Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Seems pretty #stonky to me.  In for a couple thousand shares cause why the fuck not. They have powerpoints and shit.

http://www.pharmatechsolutions.co/assets/inserts/20200327_GenViro!_PP.pdf

are you fucking kidding me, powerpoints - I'm in!!!

Surly is going to push this thing 10%-20% higher which is what like 5 cents?

Snapchat popped 20% on Q1 reports.  on user base growth.  Not earnings beat - which lagged, and is negative still.  Even the fake-- I mean adjusted ebitda is still a loss.

FB and Goog have way better user data, and yet their ad revenue dropped.

So I'm tempted to short this bitch again.  But I've already been burned on it once.    They say you shouldn't get emotional but come on, is it wrong to wish Evan Spiegel contracts turboaids?

Cross post from the oil thread. I’m pretty sure this is a stonk play:

Starting tomorrow, the CME Group (NASDAQ:CME) clearing house will switch its options pricing and valuation model to accommodate negative prices in the underlying futures and allow for listing of options contracts with negative strikes, Bloomberg reports.

1 hour ago, Rusty Shackelford said:

Who’s gonna be the first to buy some -$50 June puts?

I'm holding out for negative options pricing. Pay me to hold options in your shitty ass company that will never turn a profit. How many ya got? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Are we rich yet?

You weren't rich already?! Oh honey this ain't your game.... (says the career non-profit worker)

That being said I'm up 30% on my shares avg.  Just a heads up since I've been watching this for a while and it may not apply on this pump up, but right around 10am everyday there is a dip (so you can STONK some more) and then it recovers by 1pm and then profit till close.

Just now, Blotto said:

Anybody know when they are holding their presentation today? Just want to get a feel for when this thing goes south on me.

The presentation is Thursday morning, as for today...

wolf of wall street ed GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Are we rich yet?

If you have to ask you will never know, if you know you need only ask.

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Anybody know when they are holding their presentation today? Just want to get a feel for when this thing goes south on me.

mañana

https://www.wsj.com/articles/PR-CO-20200421-909283

Edited by Wally Fairway

21 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Just a heads up since I've been watching this for a while and it may not apply on this pump up, but right around 10am everyday there is a dip (so you can STONK some more) and then it recovers by 1pm and then profit till close.

NATIONAL PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE

1-800-522-4700

The National Council on Problem Gambling operates the National Problem Gambling Helpline Network (1-800-522-4700). The network is a single national access point to local resources for those seeking help for a gambling problem. The network consists of 28 call centers which provide resources and referrals for all 50 states, Canada and the US Virgin Islands. Help is available 24/7 and is 100% confidential.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

USO announces a reverse stock split 1:8, effective April 28.
Does anyone know what happens to open option interest in a case like this? 
Asking for a friend

https://www.streetinsider.com/Corporate+News/USCF+Announces+One-for-Eight+Reverse+Share+Split+for+the+United+States+Oil+Fund+(USO)/16770302.html

Spoiler

(obviously the friend is actually me)

Edited by Wally Fairway
link added
  • Like 1

NATIONAL PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE
1-800-522-4700
The National Council on Problem Gambling operates the National Problem Gambling Helpline Network (1-800-522-4700). The network is a single national access point to local resources for those seeking help for a gambling problem. The network consists of 28 call centers which provide resources and referrals for all 50 states, Canada and the US Virgin Islands. Help is available 24/7 and is 100% confidential.
Oh indeed

The real question is if I'm playing poker against TeddyKGB at the beginning of Rounders or the end...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Continental Op said:

RCRanger and Anastasis are throwing down the first Surly #stonks thread pump and dump! 

and now we are all multi-hundredaires - I'm expecting the gains to double by tomorrow before the presser.
buy the hype, sell the news - set your limit orders in now for getting out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

and now we are all multi-hundredaires - I'm expecting the gains to double by tomorrow before the presser.

I'm rolling my profits into one of those big industrial barrels that I will use to store oil in my backyard. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I'm rolling my profits into one of those big industrial barrels that I will use to store oil in my backyard. 

We should figure out how much one of their testing doohickies costs. Perhaps we pool our profits to buy one, and open up shop in a Walgreens parking lot gouging people on Covid testing , doing our part to fight this invisible enemy. 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

We should figure out how much one of their testing doohickies costs. Perhaps we pool our profits to buy one, and open up shop in a Walgreens parking lot gouging people on Covid testing , doing our part to fight this invisible enemy. 

They're aiming to submarine the other recently approved at home kits like LabCorp by going in around ~$10.

The real dream is if LabCorp or another big boy gets worried and gobbles them up when they are still too small to compete. 

20 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

The real dream is if LabCorp or another big boy gets worried and gobbles them up when they are still too small to compete. 

Now we're talking.However  the practical side of me realizes this was a stock selling at .02 at the beginning of March. It's probably far more likely to revert to that range. I'll hope for a pop tomorrow, but will definitely have a stop order setup to protect against a big fall tomorrow after the new powerpoints are released. 

