Shriners College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, Blackcat00 said:

Fat fucking bastard was ready to hit the buffet. 

no doubt.  he was like the little league ump that loves to call strikes because the ball curves.  fucking horrible.  the problem is we kept throwing fat fucking BP fastballs right down the middle.

Pierce is gonna get fired and he should.  he sucks and this team is marginally better than the last place team last year.

Horrible third strike call. He knew it too. He sprinted off the field like he was gonna get murdered. 

But until our pitchers can field bunts and throw it 20 feet to first base without incident, don’t deserve to win. Christ. 

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

as long as the ball was somewhere near the plate on a breaking pitch it was a strike and we never even tried to taek advantage of what the ump was doing.  all game it happened.  that is just shitty coaching.

You’ve always been out of your element

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the kind of weekend Pierce sorts out all those pitchers he has on the roster. By my count, he’s used 17 so far. By the time we get to Big-12 play, barring injury, he probably has 9 or 10 he uses on weekends.

It’s about what we should have expected. 

There’s umps having a horrible strike zone and then there’s umps that don’t even have a strike zone. The latter is what all 6 teams had to deal with this weekend — it is unfair to the players and coaches. There’s nothing the players or coaches can do but hope they get more calls their way. 

Agreed.  Pescii might fall over when I say this, but that was not a bad 1-2 result. 

Do NOT misunderstand, I'm not going aggy and claiming moral victory.

Taken as a whole, however, I saw that this team has the talent to keep up with good to elite teams in a condensed, arm burning series, all the other stupid, fixable bullshit they did this weekend notwithstanding.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

All Texas field next year :

Texas A&M, Rice, Sam Houston State, TCU, Texas State and Texas Tech

similar to last years field 

We are in Dallas for the SEC bash at the rangers new place.    But it's good to know that it's not the same weekend as the Houston tourney.  (TCU/TT is playing in both)

https://kkam.com/texas-tech-baseball-set-to-play-in-stacked-2021-tournament-at-new-globe-life-field/

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

Agreed.  Pescii might fall over when I say this, but that was not a bad 1-2 result. 

Do NOT misunderstand, I'm not going aggy and claiming moral victory.

Taken as a whole, however, I saw that this team has the talent to keep up with good to elite teams in a condensed, arm burning series, all the other stupid, fixable bullshit they did this weekend notwithstanding.

Lifting Dixon for Ford made me channel my inner Cajun....  Lots more baseball...

5 minutes ago, petscii said:

We are in Dallas for the SEC bash at the rangers new place.    But it's good to know that it's not the same weekend as the Houston tourney.  (TCU/TT is playing in both)

https://kkam.com/texas-tech-baseball-set-to-play-in-stacked-2021-tournament-at-new-globe-life-field/

I might come up for that one