Texas at Tech- ESPN, happening now

Goo Punch

Hamm can leap out of the gym... frustrating he’s not a better defensive rebounder ... I think he just sets up to box out a little too close to the rim and jumps a little bit early sometimes... those things can be fixed.

Besides coaching, the biggest weakness of this team has been our guards’ shot selection, ball security, and general low b-ball iq ... that’s been better w febres out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I hate to say it, but to this point losing Febres has been addition by subtraction. Relatedly, Sims getting injured has been serendipitous for Shaka, forcing him to give PT to his young guys who it turns are actually ready to produce if given the chance. 

agreed on Febres.  no D and he's hot 1 game in 4 and doesn't stress the D.

Shaka needs to tighten the leash just a bit on Ramey ... he needs to on the court a lot for us but when he’s unilaterally overriding the game plan and dribbling the clock our Hardin style he needs a little time out ... we are better with 2 bigs on the floor than just 1 ...

man we suck at every facet of rebounding, from positioning, to boxing out, to timing the rebound, to even actually just going for the damn thing. 

It looks like a lot of it (aside from very poor boxing out) is related to simply giving up ground too much and ending up too close to the bucket

1 minute ago, VinyVango said:

It looks like a lot of it (aside from very poor boxing out) is related to simply giving up ground too much and ending up too close to the bucket

everytime a shot goes up I pray we get the rebound even if there isn't an opponent  with 10 feet and we have 3 guys there.  

• Like 1