Still, props for the heads up. Up 40+% in a day is just solid #stonkin.

Edited by Blotto

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I got in a little too late, and out waaaaay too early, but made some coin(s).  Thanks @RCRanger03

Thank my lucky stars everyday that I don't have to depend on this for a living.  

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I got in a little too late, and out waaaaay too early, but made some coin(s).  Thanks @RCRanger03

Thank my lucky stars everyday that I don't have to depend on this for a living.  

Thanks @RCRanger03 - my goal at this point is to sell enough to cover my investment tomorrow morning before the presser and then hold the rest to see if it launches or if it does the fall on the news cycle.

38 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Now we're talking.However  the practical side of me realizes this was a stock selling at .02 at the beginning of March. It's probably far more likely to revert to that range. I'll hope for a pop tomorrow, but will definitely have a stop order setup to protect against a big fall tomorrow after the new powerpoints are released. 

Still, props for the heads up. Up 40+% in a day is just solid #stonkin.

Stop order is a must, but I'm only covering my initial investment the rest will be for the moon shot or nothing since it's house money anyways. Difference between buying a few bottles of Lagavulin and buying the whole damn distillery (Surly discounts of course) lol. 

13 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Stop order is a must, but I'm only covering my initial investment the rest will be for the moon shot or nothing since it's house money anyways. Difference between buying a few bottles of Lagavulin and buying the whole damn distillery (Surly discounts of course) lol. 

You know that makes more sense. Sold 1300 shares at .38 to cover my cost, so I'm freeballin with the remaining 700  shares tomorrow. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

You know that makes more sense. Sold 1300 shares at .38 to cover my cost, so I'm freeballin with the remaining 700  shares tomorrow. 

I was going to do the same, but I got sidetracked heading into the close & it looks like there was a fair amount of selling into the close.
Looking at the activity - there are 141M shares listed as outstanding, and the average daily volume (10 days) is almost 40M a day. That tells me someone is pumping and getting out (dumping) at the close.
I think I'll look to get out at the open tomorrow for at least my investment - 1 month low on this is .056, less than 3 weeks ago. I'd love to see it skyrocket, but if there was really something hot coming up, then I'd say the daily volume would actually be lower

55 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I was going to do the same, but I got sidetracked heading into the close & it looks like there was a fair amount of selling into the close.
Looking at the activity - there are 141M shares listed as outstanding, and the average daily volume (10 days) is almost 40M a day. That tells me someone is pumping and getting out (dumping) at the close.
I think I'll look to get out at the open tomorrow for at least my investment - 1 month low on this is .056, less than 3 weeks ago. I'd love to see it skyrocket, but if there was really something hot coming up, then I'd say the daily volume would actually be lower

Not sure how reliable the "#of employees" data is on Yahoo finance, but it shows 11 employees. March 1st, their stock was at $0.02, and now  today it briefly hit $0.40. I would really like to see real-time insider selling numbers on this stock, as it probably tells you whether they really believe they can turn Covid into revenue. Linkedin shows 3 employees, 1 of whom now works for Netsuite, and another who is "lead graphic and web designer". I want to believe, but.....

39 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Can you set stop orders on penny stocks?  It was a long time ago but I was fucking around with one as a lottery ticket and my not so good recollection is I could only sell via a market order.  But I could (and probably am) be wrong.

I guess we'll find out, as I just entered a stop order for $0.02 on my remaining shares. I figure after the fees, that will leave about $9.00 which will buy me a decent (not great) 6 pack of beer. That alone makes this entire exercise worth it. 

Edited by Blotto

23 minutes ago, Blotto said:

guess we'll find out, as I just entered a stop order for $0.02 on my remaining shares. I figure after the fees, that will leave about $9.00 which will buy me a decent (not great) 6 pack of beer. That alone makes this entire exercise worth it. 

If the order went through then you should be fine.  I remember getting a message saying my order couldn't be accepted because of AMEX exchange rules or something like that.  It was back in 2010 so it's likely things are different now.

BTW, picked up a 6er of Pacifico Clara at HEB for 9.90ish.  It may not be the greatest, but I like it.  Maybe move your stop up just a little to cover the 90 cents.

55 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

surly is hitting a new level of gambling degeneracy

38 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Certainly by "gambling degeneracy" you mean "prudent, well-researched risk taking"? 

hello - the word you are looking for is stonk, hence the title of THIS thread
and to touch on the point made by @52-80 - ain't got nothing else to bet on, so why not?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Sell off has begun

Well that was quick - at least I got 80% of my money back, and it is floating around my entry point. 
I'll wait a little bit; classic pump and dump playbook action though

looking at the volume, somebody wanted out pretty bad, so they sold 10+M shares at about 50% of the prior transaction, and it took a little while to fill that volume.

Edited by Wally Fairway
  • Like 1