Texas at Tech- ESPN, happening now

Goo Punch

In a down year as a whole for the conference, Texas is really looking like one of the better teams. Winning on the road in Lubbock (not an easy place to play) shows that they could probably beat anyone outside of Baylor/Kansas on a neutral court. They're definitely making the tournament

Just now, Juke_Em said:

In a down year as a whole for the conference, Texas is really looking like one of the better teams. Winning on the road in Lubbock (not an easy place to play) shows that they could probably beat anyone outside of Baylor/Kansas on a neutral court. They're definitely making the tournament

we are far from definitely but if they beat OSU and one tournament game I think they are in.

AJ and Ramey are carrying these guys but Hamm and Brock are adding the blue collar nicely.

2 minutes ago, Gambrinus said:

Really not sure what happens with the coach now, but super proud of the players for stepping up and winning despite the distractions. Hook 'em!

Short bench forced him to put guys on the court who should have already been out there?

Final on fouls....in the last 22 minutes of game time, which is after the tech. Foul, 8 against us, 10 against tech.

called evenly.....If shaka doesn’t get technical foul, do we get the evenly called 22 minutes?  Don’t think so.

lesson learned.  Shaka should come on even stronger at beginning of games. Let refs know he’s not laying down.

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

refs call it even in the 2nd half and we beat them by 17.

You beat me to this. This is the only half out of 4 against Tech where it wasn't 2 or 3 times more fouls against us. The kids aren't afraid to shoot or make plays on their own like earlier in the year. Everyone is contributing . This game was a great win. Tomorrow its time to focus on OU. Win the last 2 and it will make it tough for the committee to keep us out and then anything can happen.. Kids play with heart and is huge.

Just now, Deej said:

Short bench forced him to put guys on the court who should have already been out there?

Hamm, Cunningham are doing the dirty work and Ramey and AJ are shooting lights out. 

funny thing is I'm not sure what Coleman is really doing but he's not a negative but seems to be playing good D and we need him so Ramey doesn't have to start the O.

need Williams against OU though.

Febres was a huge negative on D, Hepa is just not that athletic and seemed to be below avg on O and just OK on D. Liddell was a don't care when Williams started playing.

Hamm has made up for Sims other than the shot blocking/affecting

20 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

No boring player on the court for Horns today. What defense and what an offense by the 10 PT dog on the road. 21 seconds left

This. What a defensive effort start to finish. Sensational. And while Kai may not have been much on the offensive end, the effort and improved footwork was glaring from he, D Will (shame he got hurt. Was playing well) and Baker on that end of the floor. 

Play with effort like that for 40 mins, three ball handlers on the floor, and let AJ shoot / create the majority of the offense. Not always pretty but effective 

Nice game by your Horns.

Holy crap they hit clutch shots late in the clock. A Jones was a incredible.  Cunningham provided a very quiet spark, if you will.  Hamm, Jr  came up big. Ramey was there too.

Maybe i read too much on this board, but I was counting on Shaka to fuck things up.  Seemed like he go out of the players' way today.

Not sure if popular opinion, or possibly just a pipedream; but would love to see UT make the dance.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Febres? Lol. I kid. But also 🤷🏻‍♂️

Febres getting shots that Ramey and AJ should have been taking was a problem.  hoping for the one hot game in 5 from Febres probably cost us some games.

Baker is at least not a complete disaster now. small doses is OK

• Like 1

Shocking. No way in hell did I expect we'd win in Lubbuttock. Guess y'all can keep that $9.95.

Starting to remind of last year's NIT run when the team really came together despite losing its best player. No fault of the player. If anything, just more proof that these kids have consistently underachieved.

Anyway, great W. Hope there are more to come.

Is it possible that Shaka’s biggest weakness isn’t coaching offense, coaching defense, recruiting, or player development, but simply an inability to select the right players to give minutes to? Between the performance of this team after the injuries, and the good performances of players who got chased away by Shaka to other schools, it sure seems like that’s his biggest weakness.