the market equivalent of gambling with cousin eddie

• Hook 'Em 1

ALPP is just lobbing $$$bombs left and right now

https://twitter.com/alpine4tech/status/1339930460445528064

https://twitter.com/alpine4tech/status/1339983644660625408

XMET also chipping at .0011 , once again this is all recalibrating the investor value/risk . No news as of yet

Edited by RCRanger03

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

BITW seems like an interesting way to "invest your money". While ostensibly its just a holding fund for cryptos, its price has swung from 33 to 199 and back down to around 70 currently. So basically no correlation to the crypto value it is supposed to represent. This seems like the market equivalent of gambling with cousin eddie

BITW is bigtime gambling, no doubt.  But it's a great trading stock with savage swings.  I think it's going back to the 40's.

37 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

ALPP is just lobbing $$$bombs left and right now

https://twitter.com/alpine4tech/status/1339930460445528064

https://twitter.com/alpine4tech/status/1339983644660625408

XMET also chipping at .0011 , once again this is all recalibrating the investor value/risk . No news as of yet

Whats the next thing we are looking for with ALPP. Is it just random tidbits of news or rumors that is going to drive this thing for awhile or are they specific dates and a roadmap that you are following?

I think this is confirmation that I've been #stonking (read the last sentence)

By January 31, 2021, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”) will restrict orders in Caveat Emptor designated OTC securities to liquidating trades only. Closing trades will continue to be allowed after this time.

Why is this change happening?
A Caveat Emptor security is a designation the OTC Markets Group places on a security after a determination was made surrounding the company that there may be potential risk to investors which may include:

a potentially misleading or manipulative stock promotion,

known investigation of fraudulent or criminal activity committed by the company or insiders

regulatory trading suspensions or halts,

disruptive or undisclosed corporate actions, and/or

other reasons related to the public interest.

Caveat Emptor securities have the potential for illiquid and highly volatile conditions. A skull and crossbones icon is placed next to the stock symbol.

We are notifying you as you may have traded in or held positions in securities of this type within the past 12 months.

So it looks like I'll need an additional account to make #stonk-trades, as Schwab doesn't want my business.

Edited by Wally Fairway

8 minutes ago, TornACL said:

So perfect. 

A pirate's life for me lol I've made a lot of bones on the crossbones, lost a lot too. I wonder what that means for TdA that the Schwab overlords are doing that. They also have 1M caps on OTC orders I believe... but they're free on Schwab. I just need the free OTCs on ToS and we'll call it square

Also SNVP printing Ms on .0007 not long ago which is interesting. I still have 2M shares languishing. LOL and I just went to look again to see what was on LVL2 and it dumped 7M back to .0005/.0006

4 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

A lot of early people jumped off on the buyer news and took profits. There are probably still a couple hundred million from the .0002, and maybe some of the original dividend holders if they're smart and held it as a lotto ticket

Based on the support it's shown at .0006 I think you'd be safe in the .0006 - .0007 range to flip up to .001 area (or higher if you're holding for news). Less safe but very stonktastic to try flipping .0008 - .0009

Sell order went through, took a few losses and parked them for the year. Now to decide to buy back in at .0006 or .0007, and maybe catch a dip. I'd want to get enough shares to make it worthwhile, though, which means I need the volume up. 

9 hours ago, nycHorn said:

Anyone have an opinion on TSLA today or Monday with them being added to the S&P. I have some shares I’ve made money on. Trying to decide if there might be a pullback Monday or not. Thinking about exiting my position.

I would sell the news.  Methinks TSLA retreats from these levels.  Of course, that’s just my opinion.  I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I would sell the news.  Methinks TSLA retreats from these levels.  Of course, that’s just my opinion.  I could be wrong.

Yeah - I think the number I've read is that funds will need to add >$70 billion in TSLA to their portfolio, and that means selling about the same amount of everything else.
I'm gonna double down on my investment in that being disruptive and have a 2:1 strangle 12/23 expiry - so hoping for some sort of  swing

55 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Yeah - I think the number I've read is that funds will need to add >$70 billion in TSLA to their portfolio, and that means selling about the same amount of everything else.
I'm gonna double down on my investment in that being disruptive and have a 2:1 strangle 12/23 expiry - so hoping for some sort of  swing

That play makes sense.  Of course, you’re dealing with WS and their job is to screw as many people out of as much money as possible, so...

Just now, HoustonHorn said:

Is there a profit taking target here or are you holding? What's your exit point - I know you said you're holding for a year, but do you have a target price?

Is this about ALPP? $3.50 is at least what Airbus valued it at when they took shares of ALPP in exchange for their investment in IA.

I'd be tempted to sell some at that point, but maybe not I really would like to see them on NASDAQ and that's $5 I think?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2020 at 3:34 PM, Wally Fairway said:

So my investment was to buy 20 $360 12/23 puts and 10 $372 12/23 calls - I've sold 12 of the puts and covered the entire cost of the strangle and can now sit back for a bit and see how this plays out.
And who knows why this move is happening - TSLA added to S&P (and related selling in everything else), new Rona variant, Stimulus, brrrrrrt machine restarting or not running through end of the year, daily Fed stopgap budgets to temp forestall a shutdown, Jupiter and Saturn conjunction, Aggy tears, Fitlump, ....

Is this about ALPP? $3.50 is at least what Airbus valued it at when they took shares of ALPP in exchange for their investment in IA.
I'd be tempted to sell some at that point, but maybe not I really would like to see them on NASDAQ and that's $5 I think?
Yes, thanks. Tough to sit on it when I sat there at 0.045 for so long. But damn if it doesn't keep going up. I'm holding.

1 minute ago, HoustonHorn said:
51 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Yes, thanks. Tough to sit on it when I sat there at 0.045 for so long. But damn if it doesn't keep going up. I'm holding.

Do some research on it and it will make you want to hold. 

spencer gore

dji blacklisted

military contracts

airbus investment

patents on battery life

lots of positive swirl about this right now

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RCRanger03 said:

So apparently the minimum is $3-$4 which fits that evaluation by Airbus to a T and that's just the projected value based on what they have going on right now. More acquisitions could happen, QCA keep doing $1M quarters, the new VARCO relationship could be massive for the Fabrication subs, more military 

If the Electric Airplane thing happens then who knows how high it could go maybe it's the Tesla of the Skies

This started out as my watch fund. I can now comfortable buy all the watches I want. RC, you've made a lot of people a lot of money. My coworker told me a couple weeks ago ALPP is the talk of Texags too. Hopefully those guys get you some scotch as well. You'll have to upgrade your bar, which doesn't look like it will be an issue.

When I do sell you have a case coming.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, bluto said:

Good job ppl, not on it but had an eye on it

RC what’s up with fpvd? Standard profit taking? I’m free rolling on it so no worries but curious what the sitch is

They still haven't announced all the finalization of the merger, when the ticker will change, the new CEO hasn't been announced officially either. Some of these people were hoping would be announced at LD Micro. It will bounce around in this range until they do, but when they do it's shown it will move in a hurry. If you're on free shares I'd just wait at this point.

6 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Glad I jumped on the ALPP train Friday. Choo choo motherfuckers.

joined one of us GIF

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Haha 2