Shriners College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

7 hours ago, Dewey said:

I'm going back to the radio broadcast, announcers  and college umpiring are brutal. 

Radio broadcast is much better for sure.  I think this will be a big confidence booster for our guys.  Most of the freshmen seem to be doing well, still not impressed with Dixon.  I'm still very optimistic.

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

This feels way too fucking similar to last year but fuck it. Just keep winning 

Meh, not really imo. This team puts the ball in play more, not necessarily hits just yet but compared to last year it looks better. Faltine alone has gave us chance on the left side of the infield, and idk where Zubia came from defensively but I like his play so far too. 

• Like 1

I will take it.  I remember an 8-1 9th inning lead against Stanford turning into 8-7 in a hurry in Feb 2005, capped off by a Jed Lowery grand slam off J Brent Cox, who had to be pulled.  After 3 years of being spoiled by Huston Street i was thinking, uh oh we will need a new closer.  We didn't, as it turned out.  

Anyway, there are some positive thoughts.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Meh, not really imo. This team puts the ball in play more, not necessarily hits just yet but compared to last year it looks better. Faltine alone has gave us chance on the left side of the infield, and idk where Zubia came from defensively but I like his play so far too. 

Yeah, last year LSU's pitchers couldn't throw strikes (and, to our credit, we took advantage), and Arkie administered a first-game beatdown. We won the second game because Van Horn treated it like an audition for the back half of his bullpen.  This year we lost a very well played game to LSU, in which we made their best pitcher work.  Yesterday was a  bit weird, but we knocked out one of their best pitchers very quickly and our bullpen got some experience against real hitters.

2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

The record books now say L for piggy.  That is all that matters.  Fuck Arky. Now, on to Missouri at 3:00 pm.

Mizzu....So it's another opponent that left the B12 -- time to kickass Horns!!

(HaHa.... autocorrect changes Mizzu to MUZZY 😄)

Game 1, they faced maybe probably the two top pitchers this weekend and it showed. L

Game 2, top 10 team that can crush that ball. Bats were awake. W

hopefully they finish the weekend with a W

this was a great tournament, glad I went to 5 games. Yesterday was too cold though, close the roof

Edited by tx 3 putt